• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Fun Restaurants/Places Did You Visit in Chicago?

I believe they were called Funnel Cakes. I don't remember the name of the restraunt but it was a little place that served amazing funnel cakes.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
We had so much fun as a cluster!

Monday night, we were exhausted...and we spent way too much time just laying around in our rooms chatting, so we ended up ordering delivery from Giordanos. One of team brought a BIG bottle of Mango Margaritas, and that, along with the excellent pizza, was our big night "out" on Monday.:chef:

Tuesday, my director and I took our whole team out for dinner. It was our way of thanking them for the investment of time and money that they'd made to come to conference. We went to an Asian restaurant near the Hilton - The Tamarind (TARMARIND SUSHI.COM 614 South Wabash Chicago, IL 312-379-0970) and had a BLAST! It was so much fun - and the food was outstanding!

Wednesday was Navy Pier night (with LOTS of others from conference it appeared!) We hung out on the deck at the Billy Goat Tavern w/ Cheezborgers, Horny Toads (a really fabulous drink!), and Cinnamon Almonds & Funnel Cakes from the other side of the path. The weather was perfect for outdoor dining, and we had the BEST view of the fireworks!

I LOVED that we had time this year to just hang out as a cluster, and talk about conference, and life in general. It was a terrific bonding time...wouldn't trade it for anything!

We went to Giordanos, too...AWESOME!!!
On the walk from the Hilton to the Willis (=Sears) tower, I found the best popcorn ever...Garrett Popcorn. The Chicago Blend was so good...I had to stop myself from eating it all so I could share it with the kids when we got home.
Navy Pier/Bubba Gumps was nice.
I found out afterwards that the Hancock building has a free observation deck at floor 93. That's only 10 floors shorter than the Willis Tower--and you pay at Willis.
Also got a recommendation for Wendella Boat Tours while riding the "L" to Midway--a "native" said it was a great tour.

Monday night we ate at The Elephant and Castle. It's an English pub. Delicious food. Relaxing atmosphere.Tuesday we ordered Pizano's pizza to our room. At it while we watched The Blindside.Wednesday our upline took us out to Buca di Beppo. I've wanted to try that for a long time. Delicious!

On Tuesday night we went to the opening night of the Broadway musical "Shrek". It was outstanding...and not as expensive as you might think. After 4 conferences finally had a Chicago style dog as we walked to the theater. Of course did Cheesecake Factory and Bubba Gump's too. Wish PC would plan a night out on the town and rent one of the theaters, ball park, or museum and have a "social event".

We had an extra "exec team time" in our suite Monday with Pizza and drinks, Navy Pier ,Cheesecake Factory and went on a wonderful cruise that was catered Wednesday night. We got to see the fireworks from Lake Michigan- incredible!

Monday a few of us went to Savoy (I think that was the name of the restaurant), next door to the Hilton (Terry, I still cannot believe I was upstairs long enough for you guys to order, receive, eat, and have the hamburgers cleared away!!!). That dinner was great (the company was a lot of fun, too), and I had a sandwhich, with mashed potatoes and soda, for $10 - which I think is remarkable for downtown Chicago. Tuesday was pizza night with our Exec (don't know from where they ordered the pizza). Wednesday two team mates and I (who chose not to go on the boat ride), went to 11th City Diner (Ann, I kept looking for you, though I knew the chances were slim). I almost forgot about it, but when we went searching for Subway, I realized the route we were taking looked familiar.

The place was PACKED with PC Consultants. They even have a sign outside which says "We (heart) The Pampered Chef," and they asked everyone who came in if they were with PC, and if you said yes, they gave you postcards and magnets. I will definitely make the 11th City Diner a tradition. Especially since the Lox & Latke was (sorry, I have to say it) AMAZING!!

I dined at Harry Carys at navy pier, Greek Islands, and Giordanos deep dish pizza one night. Wed I was at the top of the ferris wheel when the fire works started. The best view of the fireworks I would say.

Sunday night we went to a great pizza place called the Brick. Little hole in t he wall but was amazing. Monday night found us at a Mexican Restraunt that I can remember the name of but had yummy margaritas. Wednesday night went to a roof top bar and had drinks and appetizers, the PF Changs for some awesome food. Wednesday night we went on the Anita Dee Yatch for 3 hours and have great antipasto and meat skewers. Watched the fireworks for the deck. Ate at the P.J. Clarkes later that is attached to the Embassy Suites.

Sounds like you all had some wonderful meals! I really want to go to conference next year. Did anyone go to Ed Debevics?? I went to Chicago many moons ago and ate there and it was so much fun!!

poohritz said:
I dined at Harry Carys at navy pier, Greek Islands, and Giordanos deep dish pizza one night. Wed I was at the top of the ferris wheel when the fire works started. The best view of the fireworks I would say.

Love the new profile pic and excited to see you actually post! ;)

Monday night some of my Director & I went with some of the others from CA to a Thai restaurant and I had Pad Thai. It was good but not enough chicken in it! ;)Tuesday night we went to a fabulous place called "The Market"! They had so many different kinds of food. We ate outside with my Executive Director, Director, and several others. We had chicken nachos, pita & hummus (my first time), and another appetizer but I didn't eat that one so don't remember what it was. We then had dinner and it was huge portions! I had a delicious turkey burger with turkey bacon on a wheat bun with broccoli. It was so good!Wednesday night we went to the Navy Pier with our Executive Director. I had a Chicago Dog and was NOT impressed! Sorry but sliced tomatoes, a pickle spear, and long hot peppers do NOT belong on a hot dog! LOL! We then went on the riverboat cruise and saw the fireworks from the top deck! They were absolutely beautiful! The little sliver moon was playing "peek-a-boo" between the buildings and I hope someone got great pictures. Some of the ladies were walking back to the Sheraton and suggested I try to get a taxi. Well evidently no one was interested in picking up the lady on the walker, so I walked back to the Sheraton from the Navy Pier! It's about 2 miles... I did get to run in Walgreen's and grabbed my grandson a cute t-shirt and my granddaughter a ballerina rubber duck with a tutu and a tiara that says "Chicago" on it! They really had a great selection of souvenirs at very reasonable prices. I loved the time we got to spend with others! I ate lunch with Sarah (pamperedsarah) and Crystal on Thursday and LOVED talking with them!

The Market is great, isn't it? they serve portions that could feed 2! It's in the Water Tower, just an FYI in case anyone wants to know.

We had Giordano's delivered on Monday, the Pavillion at the Hilton on Tuesday, and Cheesecake Factory on Wednesday.

SRO Monday, Girodonos delivered Tuesday, and Bubba Gump's at Navy Pier on Wednesday.

Went to Wildfire Monday nite, Weber Grill Tues nite and navy pier Wed nite we ate at the foodcourt so we didnt miss our boat. Did the river cruise and fireworks. Saw a friend from college Tues nite for almost 3 hours that I havent seen in over 12 yrs. Awesome time! My first conference!

My NED bought pizza for everyone Sunday night. Mon was upper level dinner.. the food was reeeeaaallly good. Tuesday my NED treated all of her upper level directors to dinner at the Grand Lux... oooooh yum! Thursday afternoon we ate at Cheesecake Factory.
We also did the architectural and fireworks tour. It was GREAT!!!

We ate at Tamarind both Sunday and Monday nights - YUM!!!! I will definitely be eating there again next year! Tuesday, our upline SD ordered Giordano's in the hotel lobby and we had a pizza/networking party. Wednesday, we ate at Bubba Gump's at Navy Pier. By the way, Becky, it was great meeting you at Team Time! Congrats again!

cookie325 said:
We ate at Tamarind both Sunday and Monday nights - YUM!!!! I will definitely be eating there again next year! Tuesday, our upline SD ordered Giordano's in the hotel lobby and we had a pizza/networking party. Wednesday, we ate at Bubba Gump's at Navy Pier.

By the way, Becky, it was great meeting you at Team Time! Congrats again!

Nicole - it was so nice meeting you! Now, when you post, I have your face in my mind!

And for anyone who hasn't met Nicole - she is simply adorable!:)

Monday night was a bust for us- we had gone to the Willis/Sears Tower, and planned to find food somewhere along the way between the Tower and Michigan. There really was nothing to speak of! (mind you- it was my DH, myself, and our two young boys (9 & 6)...so bar/clubs were out. And we didn't want McD's or Subway type joints that are everywhere in the country. We thought we'd find something along Michigan (we were at the Embassy down by the Sheraton). We passed Bennigan's up thinking something better (and less of a wait)...but nope. Ended up going into the Dominicks grocery across from the hotel and got sandwich meat and frozen pizzas. (Lesson learned.)Tuesday- went down to Water Tower and ate at "Mity Nice Grill". Very good and a pretty good price! (it's at the back of the food court). We only had to wait 5 minutes. :D (Cheesecake Factory across the street was over an hour wait!)Wednesday- like everyone else, Navy pier! So much fun. Ate at Bubba Gumps (love that place), rode the swing, and then watched the fireworks in front of the fun house.My DH said that they ate at the Navy Pier's Cantina (Mexican)- I don't remember the name, but it's upstairs in the botanical garden area (which was very nice! and air conditioned!). They said it was very good.

ChefBeckyD said:
Nicole - it was so nice meeting you! Now, when you post, I have your face in my mind!

And for anyone who hasn't met Nicole - she is simply adorable!:)

Awe shucks...thanks, Becky! :blushing: You're pretty dang adorable yourself! :)

I'm so happy I actually got to meet someone from Chef Success - last year, I saw a Cheffer in one of my workshops, but I was too shy to go say hi. :eek:

cookie325 said:
Awe shucks...thanks, Becky! :blushing: You're pretty dang adorable yourself! :)

I'm so happy I actually got to meet someone from Chef Success - last year, I saw a Cheffer in one of my workshops, but I was too shy to go say hi. :eek:

Darn... I was at the same team time, Wish I had not lost my button!!!

Our best find was Mity Nice Grill at Water Tower Place. Good food, good prices, good service, no wait. Will definately go back!!

etteluap70PC said:
Darn... I was at the same team time, Wish I had not lost my button!!!

Well, I didn't have my button either - I just knew that had to be Becky from her post about what she was wearing to walk as a new director. I would've loved to meet you, Paulette!!!

Saturday - Dick's Last Resort - Absolutely Fun & Hilarious!
Sunday - Ngu (Sushi....yum)
Monday night with my AD - Pizza Party with ED - ordered in Giordanos.
Tuesday - Fultons' with my teammate and her family! Awesome time with them, but way overpriced! Yikes!
Wednesday -Navy Pier & Bubba Gumps

ChefBeckyD said:
We had so much fun as a cluster!

Monday night, we were exhausted...and we spent way too much time just laying around in our rooms chatting, so we ended up ordering delivery from Giordanos. One of team brought a BIG bottle of Mango Margaritas, and that, along with the excellent pizza, was our big night "out" on Monday.:chef:

Tuesday, my director and I took our whole team out for dinner. It was our way of thanking them for the investment of time and money that they'd made to come to conference. We went to an Asian restaurant near the Hilton - The Tamarind (TARMARIND SUSHI.COM 614 South Wabash Chicago, IL 312-379-0970) and had a BLAST! It was so much fun - and the food was outstanding!

Wednesday was Navy Pier night (with LOTS of others from conference it appeared!) We hung out on the deck at the Billy Goat Tavern w/ Cheezborgers, Horny Toads (a really fabulous drink!), and Cinnamon Almonds & Funnel Cakes from the other side of the path. The weather was perfect for outdoor dining, and we had the BEST view of the fireworks!

I LOVED that we had time this year to just hang out as a cluster, and talk about conference, and life in general. It was a terrific bonding time...wouldn't trade it for anything!

Since I hung out with Becky most of the time, my dining experience was almost the same as hers except at Navy Pier three of us in the group ate at Dock Street Cafe, and it was very good. We also had lunch on Thursday at Corner Bakery. After Thursday lunch, I was able to go to Garrett's Popcorn and buy a big bag of Chicago Mix popcorn. LOVE IT!

I really enjoyed being able to hang out in Chicago so much this conference, and I enjoyed being with the Becky and her up and downline during all the free time.

We ate at Grand Lux Monday night and hung out on Navy Pier.
Tuesday we did a cooking class in North Chicago, Absolute Blast a new yearly tradition for our cluster.
Wednesday we did the Arciticture and Firework cruise and Bubba Gumps! Loved the extra nightly down time for us this year!

Giordano's seems to be the popular pizza place! Understandably - it was incredible! I pretty much had the same dining experience as Loreo, since we're in the same group! We actually ended up being in the same set of rooms!!

My director and I went to the White Sox game on Sunday, that was loads of fun! I got tickets free through work!

1. What are some popular restaurants in Chicago?

Some popular restaurants in Chicago include Alinea, Girl & the Goat, and Au Cheval.

2. Are there any unique dining experiences in Chicago?

Yes, there are many unique dining experiences in Chicago such as dinner cruises on Lake Michigan, rooftop restaurants with stunning views, and underground speakeasies.

3. What are some family-friendly restaurants in Chicago?

There are plenty of family-friendly restaurants in Chicago, some popular options include Portillo's, Lou Malnati's, and Giordano's for deep dish pizza.

4. Are there any must-try foods in Chicago?

Yes, Chicago is known for its deep dish pizza, Italian beef sandwiches, and Chicago-style hot dogs. These are all must-try foods for visitors.

5. What are some budget-friendly dining options in Chicago?

For budget-friendly dining in Chicago, you can try out food trucks, grab a slice of pizza from a local pizzeria, or check out some of the city's famous hot dog stands.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefLAM
  • cookn' katie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • lacychef
  • General Chat
Replies