• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surviving Dad's 11-Day Absence: A Fun-Filled Update | Blog in My Signature

In summary, DH has been gone for 11 long days. He left for his trip and DS got the flu and DD projectile vomited all over and threw up all night long. He missed some normally weekly activities to let them get better. They had a great Easter and are still enjoying life. He is coming home VERY VERY soon!
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Well, as just a few of you know, DH has been gone for 11 LONG days! I didn't post before his arrival back today because it's just not good to advertise that Dad is gone for that long...

Anyway, we've had a fun time...

1. Day he went to leave, water was leaking in our room and when he removed the snow, found a soft spot in our roof. We haven't gone in the attic yet to check the damage.

2. Night he left DS (age 4) got the flu...

3. A few days later DD (age 6 1/2) got the flu and PROJECTILE vomited all over and threw up all night long. :yuck:

4. We missed some normally weekly activities again to let them get better.

But, we had a GREAT Easter, some good time together...and we're still enjoying life. :) But, very glad to have Daddy coming home VERY, VERY soon!

If you want a quick peak of where he was...check out the blog in my signature. I didn't post much yet, was waiting until he got home.

I know you'll be glad to have him home! Glad everyone is feeling better too.

My DH travels a lot with his job too. Although I'm glad for the time that he's away and DS and I can do what we want, it's always great when he comes home.

Wow, that seems like a very fun and educational trip!! I majored in biology in college (although I didn't get my degree, but went 4 years), so I LOVE science. I work part-time at a local Science Center here and we have an aquarium with some Southern and Cownose Sting-Rays and Nurse Sharks. I get to play with them all the time. I bet the kids had a blast!!
I'm glad you're getting him back!

Janet, I was just thinking about you this morning and wondering if DH was home yet! Glad you weathered through him being gone OK! I am sure the kiddos liked their alone time with you...(well, after the vomiting was all over!) and I am sure they will be glad when daddy is home, too!

Kids are excited! (...and still up since there is no school tomorrow)
I said they could stay up since they have to come with to pick up Daddy anyway...can't leave them home alone!!!!Only about 1/2 left!We just got done painting Easter eggs and making Daddy a pot of spaghetti (he said he REALLY missed home-cooking).

Glad he is home making things easier for you!

The ROOF? Oh my! If you were from around here I'd ask you if you'd checked to see if it was hail damage ... I still think you should see if it is storm damage! My insurance company replaced my roof (then went out of their way to look for an unrelated reason to cancel me!)

I know you must be so happy that he's home. I know when my dh goes on business trips and hunting trips for 2 weeks at a time, I turn to a puddle. I hate being home alone. I just need that 15 mintues to myself every day and don't get it when he's not here.

1. How can I prepare for my dad's 11-day absence?

To prepare for your dad's 11-day absence, make a list of all the tasks he usually takes care of and plan a schedule for completing them. This will help you stay organized and on top of things while he is away.

2. How can I keep myself entertained during my dad's absence?

There are plenty of fun activities you can do to keep yourself entertained while your dad is away. You can plan a movie night with friends, try a new hobby, or spend time with other family members.

3. What should I do if I need help while my dad is gone?

If you need help with something while your dad is away, reach out to other family members or trusted adults for assistance. You can also make a list of emergency contacts and keep it somewhere easily accessible.

4. How can I make the most of my dad's absence?

Use this time to bond with other family members or friends, try new things, and take on new responsibilities. It can also be a great opportunity to learn more about yourself and your own capabilities.

5. Will my dad's absence affect our family's daily routine?

It's natural for routines to change when a family member is away, but you can work together to maintain a sense of normalcy. Make sure to communicate with your dad and keep him updated on any changes or challenges that may arise.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Karen
  • pamperedalf