• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Let's Meet Up: Monday Night After General Session

In summary, the conversation is about how to arrange a meet up for the first day of conference. The participants are looking for suggestions for a meet up place and time.
DebbieJ
Okay, we need a meet up!!!!!

I say sometime Monday night after general session. I know my cluster is meeting for pizza for dinner, but then the night is free.

Anyone?!?!?!

I don't know my clusters plans - but I would like to try and join you

Kat

I don't know what my clusters plan are either, but I would love to meet all of you!

Ditto! I'm going to find out if we have plans as well...but I can't wait to meet all of my cheffer friends!!

Triple Ditto!

I'll probably bring 1 or 2 of my clustermates along too. (I couldn't leave w/o my recruiter/friend (or I guess the friend part came first!)

I have a Cheffer button and I am not afraid to use it!!!

It's kinda nice that the first day is over so early.
I don't know if my cluster has anything planned that night either; probably supper somewhere....are non-cheffer members of our clusters allowed?:p Do we want to meet at the Sheraton, or where? I know they have the Riverside Cafe there-indoor & outdoor seating, plus a whole area right beside it that's right along the river...

lacychef said:
I don't know if my cluster has anything planned that night either; probably supper somewhere....are non-cheffer members of our clusters allowed?:p Do we want to meet at the Sheraton, or where? I know they have the Riverside Cafe there-indoor & outdoor seating, plus a whole area right beside it that's right along the river...
Sure, bring non cheffers... although I don't think my husband is going. They officially denied his vacation. I am just so mad at him! I am up for anywhere!

AJPratt said:
I don't think my husband is going. They officially denied his vacation. I am just so mad at him! I am up for anywhere!

Oh Anne! Men can do the dumbest things! I'm so sorry yours picked NOW to do it!!
:(

Thanks! There's a small part of me that thinks he may still be able to go, but I don't know why. I guess I'm just being too hopeful.

not sure what the plans for my cluster are, but would love to meet up

Just bumping this...

lacychef said:
this sounds like a great plan, I say let's do it! Do we want to make it the official meet time?

Our cluster is making plans for Conf. tomorrow night. I'll try to steer them clear of anything other than supper on Mon. night! Where is the Sheraton in the whole scheme of things? Centrally located? Near the other hotels? I think we're at the Palmer House.

Monday night at Sherton?

My cluster is meeting at 7:30. Where is the Sheraton in relationship to the Hilton? Kristi

The Sheraton is a couple miles up Michigan Ave. from the Hilton.

Monday night would be good even if we do it kinda late like 9pm, what time does general session end that night? Things are different this year aren't they?

Last edited:
Or maybe some of us could meet for dinner and others could join us later? I don't know, if fact I had better call my director and find out if she's made plans for our cluster? My director is far a way from me so we don't talk like we would if I seen her every month! I'm close to my hospitatlity director and thank God we are in the same wave together!

I just posted a new thread about the question I asked about above!

I got it now, void the last post!

I'm guessing you figured out when general session ends? ;)

yeah, I figured it out! How different things will be at conference this year! I'm used to general session lasting until like 10:30ish! I LOVE the fact that we will learn what the new products are on THE FIRST night~! Wahooooooo!!!! how exciting!!!!! Hope that means it won't take long to get our copy of the new catalog too!:)

So do we want to meet at one of the hotels or somewhere else in between? I can find us a place if that is so.

I would love to meet where Lacy suggested... sometime after dinner and we could grab a coffee or something like that. If I may make the suggestion, I'd rather not meet at a bar because I don't really drink and I would love to be able to actually talk and hear everyone. LOL

I'm with ya on that Anne....I don't drink at all, so a bar is not my scene! I'm open to anywhere except that! I'll email my director to see if she's planning on a cluster-supper somewhere....

I didn't want to offend anyone, so I'm glad you feel that way.

No offense taken here!
And trust me, you probably wouldn't want to see me after having a drink, I'd be so loopy! I'd rather be myself around my cheffer friends! I haven't drank in over 4 years, so it would only take a sip to knock me over! My dh quit 3 1/2 years ago, due to a drinking problem, so I haven't drank since being pregnant with our almost 4 year old. Can't say that I miss it at all!

I had a bit of a problem myself. Actually, I didn't have a problem drinking at all... hence, the problem!

We should start a poll and see where everyone would like to meet. But I think Monday eve would be the best.

I know I'm not in your wave, but I wanted to make a location suggestion. I don't know about near the Sheraton, but there's a Caribou Coffee about a block from the Chicago Hilton.

chefann said:
I know I'm not in your wave, but I wanted to make a location suggestion. I don't know about near the Sheraton, but there's a Caribou Coffee about a block from the Chicago Hilton.
Not a coffee franchise!!! JK!

I know- that's sacrelige (sp?) to you, but I remembered it was there, and it would be a recognizable storefront to many people.

North on Michigan a few blocks from the Hilton (and not too bad of a walk from the Palmer House) is a Corner Bakery. They're also a chain, but not a coffee-exclusive franchise. I don't know if they're open in the evening, however.

I think we were talking about somewhere near Sheraton.

Whatever is the most convenient for ME! LOL

Oh. 'Scuse me!

I totally get that. I've not stayed at the Sheraton, so I don't know what's up there. Other than Navy Pier.

chefann said:
Oh. 'Scuse me!

I totally get that. I've not stayed at the Sheraton, so I don't know what's up there. Other than Navy Pier.
You are too funny! I really don't know where everyone wants to meet, but I can hardly resist being a smarta$$. LOL

I really wish we were in the same wave, Anne. I know we've spoken on the phone, etc., but it's not the same as meeting someone and giving them a hug. :)

I'm glad you get my sense of humor!

It might be nice if we can meet somewhere halfway between the two hotels. My DH works downtown near the halfway mark, so I'll ask him. :)

Last edited:
Okay, there's not much. The "halfway mark" is really a business part of town, so not much open after 8 p.m. nor is there a bonafide coffee house in sight.

So we can go to one hotel or the other. Anne, what do the numbers look like for Hilton vs. Sheraton?

Out of the list I have, it looks like more are at Sheraton, but not everyone said where they were staying, and some put Hilton, but there are two hiltons now, right?

We have
Hilton
Palmer House (owned by Hilton, but I still call it The Palmer House)
Sheraton

So depending on what name they used, we could be skewed. :)

I'll have to look at a map for coffee places.

This is what I have... you can update your hotel info if I missed something. I deleted phone #s.

LacyChef The Sheraton
MissChef The Sheraton
DebbieJ Hilton
Amerrigan The Sheraton
ChefRitz Sheraton
Soccermama Palmer House Hilton
ChefJeanine Hilton
Straitfan Palmer House Hilton
KRISTI'SCOOKING Hilton
MandyK Sheraton
SummerG Sheraton
Pcchris Chicago Hilton
Flamingo Chicago Hilton
alfskitchen Sheraton Hotel & Towers
AJPratt Sheraton
Kitchen2U Sheraton
Cassie1037 Sheraton
kathytnt ?
Brandi2007 ?
PamperedVal ?
its_me_susan?

10 Sheraton 5 Hilton 2 PH Hilton 4 ?

Last edited:
The Palmer House is halfway btwn the Hilton and the Sheraton so maybe we should meet there. It is easily accessible via public trans or, of course, a taxi.

My DH says he's eaten lunch at the restaurant there a few times and it's pretty good.

Sound good? How about 9:30 p.m.--that way anyone who is going out for dinner with their clusters can join us later for a drink or coffee or whatever.

I'm good with this DebbieJ. I was hoping for what Lacy had mentioned before in the Sheraton, but I do understand the 1/2 way mark as being fair. I just called my director to see if there are plans for Monday night and I sure hope so, because I don't want to do nothing on that night! I'm sure there is though because my group likes to have fun!
So if this is good for everyone else, I'm in!:) ;)

I'm at the Sheraton...not sure if I'll be able to hook up with you...depends what my cluster has plans.

Ginny

I'm getting ready for bed. I'll check a map tomorrow and see what's around. I don't know about 9:30. I'd rather start a little earlier and then have people catch up if they want.

AJPratt said:
I don't know about 9:30. I'd rather start a little earlier and then have people catch up if they want.

I'd have to agree, that's about bed time around here.

Of course that sounds AWESOME to me since I'm one of the PH residents! Whatever you guys decide. We had our cluster mtg. tonight and our Director said about the only thing we would have planned is dinner, so after that would be free. Maybe 8-ish?

<H2>1. What time will the meet up be on Monday night?</H2><p>The exact time for the meet up has not been decided yet, but it will likely be after the general session. Keep an eye out for updates from your cluster leader or check in with others at the conference to coordinate a specific time.</p><H2>2. Where will the meet up be located?</H2><p>There is no designated location for the meet up, but it will most likely be in the same area as the general session. You can also check in with your cluster leader or fellow consultants to see if they have any specific plans for the meet up.</p><H2>3. Is the meet up open to everyone attending the conference?</H2><p>Yes, the meet up is open to all attendees of the conference. It's a great opportunity to network and connect with other consultants from different clusters.</p><H2>4. Will food and drinks be provided at the meet up?</H2><p>No, food and drinks will not be provided at the meet up. However, you can always grab a bite to eat before or after the meet up with your cluster or other consultants.</p><H2>5. Can I still attend the meet up if I have other dinner plans with my cluster?</H2><p>Yes, of course! The meet up is meant to be a casual and optional gathering for those who are available and interested. You are welcome to join in even if you already have dinner plans with your cluster.</p>

Related to Let's Meet Up: Monday Night After General Session

1. What time will the meet up be on Monday night?

The exact time for the meet up has not been decided yet, but it will likely be after the general session. Keep an eye out for updates from your cluster leader or check in with others at the conference to coordinate a specific time.

2. Where will the meet up be located?

There is no designated location for the meet up, but it will most likely be in the same area as the general session. You can also check in with your cluster leader or fellow consultants to see if they have any specific plans for the meet up.

3. Is the meet up open to everyone attending the conference?

Yes, the meet up is open to all attendees of the conference. It's a great opportunity to network and connect with other consultants from different clusters.

4. Will food and drinks be provided at the meet up?

No, food and drinks will not be provided at the meet up. However, you can always grab a bite to eat before or after the meet up with your cluster or other consultants.

5. Can I still attend the meet up if I have other dinner plans with my cluster?

Yes, of course! The meet up is meant to be a casual and optional gathering for those who are available and interested. You are welcome to join in even if you already have dinner plans with your cluster.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefNic
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
momoftwins
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda