• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lemon Pudding Cake in Stoneware?

In summary, the recipe for Lemon Pudding Cake in Stoneware calls for a lemon cake mix, instant lemon pudding mix, eggs, vegetable oil, water, sour cream, lemon juice, and powdered sugar for dusting. It is recommended to use a Pampered Chef Stoneware for best results, as other stoneware may not distribute heat evenly. The stoneware does not need to be greased, but can be lightly sprayed with cooking spray. The cake should bake for 40-45 minutes at 350°F and can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge. It can be served cold or reheated in the oven at 350°F for 10 minutes before serving.
AmaraJ
So, I am making this from scratch - you know, when you bake it it separates into a cake layer and a pudding layer...however, I want to do it in my DCB because it is the perfect size, but all the recipes call for it being baked in a separate pan of water - what do you think I should do - water or not?????

The water is probably to make sure that the cake bakes evenly and at a constant temp. Which the stoneware will do. It may however need the moisture in the oven. You could put a small oven safe pan in the oven with hot water in it just to be safe.

Hi there! I think you can definitely give it a try without the water in your DCB. Just make sure to keep an eye on it and adjust the baking time accordingly. You may also want to cover the dish with foil to prevent the top from browning too quickly. Good luck with your baking!

What is the recipe for Lemon Pudding Cake in Stoneware?

The recipe for Lemon Pudding Cake in Stoneware is as follows:

- 1 package lemon cake mix

- 1 package instant lemon pudding mix

- 4 eggs

- 1/2 cup vegetable oil

- 1/2 cup water

- 1 cup sour cream

- 1/2 cup lemon juice

- Powdered sugar for dusting

Can I use any type of stoneware for this recipe?

No, it is recommended to use a Pampered Chef Stoneware for best results. Other stoneware may not distribute heat evenly and result in a different outcome.

Do I have to grease the stoneware before baking?

No, the stoneware is designed to be non-stick and does not require greasing. However, you can lightly spray it with cooking spray for added assurance.

How long should I bake the Lemon Pudding Cake in Stoneware?

The cake should bake for approximately 40-45 minutes at 350°F. It is important to check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center, which should come out clean.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the cake ahead of time and store it in the fridge. It can be served cold or reheated in the oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • lovenpc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dkgriff
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies