• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lemon Blueberry Pudding Cake Help Needed

In summary, to prevent your Lemon Blueberry Pudding Cake from sticking to the pan, properly grease the pan before adding the batter. You can use frozen blueberries for this recipe, but make sure to thaw them first. To get a nice, even layer of lemon pudding on top of the cake, gently spoon and spread the pudding over the batter. You can use a different type of cake mix, but keep in mind that the texture and flavor may be different. Let the cake cool for 15-20 minutes before serving to allow the pudding layer to set. For best results, let the cake cool completely before serving.
Kristen
I'm planning to make the Lemon Blueberry Pudding Cake from It's Good for You at a show tonight. I just glanced at the directions/ingredients and am curious about the gelatin. I advised my host to buy gelatin (Jello), which is what the recipe states. What confuses me is that you are supposed to end up with pudding by combining the gelatin, water, lemon zest and lemon juice. Seems to me you'd end up with Jello by doing this, and not with pudding! Am I supposed to use a pudding mix instead of gelatin mix? I'm so confused..... :confused:

No worries! That recipe is definitely asking for gelatin, not a pudding mix. Pudding and Jello are both made with flavored gelatin, but they have different textures. When you combine the gelatin with water, lemon zest and lemon juice, it will thicken into a pudding-like consistency. Have fun making the cake!

Hi there! I've made this recipe before and I can assure you that it does turn out as a pudding, not Jello. The gelatin just helps it set and gives it a smoother texture. You can definitely use a pudding mix instead of gelatin if you prefer, but the recipe should work as written. Let me know how it turns out!

1. How do I make sure my Lemon Blueberry Pudding Cake doesn't stick to the pan?

In order to prevent your cake from sticking to the pan, it is important to properly grease the pan before adding the batter. You can use a non-stick cooking spray or butter and flour to ensure easy removal after baking.

2. Can I use frozen blueberries for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen blueberries for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them before adding them to the batter. This will prevent excess moisture and help the blueberries distribute evenly throughout the cake.

3. How do I get a nice, even layer of lemon pudding on top of the cake?

After pouring the cake batter into the pan, gently spoon the prepared lemon pudding over the top. Using the back of a spoon, carefully spread the pudding in an even layer. The pudding will sink into the cake as it bakes, creating a delicious lemony layer.

4. Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of cake mix for this recipe. However, keep in mind that the texture and flavor of the cake may be different from the original recipe. Yellow or vanilla cake mix would be the closest substitutes to the suggested lemon cake mix.

5. How long should I let the cake cool before serving?

It is recommended to let the cake cool for at least 15-20 minutes before serving. This will give the pudding layer time to set and prevent the cake from falling apart when slicing. For best results, let the cake cool completely before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cochef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • Pamperedva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies