• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Host Benefits: Tips for Closing a Direct Sales Show

In summary, the conversation discusses a successful first show hosted by the speaker's mother, with over $840 in orders and $165 in free products. The speaker also mentions calling customers to ensure they didn't want to add anything to the orders. One customer who took catalogs to share with coworkers had several orders come in after the show, less than 12 hours after it closed. The speaker expresses concern about not being able to add these orders to the mother's show, but it is suggested that if the sales are over $150, they can make it a separate show with the lady who collected the orders receiving the host benefit.
BethanyN
My mom hosted my very first show last Monday, and it went really well! There were over $840 in orders including some outside orders she got after the show, and she was very happy with her $165 in free products! Because it was my first show and I wanted to be sure that my mom got all of the free products she deserved, I called every ordering customer before I closed the show to make sure they didn't want to add anything or have orders to place for friends.

One woman had taken some catalogs to share with her coworkers, so I called her Saturday (I know, I waited a little longer than normal to close the show, but there were a few issues and outside orders to resolve) to see if she had any outside orders from coworkers. She said that she had only taken the catalogs to work on Thursday, so she didn't expect any orders for at least a week or two. Since I didn't want to wait that long to close my mom's show, I told the customer that if she had over $150 in outside orders, we'd make it into a catalog show, and if she had less than $150 in orders, I'd add it to my own launch show (which is this week).

So I finally closed my mom's show last night before I went to bed, and my mom called this morning and said that the customer who had taken the catalogs to work emailed my mom this morning and said she had several orders and wanted to know what to do with them! Argh! Less than 12 hours after I closed out the show! I know that I can still add the orders to another show, but I feel bad because I wanted my mom to get as many benefits as possible since she really went above and beyond in hosting my first show - I needed a lot of help since I'd never done one before.

Is there any way I can add them to my mom's show that has been submitted already? (I'm 99.9% sure that the answer is no, but I'm just checking.)

Unfortunately, no, you can't add them.
But, if the sales are at least $150, then you can make it a separate show and the lady who collected the orders can get the host benefit!!!

If not, should I just add them to my launch show that is this week and give my mom the host benefits from that order? (It's about $75 in orders, so she'd get about $15 in free products.) Or should I just tell the customer that I've already closed the show and she can either place the orders separately or wait until my next show for a catalog show?Thanks for any help you can give me! Unfortunately, once a show has been submitted, it cannot be changed or added to. However, you could still give your mom the host benefits from those orders by adding them to your launch show and designating her as the host for those specific orders. This way, she would still receive the benefits from those orders. Alternatively, you could offer the customer the option of placing the orders separately or waiting until your next show for a catalog show. It ultimately depends on what is most convenient for both you and the customer.

1. What happens if my order is late?

If your order is late, please contact our customer service team immediately. They will work to resolve the issue and make sure you receive your order as soon as possible.

2. How long does it typically take for an order to arrive?

Our standard delivery time is 5-7 business days. However, delivery times may vary depending on the shipping address and any unforeseen circumstances.

3. Can I cancel my order if it is going to be late?

If you need to cancel your order, please contact our customer service team as soon as possible. They will be able to assist you with cancelling the order and issuing a refund.

4. Is there a fee for late orders?

There is no fee for late orders. However, we apologize for any inconvenience it may cause and will work to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

5. What can I do to prevent my order from being late?

To avoid any potential delays, please double check that your shipping address is correct and make sure to place your order before our cut-off time. You can also opt for expedited shipping for an additional fee.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nicky
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kristianne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • California Girl