• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lake Effect Snow Warning...again

In summary, the conversation revolves around the extreme winter weather they are experiencing, including heavy snowfall and freezing temperatures. They discuss the effects of global warming and how it can be blamed for any problem or event. They also mention personal experiences with the snow, such as school closures and driving conditions. One person even jokes about using global warming as an excuse for their weight gain.
raebates said:
We're currently experiencing white-out conditions. Lovely.
It's global waming, you know. That's why the polar ice caps are getting thicker, too.

mombird4 said:
Ever notice it's "too bad" to get to work but never to bad to leave it? I hate LE. I have grip marks on my steering wheel and a nose impression on the windshield!:yuck:

SO glad that I was not drinking a beverage when I read this!!! Yes, I think I have stretch marks on my knuckles!! Actually the area we drove through was on CNN today...they had 43 inches of snow in 36 hours:eek:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It's global waming, you know. That's why the polar ice caps are getting thicker, too.
LOOK...this penguin was blown through Rae's town in the lake effect! This is a picture of Rae and the bird!
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/baychef_album/howcute-1.jpg

How do you know it's Rae? She's not in a paper gown.:D

In fact, she looks like she's wearing a tuxedo.

Is that her and her gyno? It may not be her...look, she has shoes on!!

Actually, the young woman in the photo is a bit taller than I. ;)

Our local radio station has a guest host on. She was a new singer from Tennessee. She was reading the local weather and when she said the high today would be a cold 24 degrees, they had to correct her and tell her that was actually a warm up compared to what it has been here. I heard we may even get over freezing tomorrow!

Our weather forecast for the next 3 days is SUNSHINE!!! And Sat and Sun are supposed to be 30 degrees - that seems practically balmy compared to the -5 we woke up to yesterday!

The sun is shining here, too, and we're up to a balmy 19.I've got a couple of trees I'd like to trim before the sap starts to run, but I don't even want to think about trying to start a chainsaw in these temps. Yeesch.

raebates said:
Actually, the young woman in the photo is a bit taller than I. ;)
Love it, Rae!! Yesterday we had blinding sun and today we have snow! I love it...I should move to Alaska, but it is just a bit too remote for me!

I really don't mind the cold and snow. It's all the dark time in Alaska I couldn't handle. Snowing again here. It's warm, though--35 degrees.

Yesterday we had the white out for about 2 hours in the evening... right at rush hour! And then schools were cancelled for today by about 8p last night. The roads didn't look too bad, but then I saw that we had at least one salt truck slide off the road after hitting a patch of ice. Then I was glad that I decided to stay home from work today... of course, now the kids are driving me nuts... being good, just a bit nutty!

Oh, those nutty kids. I'd suggest you threaten them with a visit from The Furry Guy, but I don't think that would scare them much.

No, that might excite them too much and then I'd never get them down from the ceiling!

He sometimes has that effect on me, too. :)

Must be the paper gowns that get it all started!

Rolling papers?
022.gif

<h2>1. Why do we get more snow on the lakeshore than 45 minutes east?</h2><p>The phenomenon of "lake effect snow" occurs when cold, dry air passes over the relatively warm waters of the Great Lakes. This causes the air to pick up moisture and create heavy snowfall as it moves inland. The closer the area is to the lake, the more snow it will receive.</p><h2>2. How can I check the radar to see if my area will be affected by lake effect snow?</h2><p>You can check the radar by using a weather app or website that shows radar images. Look for areas with a band of heavy snow extending from the lakeshore inland. This is a good indication that the area is experiencing lake effect snow.</p><h2>3. Will my kids have another snow day from school due to lake effect snow?</h2><p>Snow days are determined by the local school district, taking into account the safety of students and staff. While lake effect snow can certainly cause school closures, it ultimately depends on the severity and timing of the snowfall. You should stay updated with your local school district for any announcements.</p><h2>4. Is lake effect snow dangerous?</h2><p>Like any other snowstorm, lake effect snow can be dangerous if proper precautions are not taken. Heavy snowfall can reduce visibility and make driving difficult. It can also lead to power outages and school closures. It's important to stay informed and prepared for any potential hazards.</p><h2>5. Can anything be done to prevent lake effect snow?</h2><p>Lake effect snow is a natural weather phenomenon that cannot be prevented. However, efforts have been made to mitigate its effects, such as building snow fences to prevent snowdrifts on roads and using salt to melt snow and ice on roads. Ultimately, the best way to deal with lake effect snow is to stay informed and prepared for its impact.</p>

1. Why do we get more snow on the lakeshore than 45 minutes east?

The phenomenon of "lake effect snow" occurs when cold, dry air passes over the relatively warm waters of the Great Lakes. This causes the air to pick up moisture and create heavy snowfall as it moves inland. The closer the area is to the lake, the more snow it will receive.

2. How can I check the radar to see if my area will be affected by lake effect snow?

You can check the radar by using a weather app or website that shows radar images. Look for areas with a band of heavy snow extending from the lakeshore inland. This is a good indication that the area is experiencing lake effect snow.

3. Will my kids have another snow day from school due to lake effect snow?

Snow days are determined by the local school district, taking into account the safety of students and staff. While lake effect snow can certainly cause school closures, it ultimately depends on the severity and timing of the snowfall. You should stay updated with your local school district for any announcements.

4. Is lake effect snow dangerous?

Like any other snowstorm, lake effect snow can be dangerous if proper precautions are not taken. Heavy snowfall can reduce visibility and make driving difficult. It can also lead to power outages and school closures. It's important to stay informed and prepared for any potential hazards.

5. Can anything be done to prevent lake effect snow?

Lake effect snow is a natural weather phenomenon that cannot be prevented. However, efforts have been made to mitigate its effects, such as building snow fences to prevent snowdrifts on roads and using salt to melt snow and ice on roads. Ultimately, the best way to deal with lake effect snow is to stay informed and prepared for its impact.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heat123
  • pamperedalf
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
Replies