• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where's the Best Place to Find Children's Snow Clothes?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lands-End-Snow-Flurry-Boots-Sized-13-Pants-Women-Men_W0QQitemZ350154069612QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item350154069612&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
We're going back to Colorado next month and I need snow clothes for my son. Both for skiing and for general playing in the snow. He's got a relly good jacket with a zip in lining, I just need pants and boots and gloves.

Where's the best on-line store to get this stuff? Should I just cruise ebay?

Any of you have one that I can buy from you?

He's a size 6 and show size is @ 13. I'd rather not pay full price sice we will only need this stuff for about a week.

I buy Lands End Snow Flurry Boots for the kids. You can find them on E-bay used for around $10 or so (originally $25). Well worth the cost.Snowpants are only around $10 or so at Walmart.Gloves, I get them at Goodwill (new) for only a few bucks - about $4 for Thinsulate ones.If you really want, when I have a vehicle later in the week, I'd be glad to get gloves and snowpants for you - they usually go on sale soon here and ship them to you if that would save money. I should be able to fold, pack and ship snowpants and gloves for about $6.

Oh, if you buy Snow Flurry boots on E-bay, you can usually turn around a resell them used.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lands-End-winter-snow-flurry-black-Boots-size-13_W0QQitemZ350154069612QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item350154069612&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Should I get the boots in the same size as his shoes - or a little bigger? He's wearing a 13 shoe now.

Get a little bit bigger. You'll probably have him in wool socks or 2 pairs of socks. So give him some space for his tootsies!

good idea Sandra - guess I also need to get him some wool sox! We don't need this stuff in GA!!!!

Yes, I agree, if he wears 13, buy a 1.It's funny to think that what is in our stores ALL WINTER doesn't exist by you.Of course if I want a swimsuit this time of year, online is the only source!

janetupnorth said:
Yes, I agree, if he wears 13, buy a 1.

It's funny to think that what is in our stores ALL WINTER doesn't exist by you.

Of course if I want a swimsuit this time of year, online is the only source!

Would you like for me to pick one out and mail it to you :rolleyes::eek: LOL!

pamperedlinda said:
Would you like for me to pick one out and mail it to you :rolleyes::eek: LOL!

Well, it would probably have more material then one DH would pick - LOL!

No, I'm good, I'm a lifeguard so I have a few on hand! :)

Let us know if you need any more snow clothing help!

My friend just offered some boys snow clothes for free - size M (10-12). They are probably too big! Darn.

I got lots of my stuff from friends (borrowed) and resale shops. I went to children's resale shops and got snow boots for $4.

Thanks Jessica - that reminds me that there is a pretty good children's resale shop not too far away. I think I'll give them a call tomorrow.

I'll try and look through what I have - I get lots of hand me downs from SIL (who has 3 boys including twins) so there might be multiples of sizes. DD is wearing a 6 right now, but if there's an extra pair of snow pants, I don't need it. DS will be able to wear Abbie's hand-me-downs (they're gender neutral :) - meaning black!).

Thanks Annabel!

I'm going to try out the consignment shop tomorrow, keep me in mind when you have a chance to go through the clothes.

I do the Land's End too, but really love the snowpants b/c they are just pants (not whole body). Nice for when a 5 year old needs to potty! Good luck!

Jules711 said:
I do the Land's End too, but really love the snowpants b/c they are just pants (not whole body). Nice for when a 5 year old needs to potty! Good luck!

I was thinking about the overall ones - thought they might be a little warmer. DS is almost 7 so we've got the potty part down pretty good now ;)

my son has the snow pants and he seems to really like them. He is also 7. He wears them to school all the time. I may have some warm mittens that I can send you. I jst need to locate them.

I am in the same predicament. We are going to North Carolina the first week of March to go snow tubing with our DS who is 4 1/2. We actually found some really nice snow boots on clearance at Target -that he actually likes- and found myself some. I have been scouring ebay as well to get us some snow pants. Got him an awesome London Fog jacket for $7 including shipping. And just got me a jacket on clearance at Walmart.
And yes the bathing suits are out here!!

Kodeysmom said:
I am in the same predicament. We are going to North Carolina the first week of March to go snow tubing with our DS who is 4 1/2. We actually found some really nice snow boots on clearance at Target -that he actually likes- and found myself some. I have been scouring ebay as well to get us some snow pants. Got him an awesome London Fog jacket for $7 including shipping. And just got me a jacket on clearance at Walmart.
And yes the bathing suits are out here!!

Aww...too bad I didn't know that, I have an extra size 4/5 jacket downstairs - it's a thick Old Navy one if I remember right...

Jennie4PC said:
my son has the snow pants and he seems to really like them. He is also 7. He wears them to school all the time. I may have some warm mittens that I can send you. I jst need to locate them.

He's got 2 pair of gloves - just not waterproof ones.

I need to clarify something - are snow pants insulated? Some of the descriptions I'm reading sound like they are just waterproof pants that you wear over your jeans and others sound like they are filled with insulation. which ones do I want? I was thinking that I needed the insulated ones - like for skiing.

If you are going skiing or snowboarding (or anything to do with the snow) you should get the insulated ones for sure - Did you check with friends and neighbors if they have done ski vacations etc?

Also (not that I am a big fan of the snow!) but WHEN I go out in it, layer up! I know sometimes my kids will wear long johns or even pj's then pants, then snow suits - t shirts then turtlenecks then jacket - head gear is important as well - earmuffs then hats -

Good for you Linda! Have a great time!!!!

Hey Linda, how tall is your son?

I did find some extra pants and also overall ones, the thick insulated kind (when she plays out in the snow I have her wear them over jeans - I have no idea what people normally use for skiing). They all fit my tall DD who is just turned 5 and 48inches (at 5yrs she was 80% percenile for a 6 year old, so if your DS is a small 7yr old they might fit).

The pants are a 6/6X, and the overalls are not labelled with a size (that I can find!) and are a touch shorter in the leg (ended about an inch above the ground, is fine with boots), although the shoulder straps can be adjusted, so they are probably the same size really. The overalls are not in perfect condition, there is a small tear around the knee, but it could easily be stitched up. The pants look like they might be a touch more padded, but both have been worn by kids through Michigan winters!

Let me know what you think, and I'd be happy to mail a pair (or both if you don't mind sending back whichever one you don't use) to you.

Hope this helps!

I got all excited this morning, because I remembered I had just been given a barely worn pair of boots for my DS when he gets bigger. I checked them, and they are Lands End, they look brand new! But when I checked the size, they are a 3, so too big, which is a shame. Luke won't need them for a good few years!

Oh, and they are both black - no pink florals! :D.

Last edited:
6/6x would probably be perfect for him if he just got in size 6 clothes.Otherwise, he's probably pushing a size 7 in snowpants. I find they run a tad small.Unfortunately my kids are in sizes 5-8 right now and size 12-1 shoes/boots so I can't give up mine. Smaller and I could have scrounged something up because I haven't given it all away!Annie, we do black/navy blue/gray too.We pick neutral colors for snowpants and boots so they can be passed on. This year is pretty much a blue year. Light Blue and Navy Blue for Daughter, Medium Blue/Black for son. If they don't match 100%, oh well, it's function in this cold, not style. So far they haven't had an issue, not even with other kids saying anything.

Oh Annabel, you are so sweet! DS ig glued to the Wii right now, I'll measure him today and get back to you. I'm also going to do a little shopping while we are out and see what I find here.

Ya'll are the best! I used to go skiing alot, but it's been @ 12 years since the last time so I kind of remember what to wear, the styles have changed though, and all these reminders are great!. I do have ski clothes for myself that are pretty generic and probably style-neutral (black ski bibs and a black jacket - figured with all that padding I needed black for the slimming factor!).

pamperedlinda said:
Oh Annabel, you are so sweet! DS ig glued to the Wii right now, I'll measure him today and get back to you. I'm also going to do a little shopping while we are out and see what I find here.

Ya'll are the best! I used to go skiing alot, but it's been @ 12 years since the last time so I kind of remember what to wear, the styles have changed though, and all these reminders are great!. I do have ski clothes for myself that are pretty generic and probably style-neutral (black ski bibs and a black jacket - figured with all that padding I needed black for the slimming factor!).

Ah skiing...haven't been downhill in almost 20 years, but we cross-country ski up here. We got about 4-5" overnight...just took a break from snow to warm back up and it's still snowing!

If my hubby will come get us later, the kids and I might go cross-country skiing today!

I've never tried the cross country - but I bet it doesn't hurt nearly as much when you fall as it does going downhill....after one ski-trip I came home and had my ACL replaced (ouch!) after that I learned the 'proper' way to fall!

It's no problem, I'd rather have them used than sitting in a closet!

You might well find some good deals while you're out, and it's always nice to be able to try things on! For reference, Abbie is a size 6 in pants, and 6/6X or 6-7 in tops.

Hope you have a great day!

Oh, and I'd probably be right with you in black if I was going skiing:rolleyes::p:)

Related to Where's the Best Place to Find Children's Snow Clothes?

What types of snow clothes are available for children?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of snow clothes for children including jackets, snow pants, gloves, hats, and boots.

Can I find snow clothes for children at Pampered Chef?

Yes, we have a selection of snow clothes specifically designed for children. They are both functional and stylish, perfect for keeping your little ones warm and comfortable during winter activities.

Are the snow clothes at Pampered Chef high quality?

Yes, we only offer high-quality snow clothes from trusted brands at Pampered Chef. Our products are designed to withstand harsh winter conditions and keep your children warm and dry.

Do you offer a variety of sizes for children's snow clothes?

Yes, we offer a range of sizes for our children's snow clothes, ensuring that you can find the perfect fit for your child. We also have size charts available to help you make the right choice.

What should I consider when choosing snow clothes for my child?

When choosing snow clothes for your child, it is important to consider the fit, warmth, and durability of the clothing. It is also essential to look for features such as waterproof and breathable materials to keep your child comfortable in the snow.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies