• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Omg It's Finially Snowing in Northern Cali!!

In summary, it snowed a tiny bit yesterday morning, but today it is really snowing. There is about an inch of snow on the ground. The kids have another snow day.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
It snowed a tiny bit yesterday morning, & melted w/in an hour.

But today it is really snowing. We have about an inch, (& I know some of you who live in snow country are going, boy an inch wahoo),& my son is bouncing off the wall. I think we are going to try and go up the hill to KISRAE's house because they have double of what we have and play.:love:

They haven't cancelled school yet, so that means I still have to go to work.:cry: I just like looking out the window and watching the snow fall. I guess I need to stop delaying and get ready for work.

PS thanks JRSTEPHENS for believing the snow would come to our house!

Wow lucky you...here in NJ we usually get a lot by now, but we havent had more then a coating ---- looking forward to one big snow storm, and then I will be anticipating spring!

ENJOY it while it lasts.

Another Snow Day Here!!Well, I have enough snow for everyone, please come take it away! It is snowing right now, will keep on snowing for awhile and tomorrow evening we could get 6 more inches. We already had about 18-20 inches on the ground from our crazy storm in Sunday. The kids have another snow day, this is the 2nd day and I'm not sure what they'll do the rest of the week! Tomorrow looks like the best chance for school! Thursday, it could close down because of the large amounds expected on Wednesday night and Friday is an already scheduled day off for Semester break:rolleyes: ..... They are screaming for joy and I'm rolling my eyes! I have such a hard time trying to work my business when they are home!!! I've been needing to get to the store for 4 days now! Today, I'm going to have to brave it. We have to get my van fixed and registered very soon, because I don't know if my low to the ground Intrepid is going to like all this snow!!!! ughhh!.... :cry: as I said.... please come take my snow away!!!;) Could have another 6-8 inches in the next 2 storms after tomorrow night! There is always 2 sides to every story! Where some people are begging for the snow, others (like me) are begging for it to just stop!! We are running out of places to put the snow! There is so much snow that the plows are pushing it so high up that some important signs (like stop signs!) are being blocked! I just want it to stop already and I want it to go away and the kids to be able to go to school where they get to play with their friends and not fight all day!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Cathy I am trying to take it from you, I promise!!Update: still snowing, huge flakes & my DH messed w/ my camera so the pics are blurry. Men don't touch!

I understand about getting excited about an inch. Here in Longview, WA we don't get much either....We had maybe an inch yesterday and the kids were trying to build a snowman....just a dusting today so school is in.

How north are you? I know it was really cold here last night, but it doesn't snow here... usually.
It can calm down in Spokane any time now. I am flying up there is a couple of weeks, and I'm not a big fan of the white stuff. My son will be happy though.

Shana we are about 2 1/2 hours north of San Fran off the 101. It takes the same amount of time to get to sac off of hwy 20. We are actually right where 20 & the 101 meet. When I went to bed last night completely clear stars & all.

ShanaSmith said:
How north are you? I know it was really cold here last night, but it doesn't snow here... usually.
It can calm down in Spokane any time now. I am flying up there is a couple of weeks, and I'm not a big fan of the white stuff. My son will be happy though.
what are you coming to White Capital of the USA for?? LOL! I should meet you for lunch or something!!
And to the ones making snow men, we have a HUGE one out front. The snow is perfect snow for snow men and for snow ball fights! The kids were mad yesterday though because they didn't get to finish it and then some undiciplined brat(s) in the neighbor hood took the head off. Oh well, I told them to go make another one. Funny though that the brats couldn't get the rest of the snow man, my hubby helped them make it and the other 2 snow balls are HUGE AND HEAVY! I told my kids last night when they were getting upset and plotting their revenge, that to turn the other cheek and let it go! Forgive them and just to realize some kids don't have much dicipline! I asked them if Jesus would go around plotting revenge! They seemed to understand but were still sad. I just said to pray for the other kids! I also told them to let that be a lesson to them, that if they are ever out with their friends and their friends want to do something stupid, then not to join in, and try to be the voice of reason, I told them that if the friends won't stop, then to just walk away and have no part of it! I do feel bad for them (my kids) and at first I felt mad too, but, move on is what I told myself. I told my hubby next time to put the snow man closer to our door, so that the dog would bark if the brat kids came up and then they'd run away!

Last edited:
It is? I'm near Sacramento and we have nothing. It's supposed to rain today sometime. How exciting for you though!

MissChef said:
what are you coming to White Capital of the USA for?? LOL! I should meet you for lunch or something!!
And to the ones making snow men, we have a HUGE one out front. The snow is perfect snow for snow men and for snow ball fights! The kids were mad yesterday though because they didn't get to finish it and then some undiciplined brat(s) in the neighbor hood took the head off. Oh well, I told them to go make another one. Funny though that the brats couldn't get the rest of the snow man, my hubby helped them make it and the other 2 snow balls are HUGE AND HEAVY! I told my kids last night when they were getting upset and plotting their revenge, that to turn the other cheek and let it go! Forgive them and just to realize some kids don't have much dicipline! I asked them if Jesus would go around plotting revenge! They seemed to understand but were still sad. I just said to pray for the other kids! I also told them to let that be a lesson to them, that if they are ever out with their friends and their friends want to do something stupid, then not to join in, and try to be the voice of reason, I told them that if the friends won't stop, then to just walk away and have no part of it! I do feel bad for them (my kids) and at first I felt mad too, but, move on is what I told myself. I told my hubby next time to put the snow man closer to our door, so that the dog would bark if the brat kids came up and then they'd run away!

Cathy have your kids make it an ice man by putting water on it;) My seminary teacher in HS was talking about when he was in HS he was a football player and thinking he was a hot shot he went to go knock over a snowman not knowing it was iced well he was pretty sore for a few days.

Sorry you are in the valley silverceladon. I guess we are considered the hills, I am not on the coast, I am inland about an hour.I came home on my lunch it is starting to rain & melt the snow. The weather channel says it will start snowing again at midnight tonight. I sure hope so.Cathy I am sorry to hear about your kids snowman. That would be a bummer.

1. What are some tips for cooking with snow?

There are a few things to keep in mind when cooking with snow. First, it is important to use clean, fresh snow. Avoid snow that has been sitting on the ground for a long time or has been contaminated by animals. Also, be sure to collect snow from an area that is away from any pollutants, such as car exhaust or chemicals. Finally, remember that snow will melt quickly when exposed to heat, so it is best to use it for recipes that require quick cooking or chilling.

2. Can I use snow in my Pampered Chef Stoneware?

We do not recommend using snow in your Pampered Chef Stoneware. The high heat in the oven can cause the snow to melt and potentially damage the stoneware. It is best to use stoneware for recipes that require baking or roasting.

3. What are some recipes that use snow as an ingredient?

Snow can be used in a variety of recipes, from beverages to desserts. For a fun winter treat, try making snow ice cream by mixing clean, fresh snow with condensed milk, vanilla extract, and your favorite mix-ins. You can also use snow to make slushies, snow cones, and even snow cocktails!

4. Is it safe to eat snow?

In general, it is safe to eat snow as long as it is clean and fresh. However, it is important to remember that snow can easily pick up contaminants from the environment, so it is best to avoid eating snow from heavily populated or polluted areas. If you are unsure about the cleanliness of the snow, it is best to use it for non-edible snow activities instead.

5. Can I use snow as a substitute for ice in recipes?

Yes, you can use snow as a substitute for ice in recipes. Just keep in mind that snow will melt much faster than ice, so you may need to use more snow to achieve the desired effect. Also, be sure to use clean, fresh snow for recipes that require ice, as any impurities can affect the taste and texture of the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lmonninger
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
baychef
  • kcjodih