• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spokane Snowed In: 15 Years of Whiteout Winter Chaos

In summary, it is so bad in Spokane right now that people are stuck in their driveways and can't go anywhere. There is snow in the street and in the yard. People in other parts of the country are expecting another big storm soon.
MissChef
Gold Member
It is sooooo bad in Spokane right now!!!!:cry: :cry: There is no way I can get out of my driveway!!!:cry: :grumpy: We got another 10 inches last night and there is about 2-3 feet of snow in our street!!! The suv's and jeeps and everything are stuck. My hubby has a big 4x4 with brand new studded snow tires and it's pretty high up, king cab chevy, so he is making it around but it is taking him about 1 hour to get to work which normally takes less than 20 minutes, because he keeps helping people, pulling them out of being stuck! My son just grabbed the shovel and helped our neighbor (in her suv) dig her vehicle out and he's s now snow blowing both sides of the street's sidewalks! It's flipping crazy! There is easily 5 feet in our yard and they say the big storm is coming this weekend! And another one coming in Monday or Tuesday! If we don't soon get a snow plow through my neighborhood, I'm going to freak! Forget doing shows, forget school, forget the grocery store, (until my hubby is home, his truck is a company truck so, I can't drive it, so he has to play my taxi cab!) I am so happy I shopped when I did, I have enough to make it my house for about 2 week, meat, milk and that sort of thing! I have enough other food to make it 2 months! LOL!
This is the worst it's been in 15 years! The winter before the summer we came out here was this bad, they say!
But hey! At least I don't HAVE to go anywhere!!! I would hate to have to report to a job right now! I couldn't!!
People to the East, get ready, it's coming!!!:(

Last edited:
oh yeah! And it's STILL snowing! Who knows how much more this storm will bring before it's over!:yuck: :yuck: :grumpy: :cry: :rolleyes:

And.....this is something new, Cathy?:balloon:

You poor girl! You've been snowed in all month!

ChefBeckyD said:
And.....this is something new, Cathy?:balloon:

You poor girl! You've been snowed in all month!
yeah! I know, but I really could NOT GO ANYWHERE right now! Plus my hubby forbid me!!! He said, don't you even try! The kids are with you and you don't need to get stuck with the kids!:cry:
He's right and that's why I didn't argue! I just want a snow plow!!! If they would plow the street I'd be fine!! My car actually does good in the snow! Front wheel drive, with studded snow tires, I just can't drive in it when it's 2-3 feet deep in the street! Ughhhh! :cry: :mad: :yuck: :grumpy:

Gotta love it!!It is pretty bad here in Wyoming too! Has been for the past two months...aweful roads tons of accidents! As a matter of fact, on the way to fly out for Leadership (we drive to Salt Lake City...saves us about $400 each) there were 8 accidents in a 2 mile stretch that we got stuck behind. We were sitting on the highway, with no way to turn around, for 4 1/2 hours.:cry: We of course had to pee on the highway surrounded by semis!!!! :yuck:

But the worst part was we of course missed our flight, but we called and were scheduled for a 5:15 flight...and we were all excited when we got to SLC at 4:15, we thought we're gonna make it! NOT! We got there to check in and were told, we're sorry that flight has been canceled due to mechanical difficulties...WHAT :cry: :yuck: :mad: :grumpy: ?????

So we ended up flying from SLC at a7:30 pm to Los Angeles (Yes, that is the wrong direction) and flying from LA at 12:30 midnight to arrive in Cinci at 8:30 am...THE RED EYE!!! Never done it before, don't wanna do it again!!!:yuck:

Left my house at 8:00 am to pick everyone up, and 24 HOURS later we made it to Cinci!!!:eek:

We are expecting a big snow starting tonight and through tomorrow. I am already planning my snow day. A fellow consultant suggested that a snow day, or any day that is really yucky, will allow you to reach more people, seeing that most are staying in. I am already planning on being on the phone all day tomorrow to build my Feb/Mar, etc.

Have some deliveries to make today, then stopping at the grocery store for milk, Staples for copy paper, and home to get my leads together for my first "snow a-thon telethon."

PamperChefCarol said:
We are expecting a big snow starting tonight and through tomorrow. I am already planning my snow day. A fellow consultant suggested that a snow day, or any day that is really yucky, will allow you to reach more people, seeing that most are staying in. I am already planning on being on the phone all day tomorrow to build my Feb/Mar, etc.

Have some deliveries to make today, then stopping at the grocery store for milk, Staples for copy paper, and home to get my leads together for my first "snow a-thon telethon."

Yesterday, with the snow day, I booked a Feb Show and a March show.....and have a couple more tentative dates!:thumbup:

I AM IN THE EAST AND I CANNOT WAIT!!! Call me crazy, but I just want one big storm and then I will be anxiously awaiting Springtime!

We don't ever get squat her in Alabama where I live. We are expecting snow flurries tonight. Big woop. I want a to make a snow man and snow cream and snow balls :( waaa waaa waaa.

Oh my gosh, that's terrible in Spokane!! Hopefully you stocked up on food and stuff and don't have to go to the store. That would be my challenge. i seem to go to the store at least every other day for something or another.

It's supposed to hit big here tonight in Chicago. It's already snowing a little. I'm kinda hoping that maybe there's no school tomorrow. And it's warm enough to play in the snow. I'm glad I don't have any shows tonight or this weekend!

Whewww...

:sing: I am so happy for the cancellation tomorrow!:sing: Know you don't hear that one often. But the show is 100 miles away and the roads are pure ice. Wasn't looking forward to that drive!

I wish I was only this happy after every cancellation or reschedule! You know the roads are bad...because with double points I am still happy to not have the show!!:rolleyes:

Marlene I know what you mean about the cancellation. It hasnt snowed yet today but it looks pretty dark so I am waiting for it to start coming down. I ahvent seen this much snow for ever

Us either Jennie! This is the most snow since my daughter has been born and she is 5!! :D

I swear the last time I saw this much snow was when I was in HS and that was 12 yrs ago. But my memory may be failing me.

Cathy,
Wow thats a lot of snow!
Do you have Pampered chef personal site ? You can tell you clients that since its snowing that you have you biz online and can do catalogs shows.
I live out in CA and its been cold and rainy , we are expecting another storm this weekend!
I have had problems with my roof leaking up until a week ago between storms I made my finance go on the roof and put sealer on. The only reason the roof was leaking was because he did not get matenince done on it. He has lived here for 12 years and you think that if you get an added on room you would have the contractors put a peek on the roof instead of it being flat.
He does do things until the last minute,and he's 57!Lmonninger

Last edited:

1. What is "Spokane Snowed In: 15 Years of Whiteout Winter Chaos"?

"Spokane Snowed In: 15 Years of Whiteout Winter Chaos" is a collection of stories and experiences from people living in Spokane, Washington during the winter months. It showcases the extreme weather conditions and the chaos that ensues when the city is hit with heavy snowfall.

2. Who is the author of "Spokane Snowed In: 15 Years of Whiteout Winter Chaos"?

The author of "Spokane Snowed In: 15 Years of Whiteout Winter Chaos" is a local resident and self-proclaimed winter enthusiast who has experienced 15 years of snowy winters in Spokane. They have compiled stories from various community members to create this book.

3. Is "Spokane Snowed In: 15 Years of Whiteout Winter Chaos" only about snowstorms?

No, "Spokane Snowed In: 15 Years of Whiteout Winter Chaos" also includes stories about the aftermath of snowstorms, such as power outages, road closures, and the impact on daily life in Spokane. It also delves into the sense of community and resilience that arises during these challenging times.

4. Can I purchase "Spokane Snowed In: 15 Years of Whiteout Winter Chaos" in stores?

Yes, "Spokane Snowed In: 15 Years of Whiteout Winter Chaos" is available for purchase at select bookstores and gift shops in Spokane. It is also available for purchase online through various retailers.

5. Is "Spokane Snowed In: 15 Years of Whiteout Winter Chaos" suitable for all ages?

While the content of "Spokane Snowed In: 15 Years of Whiteout Winter Chaos" is appropriate for all ages, it is recommended for readers who can understand and appreciate the challenges and joys of living in a snowy climate. Younger readers may also enjoy the book with the help of an adult.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
forkatieb
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • pamperedalf
  • General Chat
Replies