• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kids "Making" a Gift for Parents

In summary, my friend is looking for ideas on a gift for her troop of 38 Girl Scouts that is within their budget and involve the girls personalizing it or "making" it. She is thinking about using a 2 cup and 1 cup prep bowl, serving different things in them, and stacking them. She likes the idea of Hot Chocolate as a gift. Another idea is to serve Coffee and more cups with the Petite Bamboo spoons dipped in chocolate wrapped altogether nicely. Hot Cocoa is my favorite!!
lovecookn
Gold Member
I need your awsome ideas and fast.A friend of mine is a Girl Scout leader with 38 girls in her troop. A few years ago we had the girls do the celebration cookie mix in the sm batter bowl as a Mother's Day gift.Now she would like to do something different for a Xmas gift for both parents and her budget is $20 per girl. She does not want more batter bowls.I was thinking fill the oven mitt like a stocking or maybe something that involved prep bowls or mugs. I mentioned mugs with cocoa and my friend wasn't thrilled. She said hot cocoa is kind of a kid thing.What would make a nice gift, be with in the budget, and involve the girls personalizing it or "making" it enough to keep them busy for the meeting???Can't wait to hear from you guys....

Ok, this is just a thought, but you could use a 2 cup and 1 cup prep bowl. Have different things, like types of candies, that the girls could chose and put into them. Then stack them and tie up with ribbon. Please bear in mind that this is just an idea, I have no idea how much this would cost, or if it would keep the girls busy long enough, but as a Girl Scout mom, I would love something like this.

i love sherri lynns idea! personally i`d get the red&green m&ms and sour patch kids or gummy worms or bears to fill em. thats what i`d like :)

What about the Holiday Candies- the Peppermint Bark or the Turtle Pretzel Candies? I like the prep bowls too. maybe you can work those in together. Bark in the big bowl, and Turtle candies in the little bowl. ?

Bath salts for mom in a small prep bowl, and brownie mix for dad in another prep bowl.
I love the holiday candy idea, maybe served on the holiday plates.
Or instead of prep bowls, use the snack size bamboo bowls.

Who says hot chocolate is a kid's thing?! That would be my favorite!

I did a thing for a preschool once where we used modeling clay that can be baked in the oven, formed it around the prep bowls, used the pastry wheel and creative cutters to decorate the outside of the bowls. After baking, the girls can paint the bowls any way they want for their gift. That might take too long, though....it would depend on the length of the meeting and the age of the girls.

I like the bath salt idea as well. I've taken some plain Epsom salt, colored it red and green with food coloring and then layered or swirled red and green and put a bath scrubbie on top tied with a ribbon.

The Peppermint Bark is a great idea! The girls could make it, break it, and wrap it during a meeting. They could gift them on either the Small Square Plates with cranberry accent (set of 2 for $20) or you could split it up even cheaper by gifting them on the Small Cranberry Appetizer plates (set of 4 for $20).

I do think that Hot Chocolate is a good gift. Coffee and more cups with the Petite Bamboo spoons dipped in chocolate wrapped altogether nicely. Hot Cocoa is my favorite!! My kids have made and given me the Epsom thing before, but I don't take baths (we're just too darn busy) so I never use them. Cocoa is much better! Especially if you can find a homemade dry mix recipe. They are so much more creamy than the packaged stuff!!

1. What are some easy gift ideas for kids to make for their parents?

Some easy gift ideas for kids to make for their parents include handprint or footprint art, homemade cards or ornaments, painted picture frames, and personalized photo albums or scrapbooks.

2. How can I help my child choose a gift that their parent will love?

Encourage your child to think about their parent's interests and hobbies when choosing a gift. They can also ask their parent's friends or family members for ideas or look for inspiration on websites or social media.

3. What materials do I need for kids to make a gift for their parents?

The materials needed will depend on the specific gift idea, but some common materials for kids to make gifts for their parents include paper, paints, markers, glitter, glue, scissors, and any other craft supplies you may have at home.

4. How can I make sure my child is safe while making a gift for their parent?

Always supervise your child when using potentially dangerous materials like scissors or hot glue guns. Also, make sure they are using age-appropriate materials and tools and teach them proper safety precautions.

5. Can I incorporate food into a gift that my child makes for their parent?

Yes, you can! Some ideas include baking cookies or making a special breakfast for their parent. Just make sure to follow any dietary restrictions or allergies that the parent may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
buddy5909
  • pclady213
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Lilamyw3
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies