• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kids Cooking Classes: Letter for Parents - Need Input?

In summary, the teacher is looking to start cooking classes for kids, but is worried about how to market them. They are asking for advice on how to approach parents and on what tools to offer. They also mention that they are increasing their prices, but say that most moms are looking for something fun to do with their children.
confusedturtle
Gold Member
I have made this letter to send out to parents in my kids classrooms, I was looking for input, does this sound good? I hope so, I really would like to focus on kids cooking classes, and catalog shows. I can't seem to interest people in cooking shows lately :(View attachment kids cooking class no name.doc
I hope this works, I am not good at uploading stuff LoL!

confusedturtle said:
I have made this letter to send out to parents in my kids classrooms, I was looking for input, does this sound good? I hope so, I really would like to focus on kids cooking classes, and catalog shows. I can't seem to interest people in cooking shows lately :(View attachment 12177
I hope this works, I am not good at uploading stuff LoL!

As a teacher, I'd think you'd need to clear that with your admin before sending it out. The letter looks good though -- hope it goes well!

:)I understand what you are trying to do and think that kids cooking class could be fun, however think the letter may come off a little pushy. You are saying that you would like to invite a child over to get better acquainted but in the same letter you are asking for money.

Just my opinion. Maybe if you start off by introducing yourself and then basically stating what you want to do. You want to start cooking classes for kids and it will cost XX amount of dollars and would the mother be interested in having her child participate.

Again, this is just my thoughts.

What tools are you offering?

Also, can you really get all the tools by September 27th if you don't know until September 25th?

On my KITK Workshops, I gave myself a 10-day lead deadline. That way I could order what I offered (small bar board/My Safe Cutter or Small Bar Pan/My Safe Cutter). This is the flyer I used attached. I made sure the Workshop was all about the kids. If I got PC questions, I answered them briefly and then said I would take product-related questions after we finished cooking. I made each parent a folder with a catalog, my "Kids in the Kitchen Package Deals" Specials, September Specials, Outlet Specials, Oct/Nov/Dec Host/Guest Specials, and a survey in it. I gave those at the very end as everyone was "packing up"! It was a big hit last week and all the ladies plan on coming back next month and two have already made their reservations for November. I also am doing a "Gifts Galore" Workshop in December that I will "give" them a Small Batter Bowl and the Mini Scraper and we'll do various cookies and fudge from the Let's Eat Cookbook. We'll also do one of the batter bowl recipes to take home in the bowl. I did increase my prices on this flyer but had done only $25 for the 1st, $30 for 2 Workshops, and $40 for 3. Two of the ladies said I should have charged more! Most moms are looking for something fun to do with their children. I also gave them a canvas bag with their name on it. The little boy who had done my Workshops in July got a canvas apron instead! See my photo albums for some pictures!

Attachments

• WORKSHOP FLYERS FOR CC.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 447
Thanks those are all great suggestions. I was going to ask in the principles office first and see if I need to clear it with them, the school board, or just the individual teachers. Im not really sure about it so I thought I'd ask before even trying to do this. I just wanted to have a good sample letter in hand to show them so they could advise me one way or another.
I will switch the letter up to, I knew that I should I run it by here first. You guys always have the best advice and ideas. Im new to doing the kids cooking classes and making flyers is definitely not my strong suit. Thank you very much.
As for having the tools on hand. I have been ordering alot of extra tools on the side so that I could give them away at shows as gifts or raffle them off as prizes at craft shows. I have about 4-5 different products that I have atleast 10 of, so I plan to base the recipe around those tools and let the kids take them home. Then with the money from the cooking class I could list it as a show and order tools to replace those for the next show. I don't know if that makes sense or not, LoL it is late my brain went to bed awhile ago :D

1. What is the "Kids in the Kitchen Letter?"

The "Kids in the Kitchen Letter" is a program created by Pampered Chef to encourage and empower children to get involved in the kitchen and learn important cooking skills.

2. How does the "Kids in the Kitchen Letter" work?

The program involves sending a letter to parents or guardians with fun and easy recipes for kids to make at home. Each recipe is designed to teach basic cooking skills and promote healthy eating habits.

3. What age range is the "Kids in the Kitchen Letter" suitable for?

The program is designed for children aged 5-12 years old. However, children of all ages can participate with adult supervision.

4. Are there any fees associated with the "Kids in the Kitchen Letter" program?

No, the program is completely free for anyone to participate in. We want to make it accessible to all families and promote the importance of cooking together.

5. Can I sign up to receive the "Kids in the Kitchen Letter" more than once?

Yes, you can sign up to receive the letter multiple times if you have more than one child or would like to try out different recipes. You can also share the letter with friends and family who may be interested in participating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• spirnat31
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • HealthNut
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
HealthNut
  • beepampered