• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Girl Scout Fundraiser...need Kid Friendly / No Cook Recipes

In summary, my friend is going to do a fundraiser for the Girl Scouts in November by hosting three different events at different times. She is looking for kid-friendly recipes that don't need cooked food. She is also looking for ideas for tools and cutters to use.
HealthNut
Hello! Ok, so I have booked a show for a friend of mine who's a Girl Scout Mom...In November I will be doing a fundraiser for the Girl Scouts - for them to get their cooking badge - and it's set up on a saturday, 3 different times.

One at like 9 a.m. for the "Daisys" and their parents - one at 12 p.m. for the Brownies and their parents - one at 3 p.m. for the Girl Scouts and their parents.

My first question - when I DO put this information into P3, would this be considered ONE show or three?

My main question here...what kind of kid-friendly no cooking recipes would you use?

I bought the press 'n seal which I will obviously use - as that's a fun way to involve the kids - but what are some other great recipe ideas and what tools would you use?

They may not have access to anything to cook food in/on as it may be in a school gymnasium without any kind of microwave or anything...so I need recipes that don't need cooked and are kid-friendly that the kids can have hands on experience with...

My friend (the GS mom) suggested using the melon baller for fruits and stuff...but that's the only other idea I have. I'd REALLY appreciate ideas - and what tools to use, as I may have to acquire them before this show...

thanks in advance!!!!

As far as P3 goes, it depends...does each troop need it's own donation check, and does each troop leader want a host special? Monetarily, they might make more as a whole rather than a part, but logistics might make that impossible.

As far as food goes, I love the recipes for cold type pizzas (that use a crescent roll as the crust). You could make the crust ahead of time and have the kids top it. (I'm making the Mexican Fiesta Salad Pizza tomorrow for my daughter's baby shower...like a GIANT tostada...yum! It's in the files section here). The dessert pizzas work the same way but use a cookie crust...

HTH!

I would ask the troop leaders. Maybe you can tie the food prep in with activities they need to do to earn a badge. When my girls were scouts, there were activities involving cooking at all age levels. I would definately focus on healthy foods like fruits/veggies.

Do you have the creative cutters? Maybe you can do little finger sandwiches with lean meats, cheeses or PB&J for the daisies and brownies along with the cut-n-seal. Then maybe do a salad. You could do the southwest chicken salad and have the chicken already prepared.

Then maybe the pinapple torte for dessert. When I did it, I skipped the step with cooking the mango sorbet with the mint, then straining the mint out. I thought mint with mango and pineapple sounded gross, so I just thawed out the sorbet to use as the sauce. After all, it is just poundcake with pineapples, blueberries and mango sorbet, but it does taste really good!!

One thought, I don't remember when World Thinking Day is, but ask them what country they have and you can gear your menu around that. For us, we had Germany one year, we did meatballs. The leader found a recipe for them. It turned out really GROSS!!! the meatballs were supposed to be simmered in broth. Well, they did not brown the meatballs first (even though I said, "Umm, aren't we supposed to brown those a little first in the oven or something?". Well, the leader put them in her crockpot over-night. You can guess what happened, we had some pretty expensive dog food the next day (because of the capers), and no food to offer at our world thinking day booth.

The next year, I chose the recipe, we had Japan and since we had lived in Okinawa, we did Okinawan donuts. The organizers neglected to inform us that the theme was healthy and fit, or we would have done chicken Yakitori instead.

How about the my safe cutters? You could cut up celery and baby carrots with those.

Using the prep bowls, measuring spoons you could make dip.

Use the apple cutter and pineapple cutter to make some cut up fruit.

We use the mini cutters to cut shapes out of bread and cheese. You could use them to cut cold cuts and cheese, and then have crackers for the Daisies and Brownies to make their own Lunchables.

I would pre-bake a sugar cookie on the large round stone. (from pillsbury) and make the spread (cream cheese, powdered sugar) and cutting peaches, banana, kiwi, pineapple etc.. and making a fruit pizza.

Most of the trifles are no-cook also (Strawberry Creme Trifle comes to mind) and use frozen-pound cake. How old are these kids? You can teach them how to make an impressive dessert, as opposed to something that's just "cutesy" and kid-friendly. An 8 year old could put together that trifle, but might need help cutting the cake.

they will be all different ages. daisies are usually grade 2 and younger. Brownies are grades 2 - maybe 6th or 7th?...and girl scouts are the next level through high school (i think)...

What are some kid-friendly recipes for a Girl Scout fundraiser?

Some kid-friendly recipes for a Girl Scout fundraiser include no-bake cookies, fruit kabobs, trail mix, mini pizzas, and vegetable pinwheels. These recipes are easy to make and do not require any cooking, making them perfect for children to help with.

Can you suggest some recipes that are easy for kids to make?

Yes, some easy recipes for kids to make include banana bread, fruit smoothies, macaroni and cheese cups, rice crispy treats, and mini quiches. These recipes have simple steps and use basic ingredients that kids can easily handle.

Do you have any healthy recipe options for a Girl Scout fundraiser?

Absolutely! Some healthy recipe options for a Girl Scout fundraiser include fruit salsa with cinnamon chips, veggie and hummus cups, turkey and cheese roll-ups, yogurt parfaits, and apple slices with peanut butter dip. These recipes are delicious and nutritious, making them a great choice for a fundraiser.

Are there any allergy-friendly recipes for a Girl Scout fundraiser?

Yes, there are many allergy-friendly recipes that can be used for a Girl Scout fundraiser. Some options include gluten-free chocolate chip cookies, dairy-free fruit smoothies, nut-free granola bars, and vegan fruit popsicles. It's important to consider allergies when planning a fundraiser to ensure all participants can enjoy the treats.

Can you provide recipes that are budget-friendly for a Girl Scout fundraiser?

Of course! Some budget-friendly recipes for a Girl Scout fundraiser include mini pigs in a blanket, oatmeal cookies, popcorn balls, rice crispy squares, and mini fruit tarts. These recipes use affordable ingredients and can easily be made in bulk to save on costs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
buddy5909
  • Shell Northway
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • janezapchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies