• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

"Kitchen Play Dates"/Cooking With Kids

In summary, Lauren Dean wrote a cookbook and craft idea book called "Kitchen Play Date" that was featured on the Today Show. It offers many neat recipes and craft ideas for kids to do in the kitchen, making it a great resource for parents and educators. Combining cooking and crafting could also make for a fun and creative show. The book may be worth checking out for those interested in finding new activities for kids in the kitchen.
missyciccolella
I'm sure many of you saw this on the Today Show this morning. Lauren Dean wrote a cookbook and craft idea book called "Kitchen Play Date"...looked like many neat recipes and craft ideas to do with kids in the kitchen...sounds like a ready made show to me! I wanted to pass it along as I'm sure many have done a "Kids in the Kitchen Show"! :cool:

missyciccolella said:
I'm sure many of you saw this on the Today Show this morning. Lauren Dean wrote a cookbook and craft idea book called "Kitchen Play Date"...looked like many neat recipes and craft ideas to do with kids in the kitchen...sounds like a ready made show to me! I wanted to pass it along as I'm sure many have done a "Kids in the Kitchen Show"! :cool:
I love going to different libraries and getting all the kids cookbooks I can find - I take them out for me to get ideas. Early closing days are great days to have these classes or youy can offer to do them at their houses.

I'm going tosee if I can do gourmet apples.... caramel then dip, into things and splatter with white chocolate, nuts. mmmm. Thinking it will be $20 a kid as always. Might try the butterfly pretzels and the wreathes too. Seem fun.

Thanks for sharing this with us! I didn't see the segment on the Today Show, but it sounds like a great resource for parents and educators looking for fun activities to do with kids in the kitchen. I love the idea of combining cooking and crafting, and I agree that it could make for a great show. I'll have to check out Lauren Dean's book and see if there are any recipes or ideas that I can try with my own kids. Thanks again for the recommendation!

1. What is a Kitchen Play Date?

A Kitchen Play Date is a fun and interactive cooking experience for kids. It involves children helping to prepare a meal or snack under adult supervision, using age-appropriate kitchen tools and ingredients.

2. What age range is appropriate for a Kitchen Play Date?

Kitchen Play Dates are ideal for children between the ages of 5-12. Younger children may also participate with extra supervision and assistance.

3. What types of recipes can be made during a Kitchen Play Date?

Kitchen Play Dates offer a variety of recipes that are simple and easy for kids to follow. These can include snacks, desserts, and even simple meals like homemade pizza or tacos.

4. Do I need to have special equipment for a Kitchen Play Date?

No, you do not need any special equipment. Most recipes can be made with basic kitchen tools such as mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, and wooden spoons. However, it is recommended to have kid-friendly kitchen tools, like safety knives and mini spatulas, for a more enjoyable experience.

5. Can children with allergies or dietary restrictions participate in a Kitchen Play Date?

Absolutely! Kitchen Play Dates can be adapted to accommodate any dietary restrictions or food allergies. Just make sure to have alternative ingredients on hand and supervise closely to avoid cross-contamination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Tara Volpenhein
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
Grandmarita