• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Keeping Shows and Not Rescheduling....

In summary, Kristi had a show last Friday night and was asked by the sister to drive over an hour to do her show. She found out that the sister is the mayor's wife and lives in a ritzy area. Kristi received an email from the sister saying that they need to reschedule the show for mid to late August in order to have maximum turnout. Kristi responds, hoping to keep the original date, but the sister is unsure. However, after Kristi's persistence and enthusiasm, the sister agrees to keep the original date and is excited about the show. Kristi's post serves as a reminder to always be proactive and control one's own calendar in order to have successful shows. The sister is now expecting a
PampMomof3
Gold Member
I had a show last friday night and the sister asked if I would drive over an hour to do her show. I said yes of course and it turns out she's the mayors wife. Well I hear she lives in a very ritzy area and I REALLY need to do this show according to her sister (my current host).

Well, I get this email from her today:
Hi Kristi- in speaking with several of my potential guests, the 13th will not be good- I would like to reschedule for after the summer break- say mid to late August- I want maximum turnout- as I am sure you do!
I will give you a date in the next couple of weeks..
Have a great week!

Of course I'm bummed and about to write back saying something along the lines with, I'm sorry you need to reschedule but can we mark it on the calendar now for August?

But I write back with:
Oh no!! Do you think that other people would come and the ones that can’t attend would still like to place an order?
I would love to keep your date and would do whatever possible to change your mind for it to stay! 
Do I sound like I’m begging?  There’s a promotion that we can earn all the new fall products for free depending on our sales so naturally I want them all!
Thank you Mary for reading this and possible reconsidering,
Kristi

I'm laughing while writing but she's a cool lady and knew she would laugh. :)

So I'm waited with baited breath and get this response:
Ok- I just sent out a mass inbox invite- you are very pursuasive-
I will keep you updated- we are on-
love the shrimp recipe
Talk to you soon!
M

Isn't that AWESOME! :)

Very cool! You are too good!

Wow, that's awesome Kristi!! I need you to talk to some of my hosts sometimes. :)

I was just talking about this exact same scenario with one of my gals.
Sometimes you need to say
"Awww, come on, it will be fun!"
Just like you would with a friend :)
Great job, I hope she has a smokin' show!

Great job!! At our meeting last night, one of my downline is experiencing this cancelling problem (me? I just don't have the shows on the calendar for them to cancel!!:() Now my ladies were a bit hard to control last night and were there for the party!!! So I just started quoting common "reasons" for not having a show at this time and it turned into a 12 months of excuses dialogue. They were cracking up, but I think it helped them see that we have to learn how to get past these just as you did!! Brilliant!

Thanks ladies! That's what I found is people are waiting for friends to get back from vaca or wherever else. I f we do that, well ever have a show and it only gets worse in the summer. I would NEVER have a show if I just accepted it. I'm controlling my calendar and not letting others do it for me. :)

Right? :)

In fact my show for this friday she booked from a show. Well she was asking around and others were saying, i might be on vacation that week. the host thought of waiting until the fall. I said no, please schedule, you have other friends! So she did and she has at least 10 right now and 3 outside orders from people who can't make it!! :D

Good for you Kristi!!!

YAY Kristi!!!!!! :D

Your post is a great reminder of how we should be working our businesses!

so I just get home from errands all day and get this:

Ok- already have 6 confirmed!! I think it will be an awesome turnout- we will finalize the menu this weekend- can we do a desert- something chocolate??
Make that 9 confirmed- work people!! Yeah!!!
Mary

Isn't that wonderful??!

That's fantastic Kristi!! I hope she ends up with 20 or more!

She wrote me and wanted to do a chocolate recipe as well. No problem! I'm going to do what I can to make her happy! So I send her options. She writes back with this!

Oh my goodness- it’s gotta be the chocolate raspberry trifle for sure! So let’s do the enchilada ring and the trifle…sound good?

My #’s are rising….should be a great party for you…..Tam will help me with prep work- I am assuming that it’s best to have

All the ingredients ready to go…..

Hope the rest of your week is good!:)

Isn't that great? How it was turned around? I REALLY hope this helps my paycheck and sell a thon numbers! THe show is next Saturday so I'll keep you updated!!

Thanks guys for letting me share!

I'm super excited for you Kristi!!!! Way to go! :party:

The show is now closed out and it closed out at $664.87. There were supposed to be 15 + guests but obviously that didn't happen. She did get one booking for July 25th though. :) I think I got a customer for life and it really was an excellent show with an AWESOME house. :) What's great is I was supposed to have 3 shows this week and they all r/s for July due to circumstances. (I didn't push the issue to r/s b/c my sister and mom are here from Georgia this whole week) but this show pushed me over the $3k mark. :) I wouldn't have made it if it wasn't for this show so I'm happy!

Excellent, Kristi! Congratulations!

Related to Keeping Shows and Not Rescheduling....

What are some tips for keeping shows and not rescheduling?

1. Plan ahead: Make sure to schedule your shows in advance and communicate with your host to avoid any last-minute rescheduling.2. Be organized: Keep track of your schedule and make sure all your materials and products are ready before the show.3. Offer incentives: Encourage your host to keep the show by offering incentives such as free products or discounts.4. Communicate effectively: Keep an open line of communication with your host and be transparent about any changes or updates.5. Be flexible: Sometimes unexpected situations may arise, so be prepared to find alternative solutions to keep the show on track.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jwpamp
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • pamperedbecky