• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join Married for Life with Winning at Home - Sign Up Now!

she's only been married for about 2 years. Congratulations!!!I just looked at her profile...she's only been married for about 2 years. Congratulations!!!
Kitchen Diva said:
Did I miss something again? Was it the post that said "No Thanks?" as far as signing up?

Sorry- but some days I'm just S L O W !!!!!:eek:

Yeah, that, it was just the tone of it...

No one is FORCING anyone to sign up - it is just being shared for those interested...

janetupnorth said:
Yeah, that, it was just the tone of it...

No one is FORCING anyone to sign up - it is just being shared for those interested...

Thanks, Janet! Once again you are here to help me with my S L O W brain! It must be the Mad Cow! :)

I agree, if you don't like the thread- just find another one. Maybe she was hurt badly in a past relationship...but still-the post was uneccessary.

Well, time to play boggle with my sister. I hope you have a wonderful night.

Say, I found a great food for Laney with no egg. It's the Wellness brand. So far so good! Thought you might want to know. Thanks for your help with that question, too! :)

(You rock!!):blushing:

Kitchen Diva said:
Thanks, Janet! Once again you are here to help me with my S L O W brain! It must be the Mad Cow! :)

I agree, if you don't like the thread- just find another one. Maybe she was hurt badly in a past relationship...but still-the post was uneccessary.

Well, time to play boggle with my sister. I hope you have a wonderful night.

Say, I found a great food for Laney with no egg. It's the Wellness brand. So far so good! Thought you might want to know. Thanks for your help with that question, too! :)

(You rock!!):blushing:

Yes, Wellness works good for many.

Have fun playing Boggle - I used to play it with my grandma.

This is such an AWESOME thread - I think we should keep it going and going and going like the Energizer bunny.

In the day to day business of life, I think it's easy to take our loved ones for granted. It is so important to be reminded every day of WHY we chose this person to be with forever...

Tonight, I was working on booking my NC flights with one of my consultants. I called DH at work to see if he could help find cheaper rates (he is a travel buff). Ultimately, he found slightly cheaper but it had us flying out of a less convenient airport at lousy times. He got annoyed with me for choosing the $9 higher flights for the peace of mind & convenience...I got annoyed with him for preferring the more stressful but $9 cheaper flights. I had to take a deep breath and realize that there is nothing wrong with his being more adventurous as a traveler - I actually ADMIRE that about him. And it's OK for me to be less adventurous...I love him and he loves me. I am thankful that he took the time to search rates for us. Heck, if not for his adventurousness (my own word) I would never have gone to my first NC in '05. I was too scared to travle ALL THE WAY to <gasp!> Chicago (!!!!!) But...DH booked the flights, came with me...took me sight-seeing before & after...and made it GREAT! He came with me in '06 as well...and finally in '07, he handed me off to my team and I was finally brave enough to go without him...he has helped me to grow SO much! What the heck have I done for him???? LOL

Aww, Carolyn, I bet you've done a lot for him. You are great on CS, I'm sure you're great at home.

JAE said:
Aww, Carolyn, I bet you've done a lot for him. You are great on Chef Success, I'm sure you're great at home.

Thanks JAE. I try my darndest to be the best I can to him and for him. But, like everyone else, I can be pretty awful sometimes. I have spent the last 2 weeks showering my poor DH with misdirected anger (my Dad hurt me pretty bad and rather than talking to HIM about it {he won't listen anyway}, I have taken out my frustration on poor DH) and I am now feeling awful about it and trying hard to make up for it...

My DH had a good story today...

He was working in the kitchen helping with dinner for the wedding we were at today. 2 teenager...high school age/early college were in the dish room and he found out there were dating. So he walked up to Mikey and said, "Mikey, tell me what you like about Becca, other than she is cute because that is a given for a teenage guy." Mikey said, "I don't have to tell you anything."

So he went up to Becca and said, "Becca, what do you like about Mike?" She named a few nice things.

So, he went back to Mike and Mike wouldn't answer again. He said, I don't have to...

Later, Steve asked all the other guys in the dishroom what they liked about Becca and they all named one or two nice things.

He then gave Mike another chance to answer...Mike wouldn't. At that time, Becca asked what he liked in me...Steve gave quite a few answers.

He then said to Becca in front of Mike. If I were you, I'd dump him and pick one of these other guys or find someone else. If he doesn't appreciate you now and can say that, he never will...

Personally, I thought that was pretty smart of him...he knows how teenagers think!!!!

...and when he told me the story, of course I said, "So, what did you say about me?"

He named:
1. smart
2. fun
3. balance his skills and interests well
4. make up for his weaknesses
5. loving mother and wife
...and a few more...

:love:

dannyzmom said:
Thanks JAE. I try my darndest to be the best I can to him and for him. But, like everyone else, I can be pretty awful sometimes. I have spent the last 2 weeks showering my poor DH with misdirected anger (my Dad hurt me pretty bad and rather than talking to HIM about it {he won't listen anyway}, I have taken out my frustration on poor DH) and I am now feeling awful about it and trying hard to make up for it...

Carolyn - the best way to "make it up to him" is not to keep trying to do things for him, but to go to him and explain that you were wrong taking your anger out on him when you were mad at your Dad. Your humbleness and admission to that will mean a LOT more than any act of good towards him. :)

I'm glad you recognized what you were doing to him. That takes a lot!

Oh, that poor teenager kid. He was probably feeling embarrassed in front of his friends. But your DH was right, anyway. Very sweet of him to say those nice things about you, too.

I, too agree that we should keep this thread going!

Yippie to marriage! :)

JAE said:
Oh, that poor teenager kid. He was probably feeling embarrassed in front of his friends. But your DH was right, anyway. Very sweet of him to say those nice things about you, too.

Oh, trust me, this is not a "poor teenage kid". He is the most outgoing and ****y kid you have ever met. He is son of fellow staff members and we've watched him grow up. We've subtly throughout the years tried to teach him to respect women without any success.

A few years ago I had a "chat" with him - with his mother's approval - after he spilled a girl's soda on purpose then sent HER to clean it up. I made her sit back down and HIM go clean it up and apologize.

I didn't even think of those past stories until you said "poor kid"...now that I do, I'm so glad DH is looking out for the girls and trying to give him some lessons on love and respect.

janetupnorth said:
Carolyn - the best way to "make it up to him" is not to keep trying to do things for him, but to go to him and explain that you were wrong taking your anger out on him when you were mad at your Dad. Your humbleness and admission to that will mean a LOT more than any act of good towards him. :)

I'm glad you recognized what you were doing to him. That takes a lot!

I have apologized. But, I am a firm believer that an apology is way more than just words but needs to be followed by actions. So, now he has heard the words...and I am working on the actions...

dannyzmom said:
I have apologized. But, I am a firm believer that an apology is way more than just words but needs to be followed by actions. So, now he has heard the words...and I am working on the actions...

Kudos to you Carolyn!!!! :thumbup:

janetupnorth said:
My DH had a good story today...

He was working in the kitchen helping with dinner for the wedding we were at today. 2 teenager...high school age/early college were in the dish room and he found out there were dating. So he walked up to Mikey and said, "Mikey, tell me what you like about Becca, other than she is cute because that is a given for a teenage guy." Mikey said, "I don't have to tell you anything."

So he went up to Becca and said, "Becca, what do you like about Mike?" She named a few nice things.

So, he went back to Mike and Mike wouldn't answer again. He said, I don't have to...

Later, Steve asked all the other guys in the dishroom what they liked about Becca and they all named one or two nice things.

He then gave Mike another chance to answer...Mike wouldn't. At that time, Becca asked what he liked in me...Steve gave quite a few answers.

He then said to Becca in front of Mike. If I were you, I'd dump him and pick one of these other guys or find someone else. If he doesn't appreciate you now and can say that, he never will...

Personally, I thought that was pretty smart of him...he knows how teenagers think!!!!

...and when he told me the story, of course I said, "So, what did you say about me?"

He named:
1. smart
2. fun
3. balance his skills and interests well
4. make up for his weaknesses
5. loving mother and wife
...and a few more...

:love:

Way to go Steve!

dannyzmom said:

Chocolate body paint is the best encore to an apology! :)

edited because I can't spell!

Last edited:
janetupnorth said:
Oh, trust me, this is not a "poor teenage kid". He is the most outgoing and ****y kid you have ever met. He is son of fellow staff members and we've watched him grow up. We've subtly throughout the years tried to teach him to respect women without any success.

A few years ago I had a "chat" with him - with his mother's approval - after he spilled a girl's soda on purpose then sent HER to clean it up. I made her sit back down and HIM go clean it up and apologize.

I didn't even think of those past stories until you said "poor kid"...now that I do, I'm so glad DH is looking out for the girls and trying to give him some lessons on love and respect.
Well, you didn't say that the first time! <teasing>, about the previous statement. Hopefully, the girl will run as far away as possible.

My DH just told me today that he likes me more today then he did when we were first married. He said, "yeah you were hotter 15 years ago, but I like you as a person better now"... (Awwwww)

He is such a mushy guy! I should call Hallmark and see if they are hiring love card writers! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
Chocolate body paint is the best oncore to an apology! :)

ROFLMAO!!!
My husband would LOVE you for saying that!!!! :love:

dannyzmom said:
ROFLMAO!!!
My husband would LOVE you for saying that!!!! :love:

Thankfully my chubby hubby isn't in the room, or he'd be breaking out the new jar we bought a while back. Hard to use chocolate body paint when your sister and niece are living with you. :)

But seriously, it does work and afterwards he won't remember that you were a pill to him for those few days! He'll be all googly eyed and happy!:love:

JAE said:
Well, you didn't say that the first time! <teasing>, about the previous statement. Hopefully, the girl will run as far away as possible.

That's 'cause I usually forgive and forget...but the memory came back.

I just hope the kid "gets it" before he marries someone.

Kitchen Diva said:
Chocolate body paint is the best oncore to an apology! :)

So is your typo a Freudian slip?

DH and I tried in vain to teach his son (my step son) how to teach women. Sadly he saw his step dad's example more than he saw his real dad's example and the kid is just not nice to women, or respectful. I pray daily that he will come around and change his ways on that.

Kitchen Diva said:
Thankfully my chubby hubby isn't in the room, or he'd be breaking out the new jar we bought a while back. Hard to use chocolate body paint when your sister and niece are living with you. :)

But seriously, it does work and afterwards he won't remember that you were a pill to him for those few days! He'll be all googly eyed and happy!:love:

Don't ask me why Monster's Inc. just came to mind...

Oh, Googly Bear...

ROFLOL!

Grr...I just noticed someone rated this thread as a "1 star"...going to cast my vote...There are some great stories here, and some great marriages!

He-he...that brought it up to a 3 star average. :)

janetupnorth said:
Don't ask me why Monster's Inc. just came to mind...

Oh, Googly Bear...

ROFLOL!

too funny!

I have the Boo doll! She talks- it freaks the dogs out.

I didn't know we could rate the threads!

JAE said:
I didn't know we could rate the threads!

Upper right corner while you are on the thread...while you are at it - vote! :)

janetupnorth said:
Upper right corner while you are on the thread...while you are at it - vote! :)
I've never even paid attention to the ratings. Now maybe I will, and I will have to vote more often.

I don't pay much attention either sometimes, but that one struck me...
I think it was someone's "silent" version of protest...oh well, I PERSONALLY AM VERY HAPPY with my marriage! :)

oh .... this thread so has to continue .... girls grab some munchies...

Lets get back to love stories - ok?? LOL

Kitchen Diva said:
Chocolate body paint is the best encore to an apology! :)

edited because I can't spell!
At my second conference the directors event was at the Field Museum of Chocolate and Pearls:love: :love: ..... this was my hubby's gift that I bought him, his suvineer (have no clue how to spell that word!) :blushing: :eek: :blushing: :love:

janetupnorth said:
Grr...I just noticed someone rated this thread as a "1 star"...going to cast my vote...

There are some great stories here, and some great marriages!
Any bets on who voted one star?

janetupnorth said:
Grr...I just noticed someone rated this thread as a "1 star"...going to cast my vote...

There are some great stories here, and some great marriages!
Any bets on who voted one star?

Congratulations to all for being committed wives and mothers. Even though I am not married, I would like to respond.
In my younger years, my father was an alcoholic. I don't remember too much of how our family was with him being an alcoholic, maybe my mother tried to cover it up. Anyways, I don't know all the details. I believe my father had so much to lose: wife and 4 children. My mother and father are still married (36years). My mother stands by my father through thick and thin.
I am with Big Guy for over a year and half but have known him for 4 or 5 years (not great with dates). I have never been previously married however he has (and has a child who lives with us). We made a commitment that we are in this for the long haul (just with no paper). We are a team and that is how we look at our troubles. We were faced with harsh times at an early stage in our relationship and we had jumped in with both feet.
We have to do the best we can not only for his son but for us. Personally, I want his son to grow up and know what stability,love & nurture is. Most importantly what the meaning of family truely means.
I have rambled enough. But again, Congratulations to All Those Who Are Married. You are an inspiration to all!!

Janet, your story reminds me of one about The Furry Guy. You have to realize that The Furry Guy is not one to discuss, um, private issues with other men. He just doesn't. (We have no trouble discussing anything, though. :))We were at the wedding of our pastor's youngest son to a young woman we've known since she was about 8 years old. We'd answered several questions from these two about marriage in general in the months leading up to the wedding day. As we were leaving the wedding reception, The Furry Guy took the groom aside and told him, "You remember the story about the tortoise and the hare? Tonight, you're the tortoise."When he told me about it later, he said he wanted to make sure they got things off to a good start. I asked him about the groom's response, and he said that he had paused a moment, then said, "Got it."

(just with no paper).

You're an idiot, Michelle's Kitchen. Get the papers.

Michelle's Kitchen said:
Congratulations to all for being committed wives and mothers. Even though I am not married, I would like to respond.
In my younger years, my father was an alcoholic. I don't remember too much of how our family was with him being an alcoholic, maybe my mother tried to cover it up. Anyways, I don't know all the details. I believe my father had so much to lose: wife and 4 children. My mother and father are still married (36years). My mother stands by my father through thick and thin.
I am with Big Guy for over a year and half but have known him for 4 or 5 years (not great with dates). I have never been previously married however he has (and has a child who lives with us). We made a commitment that we are in this for the long haul (just with no paper). We are a team and that is how we look at our troubles. We were faced with harsh times at an early stage in our relationship and we had jumped in with both feet.
We have to do the best we can not only for his son but for us. Personally, I want his son to grow up and know what stability,love & nurture is. Most importantly what the meaning of family truely means.
I have rambled enough. But again, Congratulations to All Those Who Are Married. You are an inspiration to all!!

Michelle, I feel compelled to apologize for the post above mine - please know that almost all of us on this thread would NEVER be mean like that.
Thanks for joining in the posting, and for your desire to give a child stability and love.

Ditto to ChefBeckyD. (And let's not go on a bashing spree here...on either side).

DH and I have been married for four years this summer, but have known each other for about 8 years. We are opposites in a lot of ways, but we've learned to leverage those differences to the benefit of our relationship. Our lives are so much richer because of it. And we laugh a lot together.

leggy

please know that almost all of us on this thread would NEVER be mean like that.

That's just stupid, to pretend I was being mean.

From a legal perspective...especially in the event of a sudden death...some kind of papers would be good to have. The state courts really won't care what you or your partner would have wanted, just what you have documented. Not having papers makes the settlement of an estate a nightmare...what you may think of as yours, may not be in the eyes of the law.

So whether said with 'tough love' ;) or a less personal way, you may want to find out what would happen in the event of a tragedy. [Of course, you may already have done this.]

leggy

She needs to get her act together and look after those kids.

Papers will be involved.

Lawyers too, unfortunately.

MichellesKitchen,
I think it's clear who the idiot is (and it's NOT you). I apologize for the repulsiveness of the post two down for yours. Paper or no paper, you are commmitted to your family. I think it's a HUGE statement about what a good person you are that you are raising someone else's child with such strong committment and concern for that child's future. I commend you.

My step-dad stayed on as "Mom's Boyfriend" for many many many years (Mom was SO damaged by her marriage to my father that she was terrified to marry my step-dad no matter how many times he asked her) raising my brother and me as though we were his own. Eventually, mom gave in & married him - LOL But I remember thinking all those years how lucky we were that even though there was no "law" saying he had to take care of us...he did it anyway. To me, that makes him a hero - I am sure your partner's son sees you that same way :)

Good morning Carolyn...see you're bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning. :)

Love the story of your stepdad.

Last edited:
Even when you disagree with someone, there are ways to discuss it without calling names. When you call someone an offensive name, it doesn't make anyone look bad except yourself - and then, whatever you say after that is not respected or listened to. If you want people to listen to you - you need to treat them with respect.
Now - here is another story of mine - and Carolyn, this one if for you!DH asked me out for our first date. We went out to dinner, and then he took me to his house to meet his dog.....I had to have dog approval before the relationship could go any further. Then, he called me for a 2nd date, but I couldn't go because I had a ticket to the Barry Manilow concert - and was going with some girlfriends. I was telling my friends he had called again, and unbeknownst to me, 2 of them decided to give up their tickets so that my one friend and her DH could go as a double date with me and my DH (then just a date!) He couldn't even name one Barry Manilow song...but he went, sat next to me as I sang along with every single song at the top of my lungs.....and asked me out a third time - and the rest is history!:love: :love: :love:

What a wonderful story.

So, does he like barry manilow now?

legacypc46 said:
What a wonderful story.

So, does he like barry manilow now?

Ummmm, lets just say that he can identify a Barry song when it comes on the radio now.:D ;) :rolleyes:

I signed up for this already...on my WEDDING DAY!!

<h2>1. What is Married for Life with Winning at Home and how can I sign up?</h2><p>Married for Life with Winning at Home is an organization dedicated to promoting healthy and lasting marriages. You can sign up by visiting their website at http://www.winningathome.com/m4l/index.php and filling out the registration form. It's completely free to join.</p><h2>2. How does being a part of Married for Life benefit my marriage?</h2><p>By joining Married for Life, you will have access to resources and support that can help strengthen your marriage. You will also be a part of a community of like-minded individuals who are committed to staying married for life.</p><h2>3. Is there a cost to sign up and be a part of Married for Life?</h2><p>No, there is no cost to join Married for Life. It is completely free for anyone who wants to show their commitment to staying married for life.</p><h2>4. Will I receive any emails or newsletters by signing up for Married for Life?</h2><p>Yes, if you choose to receive them, you will receive a weekly email from Married for Life with tips, advice, and resources to help strengthen your marriage.</p><h2>5. Can I still join Married for Life if I am not married yet?</h2><p>Yes, Married for Life welcomes anyone who is committed to staying married for life, whether they are currently married or not. You can still sign up and benefit from the resources and support offered by the organization.</p>

1. What is Married for Life with Winning at Home and how can I sign up?

Married for Life with Winning at Home is an organization dedicated to promoting healthy and lasting marriages. You can sign up by visiting their website at http://www.winningathome.com/m4l/index.php and filling out the registration form. It's completely free to join.

2. How does being a part of Married for Life benefit my marriage?

By joining Married for Life, you will have access to resources and support that can help strengthen your marriage. You will also be a part of a community of like-minded individuals who are committed to staying married for life.

3. Is there a cost to sign up and be a part of Married for Life?

No, there is no cost to join Married for Life. It is completely free for anyone who wants to show their commitment to staying married for life.

4. Will I receive any emails or newsletters by signing up for Married for Life?

Yes, if you choose to receive them, you will receive a weekly email from Married for Life with tips, advice, and resources to help strengthen your marriage.

5. Can I still join Married for Life if I am not married yet?

Yes, Married for Life welcomes anyone who is committed to staying married for life, whether they are currently married or not. You can still sign up and benefit from the resources and support offered by the organization.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• andrealynne719
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
raebates