• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

It's Going to Be Winter Forever!!

where's the snow? I think we're into mud season here. It was snowing last week and less than 2 weeks ago, we were having a pretty bad ice storm.
pampchefrhondab
I am so sick of this weather!:yuck: We have another winter storm warning tonight and tomorrow! This time ice then 3-5 inches of snow! This after rain all day today!

It was so nice this past weekend I was so hoping we were done with the snow until November/December!

I hear ya! The weather outlook for here is 6-9 inches tomorrow night into Wed. morning.....I don't think I've ever been so hungry for Spring!

Literally sick of the snow too. I've been sick since last Sunday and it just won't clear up. We've got more than 3ft of snow and it's just soooo cold. WHERE IS SPRING??? or At least mud season?????

Tricia

We had a taste of it today.. 65 degrees... yet we had an inch of snow last Friday night... Winter here has been on and off and very confusing all winter... huge temperature swings that are just so counter to the winters we had when I was a kid...

Crazy weather in California too! 85 to 90 degrees one day, cold and windy the next! I feel for you all though, I couldn't handle that much cold.

Oh wait, you got what we had last night! It was beautiful almost 70 degress on Sunday, Sunday afternoon was rainy, then by Sunday evening the tempurature dropped below 30 and we had 4" of snow! This is the 10th worst winter since 1910 in our state.

SnowVote.jpg

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Raising both hands as high as I can....if I had more hands, I'd raise those too!:D

ME TOO!! Winter storm advisory here as well, but we are slightly below the 6" line (at least according to the weather man); ours is 1-3" but we always seem to get the ICE instead of the snow. No power for a week in FEB!!! We just got all of the broken tree limbs and downed trees cleared this weekend since it was so nice outside.

tvwalsh72 said:
Literally sick of the snow too. I've been sick since last Sunday and it just won't clear up. We've got more than 3ft of snow and it's just soooo cold. WHERE IS SPRING??? or At least mud season?????

Tricia

I think we're into mud season here. It was snowing last week and less than 2 weeks ago, we were having a pretty bad ice storm.

Then today it was 73 deg when I left work at 2:30p, but it started raining about then and the temp dropped to 43 deg when I was coming back from my cluster meeting at 10p. It is still raining and since the ground started thawing out, I'm sure tomorrow everything is going to be covered in mud. Personally, I'd rather have the snow and ice back.

Stupid weather.

here in NJ we've only gotten about 5 inches all year. That is well below average. I think that means we have a hot summer coming. I don't know which could be worse....I mean I am a fall girl, I like warm, mild...not extreme hot.

Oh well. Could always be worse elsewhere I guess.

wadesgirl said:
Oh wait, you got what we had last night! It was beautiful almost 70 degress on Sunday, Sunday afternoon was rainy, then by Sunday evening the tempurature dropped below 30 and we had 4" of snow! This is the 10th worst winter since 1910 in our state.

Yeah we had that in... I forget what month this winter... but it was like a 50 degree difference from one day to another... NOT fun.

Today's supposed to be 70 degrees but it's gross outside... dreary and gray...

lkprescott said:
Yeah we had that in... I forget what month this winter... but it was like a 50 degree difference from one day to another... NOT fun.

Today's supposed to be 70 degrees but it's gross outside... dreary and gray...

At least you guys get the 70 degs. It's dreary and gray here, but only about 35 degs. At least we are done with the snow and ice... or so it seems.

vwpamperedchef said:
here in NJ we've only gotten about 5 inches all year. That is well below average. I think that means we have a hot summer coming. I don't know which could be worse....I mean I am a fall girl, I like warm, mild...not extreme hot.

Oh well. Could always be worse elsewhere I guess.

We're well below normal too here in PA... which always scares me. Lots of snow in the winter means a good melt off in the spring and less chance of drought in the summer. The past few years we've had been in a drought status by spring ... there was a while back that we spent the winter in a drought too... very unusual...

DH grouses cuz he's a New Englander born and raised and he's always like "PA has such mild winters"... I have to show him my mom's photo albums that show TONS of snow... in fact I remember going to school when it's snowing (now they call it off if there's so much as one snowflake) and the bus having all sorts of trouble on the hills.. LOL... but we made it! LOL... and we'd have at least one "car burial" of snow... where you'd go out and couldn't find the cars for the snow. LOL... and we'd hand shovel the entire drive... LOL.. now my dad has a snowblower he's used... like.... twice in the past 5 years he's had it. LOL

katie0128 said:
At least you guys get the 70 degs. It's dreary and gray here, but only about 35 degs. At least we are done with the snow and ice... or so it seems.

I would take dreary and gray and 70 degrees! We are dreary and gray, and 23 degrees here. At least, the snow we were supposed to get looks right now like it is going to stay a bit south of us - but that is just this one - there is more coming later in the week. It is not uncommon to have major snow storms here in the middle of April, but I would just like a day or so of warm breezes, to remind me that Spring does eventually arrive!

I am so tired of winter as well and it didn't help that it was 65+ and sunny in Cleveland yesterday either!!! Got my hopes up and today I woke up to freezing rain and 32. It stinks!! :cry:

ChefBeckyD said:
I would take dreary and gray and 70 degrees! We are dreary and gray, and 23 degrees here. At least, the snow we were supposed to get looks right now like it is going to stay a bit south of us - but that is just this one - there is more coming later in the week. It is not uncommon to have major snow storms here in the middle of April, but I would just like a day or so of warm breezes, to remind me that Spring does eventually arrive!

That's what the end of winter USED to be like around here... cold, dreary but no snow... very irritating... if it's cold enough for snow, it's almost like being punished twice.. at least snow makes up for the cold. LOL... at least in my universe. I miss the snow!! We had ONE real snow this year... got about 6" total... that's child's play to the stuff we USED to get...

When I was pregnant with DS we had 3' in one snowstorm... now THAT was a snow! LOL... my ex was a pita and I ended up having to do shoveling... while prego... ah the memories... that went right up there with chopping wood prego too... LOL...

1. What products do you recommend for winter cooking?

We recommend our Stoneware Collection, as it retains heat and cooks food evenly. Our Dutch Oven and Multi-Pot are also great for making hearty winter soups and stews. And don't forget about our Mix 'N Scraper and Garlic Press for effortless meal prep.

2. How can I keep my kitchen warm during winter cooking?

Our Silicone Oven Mitts and Pot Holders provide excellent insulation to keep your hands and kitchen surfaces safe from heat. We also have a range of insulated food carriers to keep your dishes warm until serving.

3. What recipes do you have specifically for winter meals?

We have a variety of winter recipes on our website, including comfort foods like casseroles, slow cooker meals, and one-pot dishes. We also have a selection of hot drinks and desserts that are perfect for cold winter nights.

4. Are there any special deals or promotions for winter products?

Yes, we often have seasonal promotions and sales on our winter products. Be sure to check our website and social media channels for updates and special offers.

5. Can I host a virtual winter cooking party with your products?

Absolutely! Our virtual cooking parties are a great way to stay connected with friends and family during the winter months. Contact your Pampered Chef consultant to schedule a party and learn how you can earn free products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• buckeyefan08
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gratergirl
Replies
Views
janel kelly
Replies
Views
wadesgirl