• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Repent! Repent! the White Death Is Coming!

In summary, the conversation started with a mention of a Winter storm watch in effect for South Central and Southeast Wisconsin, with potential for heavy snowfall and strong winds. It was noted that this was a common occurrence in other Midwestern states. The conversation then shifted to the speaker's skepticism towards weather forecasts and the tendency for school systems to cancel school unnecessarily. The conversation ended with a humorous exchange about condiments and a mention of hail in Iowa.
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I've got a thing called The Weather Channel Desktop. I'm not sure how I got it, but it opens automagically when I boot up. It's localized, so I have my local temperature and radar. You might google The Weather Channel and see if you can load it.

I have the same on my puter. It's a good thing to have, comes in handy in the mornings when your getting ready for the day. It also lets you know when a storm is coming your way.

It took me the longest time to figure out what that clap of thunder was. I thought it was a pop-up ad on a browser but it's TWC desktop telling me of a notification of a weather warning or watch.

I've got that too on my computer. I downloaded it during baseball season to keep track on Red Sox stuff. The thunder does drive you crzay sometimes!

I guess they have different themes for the desktop weather.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You need some of that official Hodag tire grip.
aka kitty litter? or is this the special stuff sold during the festival? lol:D

In Rhinelander, you get it at the chain store. This is a hodag:http://www.rhinelanderchamber.com/hodag3.gif

next time aroundjust anounced massive storm headed for Duluth for the next 3 days storm warning from wed night to fri night. up to 24 inches of snow possible. I know think spring :eek:

Ahhhh such is life in the north country!

and no KG i don't feel Superior, i wish it could be more like Miami lol

Well, then, just cross the bridge and you can feel Superior.Of course, it's a lot lower and a whole lot flatter.

<h2>1. What is a Winter Storm Watch and when is it issued?</h2><p>A Winter Storm Watch is issued when heavy snow, sleet, or freezing rain is expected to cause major impacts to commerce and society. It is issued when there is a potential for 8 to 12 inches of snow accumulation in South Central and Southeast Wisconsin from Saturday evening through Sunday afternoon.</p><h2>2. What other states will be affected by this Winter Storm Watch?</h2><p>The Winter Storm Watch is in effect for most of the midwestern states, including the Dakotas, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio.</p><h2>3. Should I be worried about the White Death coming?</h2><p>While it is important to take precautionary measures and be prepared for severe weather, it is also important to not panic. The severity of the storm may vary and it is important to monitor the latest forecasts for updates and possible warnings.</p><h2>4. Will this storm have any impacts on travel?</h2><p>It is possible that the storm may cause significant blowing and drifting snow, resulting in blizzard conditions. It is advised to start thinking about making alternate arrangements if you have travel plans on Saturday night and Sunday.</p><h2>5. Are school cancellations likely due to this Winter Storm Watch?</h2><p>In the past, school cancellations have been made based on these types of predictions. However, it is important to note that the severity of the storm may vary and it is ultimately up to the discretion of the school system. It is advised to stay updated on any school closures or delays.</p>

1. What is a Winter Storm Watch and when is it issued?

A Winter Storm Watch is issued when heavy snow, sleet, or freezing rain is expected to cause major impacts to commerce and society. It is issued when there is a potential for 8 to 12 inches of snow accumulation in South Central and Southeast Wisconsin from Saturday evening through Sunday afternoon.

2. What other states will be affected by this Winter Storm Watch?

The Winter Storm Watch is in effect for most of the midwestern states, including the Dakotas, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio.

3. Should I be worried about the White Death coming?

While it is important to take precautionary measures and be prepared for severe weather, it is also important to not panic. The severity of the storm may vary and it is important to monitor the latest forecasts for updates and possible warnings.

4. Will this storm have any impacts on travel?

It is possible that the storm may cause significant blowing and drifting snow, resulting in blizzard conditions. It is advised to start thinking about making alternate arrangements if you have travel plans on Saturday night and Sunday.

5. Are school cancellations likely due to this Winter Storm Watch?

In the past, school cancellations have been made based on these types of predictions. However, it is important to note that the severity of the storm may vary and it is ultimately up to the discretion of the school system. It is advised to stay updated on any school closures or delays.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
katie0128
Back