• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Winter Storms: Experiences from the East Coast

In summary,The author has driven home from Ravenna to Akron, Ohio, which usually takes 30 minutes, but took twice that long due to the snow. There is a foot or more of snow on the author's porch, and a car is stuck on the street in front of the author's house.
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
That pic of Evan is just adorable - that's a potential photo contest prize winner!
Awww, shucks! :blushing: Thanks! We think he's a keeper!!

PamperedDor said:
Always the comic!!!:p
It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.

nut.gif

Not sure if this link will produce a video, but this was our Saturday evening.
http://www.abay.com/abaynews/news_item.asp?NewsID=695

Even though you may get some "colorful" pictures at the top on this website, please bear in mind that we are not all drunken idiots (well at least not every day of the year!!) Seriously, this is a fun town, but some of the web designers have dumbed it down!!

I had a party Friday night and we had about 6 inches dumped on us. On Saturday we received 4 inches, then ice pellets, freezing rain, thunder, lightening, sleet and then back to another 6 inches of snow over night! And I did travel to a party that was 45 miles away from my house on Saturday morning. The ride home was interesting, but got to be real fun the last 10 miles!! And I still love the snow and winter!!!:eek:

And Linda...I loved your pictures...and I just want to pinch those rosey red cheeks on your baby!!

Got about 14 inches this weekend. The kids were hoping for a snow day but it's not snowing anymore. Our subdivision has only had one pass by the snow trucks. So it's a single lane subdivision! No mail on Saturday...they couldn't get the mail trucks through all of the snow! I just wonder if we'll get it today. You can't get to the mail boxes either! I tried to shovel by ours (had a 4 foot drift and it was so hard....couldn't get through any of it!). Well, it's supposed to warm up this week....just hope it doesn't flood!

<h2>1. How much snow has the East Coast received so far?</h2><p>As of yesterday at 11 am, the East Coast has received approximately 1-1 1/2 feet of snow. </p><h2>2. How much more snow is the East Coast expecting?</h2><p>The East Coast is expected to receive another 6-10 inches of snow today, on top of the snow from the previous storm.</p><h2>3. What other weather conditions have been affecting the East Coast?</h2><p>In addition to the snow, the East Coast has also experienced an ice storm on Wednesday. </p><h2>4. What is "Thunder Snow"?</h2><p>"Thunder Snow" is a rare phenomenon where thunder and lightning occur during a snowstorm. It is caused by the same conditions that produce regular thunderstorms, but with snow instead of rain. </p><h2>5. How has the snow and ice affected everyday life on the East Coast?</h2><p>The heavy snow and ice have made it difficult for people to travel and caused power outages in some areas. Many schools and businesses have also been closed due to the weather. </p>

Related to Winter Storms: Experiences from the East Coast

1. How much snow has the East Coast received so far?

As of yesterday at 11 am, the East Coast has received approximately 1-1 1/2 feet of snow.

2. How much more snow is the East Coast expecting?

The East Coast is expected to receive another 6-10 inches of snow today, on top of the snow from the previous storm.

3. What other weather conditions have been affecting the East Coast?

In addition to the snow, the East Coast has also experienced an ice storm on Wednesday.

4. What is "Thunder Snow"?

"Thunder Snow" is a rare phenomenon where thunder and lightning occur during a snowstorm. It is caused by the same conditions that produce regular thunderstorms, but with snow instead of rain.

5. How has the snow and ice affected everyday life on the East Coast?

The heavy snow and ice have made it difficult for people to travel and caused power outages in some areas. Many schools and businesses have also been closed due to the weather.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lmonninger
Replies
Views
pclinskie
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies