• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor You Know You Are a True Wisconsinite When...

LOL!In summary, being a true Wisconsinite means having a unique perspective on life, including measuring distance in hours, being unfazed by snowstorms, and considering beer, fish, cheese, and venison as major food groups. It also means having a strong connection to the Packers, being able to identify different accents, and having a sense of humor about the cold weather. Overall, being a Wisconsinite is something to be proud of.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRUE WISCONSINITE WHEN:

1. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.

2. "Vacation" means going up north past Hwy 8 for the weekend.

3. You measure distance in hours.

4. You know several people who have hit deer more than once.

5. You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again.

6. Your whole family wears Packer Green to church on Sunday.

7. You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.

8. You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings and funerals).

9. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.

10. You think of the major food groups as beer, fish, cheese and venison.

11. You carry jumper cables in your car and your wife or girlfriend knows how to use them.

12. There are 7 cars with engine running and no people in them in the parking lot at Fleet Farm at any given time

13. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

14. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.

15. You refer to the Packers as "we."

16. You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction.

17. You can identify a southern or eastern accent.

18. You have no problem pronouncing Lac Du Flambeau.

19. You consider Minneapolis exotic.

20. You know how to polka.

21. Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to your blue spruce.

22. You were unaware that there is a legal drinking age.

23. Down South to you means Illinois.

24. A brat is something you eat.

25. Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new pole shed.

26. You go out to fish fry every Friday.

27. Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.

28. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.

29. You find minus twenty degrees "a little chilly."

30. You actually understand these jokes, and you forward them to all your Wisconsin friends.

My husband is in Fargo North Dakota working right now so even though I'm in Arizona I was laughing my butt off at these. Thanks!

Having lived in WI most of my life I can SOOOO relate to most of these!

I had to comment on a couple of them:

13. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

I was still finding myself doing this for years after moving to NC (where it is often in the 70's on Halloween.

15. You refer to the Packers as "we."

We still do this.

17. You can identify a southern or eastern accent.

I always wished I had an accent and didn't know I already did until I moved down here - now I catch the WI accent every time and notice strong accents in certain family members.

Ha ha ha ....these are great Janet!

11. You carry jumper cables in your car and your wife or girlfriend knows how to use them.
Hey, I live in Ohio and I represent that remark!

A lot of these work for IL too!

Except you guys don't know where Hwy 8 is! Ask KG - he knows... ;)...and I live right north of Hwy 8...

Alot of these work for Canadians too. Here in Ontario it's North of Highway 7 though.

A recent study found the average Wisconsinite walks about 900 miles a year.Another study found Wisconsinite's drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcoholic beverages per year.That means, on average, Wisconsinite's get about 41 miles to the gallon.Kinda Makes You Proud To Be from Wisconsin ...

lol, thats funny!

Crystal Patton said:
My husband is in Fargo North Dakota working right now so even though I'm in Arizona I was laughing my butt off at these. Thanks!

If he's still in Fargo, he may be enjoying...errrrr..seeing some snow?

What are some common signs that you are a true Wisconsinite?

Some common signs that you are a true Wisconsinite include: loving cheese, owning a cheesehead hat, saying "ope" and "uff da" frequently, being a die-hard Green Bay Packers fan, and having a strong preference for bratwurst over hot dogs.

Is it true that Wisconsinites love beer?

Yes, it is true that Wisconsinites love beer. Wisconsin is known for its many breweries and annual beer festivals. It is also common for Wisconsinites to have a favorite local or domestic beer and to incorporate beer into their cooking and baking.

Do Wisconsinites really put cheese on everything?

While not all Wisconsinites put cheese on everything, it is a common practice to add cheese to dishes such as burgers, sandwiches, and salads. Some Wisconsinites even enjoy eating cheese curds as a snack or appetizer.

What are some unique traditions in Wisconsin?

Wisconsin has many unique traditions, including the annual State Fair, brat fries (charity events where bratwurst are grilled and sold for fundraising), and Friday night fish fries. Wisconsinites also have a strong love for outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, and camping.

Why do Wisconsinites love the Green Bay Packers so much?

Wisconsinites have a strong love for the Green Bay Packers because the team represents the state as a whole, rather than just one specific city. The Packers also have a rich history and loyal fan base, making them a source of pride for Wisconsinites.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkristin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Jennie4PC