• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

It Sure Is Quiet Around Here...

In summary, Rob's job is to go underwater and fix things. One day, he had a really bad day at work and ended up getting stung by a jellyfish. The jellyfish stung him so bad that it caused him to have to go through three in-water decompression stops before he was able to surface and chamber dry.
LOL. Men exaggerate so much. I am pretty sure it is a little snip and that he still has all his parts intact. LOL.

You guys are too funny! I love the inacuracy. I dont really know who it works but i know that is not it!

That snip is in a VERY sensitive place!

chefann said:
It's also funny that he inaccurately describes what a vasectomy is, despite having one a couple of days previously.
It may not be physically acurate but figuratively accurate.

To quote the character of Franklin in 1776: "[a Colonist] Being called an Englishman is like calling a steer a bull. He's grateful for the honor but would rather have restored what is rightfully his."

Oh I know the snip is in a sensitive place but it is a snip and not the removal of his family gems.

luvs2sellit said:
LOL. Men exaggerate so much. I am pretty sure it is a little snip and that he still has all his parts intact. LOL.
Remember that if you ever need sensitive surgery. ;)

luvs2sellit said:
Oh I know the snip is in a sensitive place but it is a snip and not the removal of his family gems.
It's like having shiney balls on the Chritmas tree - they look nice and sparkle but they're empty and strictly decorative.

My DH would absolutely agree with KG. He went around for over a year telling everyone I had him neutered. (The vasectomy was his idea--cheaper than, in his words, having me "fixed.")

Kinda tough to hang around with the real dogs at the fire hydrant, ya know?

raebates said:
My DH would absolutely agree with KG. He went around for over a year telling everyone I had him neutered. (The vasectomy was his idea--cheaper than, in his words, having me "fixed.")
DH had one, and I'd love to have "back-up", shall we say.... but even getting a doc to talk to you about tubal ligation when you're only 30 and childless is an impossible feat! Now that I'm 35, I could probably be more successful (but that would require a trip to the Doctor - bleah).

This guy won the Ig Nobel Prize...check it out...and if you want to know how I learned about them, PM or email me - it is not appropriate for this board.http://www.neuticles.com/index1.html

I am kind of lurking today. I am at work and am ACTUALLY working for a change!!! and therefore not a lot of time to post. I am not liking the actually having to work thing! Looks like I will be doing that a lot this week from the stuff coming in.

chefann said:
DH had one, and I'd love to have "back-up", shall we say.... but even getting a doc to talk to you about tubal ligation when you're only 30 and childless is an impossible feat! Now that I'm 35, I could probably be more successful (but that would require a trip to the Doctor - bleah).
I thought tubal litigation was when you sued someone over a pipeline. :confused:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It's like having shiney balls on the Chritmas tree - they look nice and sparkle but they're empty and strictly decorative.

I am SO sending this to my DH!! LOL

chefann said:
It's also funny that he inaccurately describes what a vasectomy is, despite having one a couple of days previously.

I think he was trying to keep it from being sensored by the spam filter! LOL! ...it is funny since he is an EMT-I. He knows very well what happens!

momof2_pc4u said:
Thank you. I am sure that I will find wonderful ideas on here but after what I have read, I doubt I will be a big poster. I am truly afraid of just what may happen if I say something someone does not agree with, or openly share. Nope, I will gather my notes and input my good PC IDEAS but thats it. I have enough soap opera available to me on TV, dont need it in my business.
This should be highlighted as The Post Of The Day.

OOOOHH these stories are awesome. The jellyfish one is awesome and I am laughing about the vibrating cell phone/vasectomy one. Oh my. I may have to email these to my husband!:D

...just caught up on the comments - too funny! I had told him at the time, if I could give birth to 2 kids, it was HIS turn to go in. I don't think it would have happened though without some good narcotics ahead of time. They gave him Vicodin and as we were traveling to Minocqua that day he was talking to me about the server he was upgrading and in mid sentence said, "oh, look at the pretty lights (headlights)." After that he was in la-la land - almost had to wheel him into the clinic...had to help with the surgery prep and scrub too... If he had known all of that and seen the needle, he would have ran fast...

As far as the "big dogs" at the hydrant, most of the guys on our FD have had the same thing happen! LOL! Besides, we use tankers and drop tanks most of the time.

pamperedbecky said:
OOOOHH these stories are awesome. The jellyfish one is awesome and I am laughing about the vibrating cell phone/vasectomy one. Oh my. I may have to email these to my husband!:D

I can provide MANY witnesses that the second story is actually true...as for the first, still funny! My husband to this day warns guys younger than him that when it is time for the snip-snip don't carry your cell phone in your pocket.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It takes balls to bring a product like that to market.

OH MY! Glad we don't sell those here!!!!! Too funny!

I've been sick and I broke my toe!! :eek: I had a lot to read what I've missed!!!:D

I'm sorry to backtrack, but this Pulaski Day around Chicago caught my attention. Why you ask? LOL! Because over here in Germany we have a Pulaski Army Post (US Army). With that being such an unusual name, it's quite a coincidence! At least, I would guess it's a coincidence.

Janet, I so want to show your story (and KG's comments) to my hubby. BUT since I'm still trying to talk him into it, I better not.

For those who missed a post of mine from a couple of weeks ago. I think our new Salad Scissors are perfect for the do-it-yourself Big V. Please take a look at the design and tell me what you think!

Lisa

ChefLisa said:
For those who missed a post of mine from a couple of weeks ago. I think our new Salad Scissors are perfect for the do-it-yourself Big V. Please take a look at the design and tell me what you think!

Lisa

Only if your last name is Bobbit and you hate your hubby! :eek:

janetupnorth said:
Only if your last name is Bobbit and you hate your hubby! :eek:

At my last show I gave everyone a "sneak peek" at some of the new products. When I brought out the Salad Chopper, someone yelled, "Hellooooo, Loreena Bobbit!" Brought the house down.

PamperedChefDebi said:
Janet, I so want to show your story (and KG's comments) to my hubby. BUT since I'm still trying to talk him into it, I better not.

After milking the situation for EVERY drop of sympathy, my DH began telling other men that having one was a good idea. His point is that 3 hours and $300 (it's been a few years) is much better than a 3-day hospital stay and $3000. He also tells them it didn't hurt too bad.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I thought tubal litigation was when you sued someone over a pipeline. :confused:
Ha! What a difference 2 letters can make...

I'm here... (Checking to see if the coast is clear).

"Dear Pipeline Owner:" and "Dear Lawyer:"Do you mean those two letters?

All for one...

*&^%$#@! 30 second rule

KG...you are looking a little pink today!

Pink is the new black! LOL

sarahmarie said:
KG...you are looking a little pink today!
You should have seen how red I was earlier today.But I'm still 42 posts away from pink. ;)

Glad to see KG is back in his pink apron!

Click the link in my sig and you'll see why.

Thanks, KG. I couldn't agree with you more! I've been quiet today as I have been in shock.

Good for you, KG!Couldn't have put that any better, KG...hopefully everyone will click on the link in your sig line...I agree with you 100%. Stuff happens, and all we can do is deal with it, and move on from here. I was thinking along the same lines. This is supposed to be a fun place to share ideas, get ideas from others to better yourself...and btw...thanks for the funny stories everyone! We're due for a laugh!

Last edited:
I'm glad that we can all start to move on and get back to the real FUN and EDUCATION and SHARING!!!!!!!!!! The thought of not being able to relax here again was not a good thing.

Last edited:
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
This should be highlighted as The Post Of The Day.

Thank you. What an honor for the new girl, huh? I just look past all the pettyness and childish name calling and high school drama and use this forum as a place to get new ideas for my business. Anything else is just a burden. I consider myself a grown up. I wont allow my kids to act like this at all, and I'm surprised some of the adults on here have. Again I am new and no nothing or no one, and frankly I think I'll keep it that way...ha ha.

Now, in my spring paperwork kit I was not sent the P3 disc (or if I was boy I cant find it anywhere...lol). Can I get the full version on CC or do I need to call home office and request the disc to be sent out?

momof2_pc4u said:
Now, in my spring paperwork kit I was not sent the P3 disc (or if I was boy I cant find it anywhere...lol). Can I get the full version on CC or do I need to call home office and request the disc to be sent out?

It was actually on the disk labeled Pampered Partner. There was no indication of P3 on the label.

momof2_pc4u said:

Did you get a CD that said Pampered Partner? If so it is on there.

Debi and I posted the same remark at the same time! LOL!!!!!!

You have to go online to CC and get the instrucions on how to install P3...hope that helps you! I haven;t installed it yet...just using regular ol' PP.

If you do have that disc, you use it but cancel the install that will start automatically. Then browse to the disc and you'll see the folder for P3

BTW....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to see everyone's cheerful and posting again! Thanks everyone!!

PamperedChefDebi said:
It was actually on the disk labeled Pampered Partner. There was no indication of P3 on the label.

Hmmm...maybe that is why I cannot find it? ha ha. No, the only disc I have (or can find) says Printable Material CD. Not it, huh?

momof2_pc4u said:
Hmmm...maybe that is why I cannot find it? ha ha. No, the only disc I have (or can find) says Printable Material CD. Not it, huh?
Guess you better call HO to get the missing CD.

<h2>1. What does "coming out of the ether" mean?</h2><p>"Coming out of the ether" is a colloquial phrase meaning that someone is recovering from a state of confusion or disorientation. In this context, it refers to the idea that people are starting to understand and adapt to a new situation or change.</p><h2>2. What is the M-F members?</h2><p>The M-F members are a group of individuals who are part of a specific community or organization. In this case, it could refer to a group of colleagues or employees who are experiencing a change or transition together.</p><h2>3. Why is it quiet around here?</h2><p>The phrase "quiet around here" could mean that there is a lack of noise or activity in the immediate environment. In the given context, it could also imply that there is a sense of calm or stillness as people are adapting to a change or transition.</p><h2>4. What is Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers a wide range of kitchen and cooking products, as well as recipes and cooking tips. We are dedicated to helping people enjoy the art of cooking and creating delicious meals at home.</p><h2>5. How can Pampered Chef help with the transition out of the ether?</h2><p>Pampered Chef offers a variety of products and resources that can help make cooking and meal preparation easier and more enjoyable. By providing convenient and innovative tools, as well as delicious and easy-to-follow recipes, we aim to make the transition out of the ether smoother and more enjoyable for our customers and their families.</p>

1. What does "coming out of the ether" mean?

"Coming out of the ether" is a colloquial phrase meaning that someone is recovering from a state of confusion or disorientation. In this context, it refers to the idea that people are starting to understand and adapt to a new situation or change.

2. What is the M-F members?

The M-F members are a group of individuals who are part of a specific community or organization. In this case, it could refer to a group of colleagues or employees who are experiencing a change or transition together.

3. Why is it quiet around here?

The phrase "quiet around here" could mean that there is a lack of noise or activity in the immediate environment. In the given context, it could also imply that there is a sense of calm or stillness as people are adapting to a change or transition.

4. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers a wide range of kitchen and cooking products, as well as recipes and cooking tips. We are dedicated to helping people enjoy the art of cooking and creating delicious meals at home.

5. How can Pampered Chef help with the transition out of the ether?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products and resources that can help make cooking and meal preparation easier and more enjoyable. By providing convenient and innovative tools, as well as delicious and easy-to-follow recipes, we aim to make the transition out of the ether smoother and more enjoyable for our customers and their families.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy