• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Upgrade to a New, Quiet Dishwasher - Installed by DH and His Buddy!

In summary, the new dishwasher is so quiet that you can barely tell it is on. The old dishwasher had leaks and the handle was in the way of the drawer where the knives were. The new dishwasher matches the appliances in the kitchen. The old dishwasher used 42 gallons of water to do a load of dishes.
chefann
Gold Member
DH and his buddy installed my new dishwasher yesterday! Yay!

We've been having issues with the old one not doing anything, and DH finally broke down and installed the one that we got for the remodel. It's SOOOOO quiet.

The old one had apparently had leakage issues, because when they pulled it out from under the counter, there were some mushrooms growing under it. :yuck:

The one bad thing we've encountered is that the handle is in the way of the drawer where I keep my knives. So we have to open the DW in order to open the drawer - not a big deal unless the DW is in the middle of a cycle. But I also think we're going to use the timed start to run it in the middle of the night, at which point it becomes a non-issue.

Like my mom just mentioned on the phone - you know you're an adult when you get excited about a new dishwasher. :rolleyes:

Ann...I know what you mean! I still get excited and LOVE my big new refrigerator (will be a year in December) and my cool new stove (will be 3 in December!) Nice well working appliances are such a god-send!!

I would love to have appliances that worked like the should. We keep putting it off b/c they do work, just not as well as we would like and we are hoping to break ground with our new house within a year and don't want to buy all new products and then move...so I'll have to live vicariously through you two!

Before my new stove, I had one that the oven had a mind of it's own. One day it would be 50 too cool, the next time it may be 25 degrees too hot! I never knew what to expect....

and our frig was small, ran all the time, and was older than me! (36) The only way we had the money for our cool frig is I won $1,000 off the radio at Christmas time!

Use this time (till you get your new home) to "shop" around and ask others what they do and don't like about their appliances. One thing I learned: a black stove shows each and every speck of dust or grease! I can totally clean it in the evening...and by morning I can see dust! Drives me nuts! Another thing: I have a bottom freezer that I love...and I am so glad that I got the "door" on the bottom rather than the "drawer".

KellyTheChef said:
Before my new stove, I had one that the oven had a mind of it's own. One day it would be 50 too cool, the next time it may be 25 degrees too hot! I never knew what to expect....

Sounds like my oven, although mine is fairly consistently 50 degrees hot - so I have to set it to 50 degrees less than I want it. Unless it's hot out. Then it's weird.

You could always try baking in the dishwasher - just set it to high heat drying and start the cycle at the drying portion of the cycle.

the_kitchen_guy said:
you Could Always Try Baking In The Dishwasher - Just Set It To High Heat Drying And Start The Cycle At The Drying Portion Of The Cycle.

Lol!!!!!!!

Q: Why is a bride's dress white?A: So the dishwasher matches the rest of the appliances.

Oh Good for you Ann! I find the newer dishwashers are soooo quiet! You can barely tell that they are on! I have a Kitchenaid and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Enjoy!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Q: Why is a bride's dress white?

A: So the dishwasher matches the rest of the appliances.
Groan!

PamperedDor said:
Oh Good for you Ann! I find the newer dishwashers are soooo quiet! You can barely tell that they are on! I have a Kitchenaid and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Enjoy!
Our previous house had a Kitchen Aid DW, but it was pretty old - it was Harvest Gold. It was loud. And it used 42 gallons of water to do a load of dishes!

I just got a new dishwasher too! About 2 weeks ago! I don't think I've enjoyed doing the dishes this much in years!!! LOL! Wait a minute, I've never enjoyed doing dishes!
Then newness (is that a word?) will wear out soon and it won't be so much fun BUT I will always remember my old LOUD one and how it did NOT clean well and will still be appreciative. If that is one thing my pastor has taught me, it is that you find the positive in everything! And even though dishes are not fun, I at least have a great working, quiet dishwasher!;)

I can't wait for the next water bill to see how much of a difference it will make. But I also have to do some additional DH training. He thought that since the new DW has a turbo zone for hard-to-clean items he could put my grill pan in there. I had to tell him that nonstick cookware doesn't go in the DW.

chefann said:
I can't wait for the next water bill to see how much of a difference it will make.

But I also have to do some additional DH training. He thought that since the new DW has a turbo zone for hard-to-clean items he could put my grill pan in there. I had to tell him that nonstick cookware doesn't go in the DW.

I just don't understand how they just don't GET IT???? My hubby is very intelligent but sometimes he does some stuff that just baffles me! He is continuously trying to put my knives in the dishwasher and I'm going to club the next time! I appreciate the help but come on already, why do I have to keep repeating myself! Better yet~ quit insisting on washing, and pick up the dang towel and dry and I can take care of it! Oh well, I still am happy he tries to help from time to time! :rolleyes:

Yeah. This DW has a knife holder for big knives. DH was all set to put my forged chef's knife in there. :eek: I should just take the holder out so he's not tempted. ;)

Yep, that's what I mean! My forged cuttlery!!! That is all I really use anymore. I told him the last time that if he does it he will void my warranty and HE WILL BUY me new knives. Not out of my PC money but his hard earned money!

chefann said:
Yeah. This DW has a knife holder for big knives. DH was all set to put my forged chef's knife in there. :eek: I should just take the holder out so he's not tempted. ;)
Put a couple of his screwdrivers and a ratchet in there and he'll get the message.

"But they were so greasy!"

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Put a couple of his screwdrivers and a ratchet in there and he'll get the message.

ROTFL!! Oooohhhhh..... thanks for the great idea, KG! My hubby better not mess up again~ I have ammunition! LOL!:D;)

Congrats ann, and I loved the comment your mom made to you it made me giggle it is amazing some of the things we get excited about when we are adults verse another age.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Except that DH's tools are pretty clean. But otherwise, it's a good idea. :D

KellyTheChef said:

and our frig was small, ran all the time, and was older than me! (36) The only way we had the money for our cool frig is I won $1,000 off the radio at Christmas time!

Use this time (till you get your new home) to "shop" around and ask others what they do and don't like about their appliances. One thing I learned: a black stove shows each and every speck of dust or grease! I can totally clean it in the evening...and by morning I can see dust! Drives me nuts! Another thing: I have a bottom freezer that I love...and I am so glad that I got the "door" on the bottom rather than the "drawer".[/QUOTE]

I went with the suggestions here to get a white glass top stove instead of the black one. I think the white is just as bad for showing spots! If anything spills & I can't get to it right away, it looks awful!!

I do agree about the door on the bottom mount fridge! I love being able to open the door to shelves & not have to dig through everything to find what I'm looking for!

chefann said:
Except that DH's tools are pretty clean. But otherwise, it's a good idea. :D
His cars are too new. You need to get him interested in some real old cars instead of those late model used cars you guys have.

Um... 2 of 3 of those cars are older than I am. :)
One of them is even older than DH is!

[shrug] To me, they're just late model used cars.* [/shrug]I had at least one mechanic refuse to do anything for Sonja - he refused to work on a car that was born before he was.* - The other day, I saw a car with a collector plate on it - it was a brand I used to sell new. Sigh. It's hell to get old, but it beats the alternative.ETA: For those of you who don't have something similar in your state, in Wisconsin, people who are infected with the dread disease of collecting automobiles are identified as having the disease with this license plate:
00411387E14_1.jpg
Each diseased collector is assigned a number, and each car has the same number with a letter appended to it. So, if this plate actually belonged to someone (no one is assigned #1) his/her next car would be 1A, then 1B, then 1C and so on. A friend of mine is into double letters. His garage is considerably larger than mine. In order to qualify for the plate, a car has to be 20 model years old or older.

Last edited:
I love m y Bosch DW. It isn't perfect, but it cleans well and it's sooo quiet. The inside is too small, and it's hard to really stuff it because it is just too small. The silverware holder has small areas for the utensils and such. It's hard to put the bowls and cups in the top, etc. I wouldn't trade it unless I heard of something way better.

I will say that black glasstop stoves are not the way to go. Next time I'm getting a gas stove with electic convection oven option. Next time is a very long way off, though.

1. How do I properly load my new dishwasher?

To properly load your new dishwasher, start by placing larger items like pots and pans on the bottom rack, facing downwards. Place plates and bowls on the bottom rack as well, making sure they are spaced out for proper water circulation. Place cups, glasses, and smaller items on the top rack, facing downwards. Avoid overcrowding the dishwasher to ensure a thorough clean.

2. Can I put all types of dishes in my new dishwasher?

While most dishes can be put in the dishwasher, it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions for any specific items that should not be washed in the dishwasher. Items such as wooden cutting boards, delicate china, and certain types of plastic may not be dishwasher safe.

3. How often should I clean my new dishwasher?

It is recommended to clean your dishwasher at least once a month to ensure it is running efficiently. This includes wiping down the interior and exterior, cleaning the filter, and checking for any blockages in the spray arms.

4. Can I use regular dish soap in my new dishwasher?

No, regular dish soap should not be used in a dishwasher as it can create too many suds and cause leaks or damage to the machine. Instead, use a detergent specifically designed for dishwashers for the best results.

5. How can I prevent my new dishwasher from leaving spots on my dishes?

To prevent spots on your dishes, make sure to use a rinse aid in your dishwasher. This will help to prevent water droplets from leaving marks on your dishes. You can also try using a dishwasher cleaner once a month to remove any buildup that may be causing spots.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Back