• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ho Aksed No Telling Secrets Until the 12Th!

In summary, the SL for the upcoming month has been scheduled for the 12th, but due to a recent leak, the excitement level for those who have not yet seen
pampered1224
Silver Member
Please, please, please remember that all consultants who have not attended a Spring Launch would very much like to have the same excitement as those of us who have already been got today! DO make sure you keep your "fingers" quiet out here!

Yup, we had to "solemnly swear" that we weren't going to tell!

If the last S.L. is not until the 9th, why are we waiting til the 12th, she said impatiently?

Intrepid_Chef said:
If the last S.L. is not until the 9th, why are we waiting til the 12th, she said impatiently?

There are several SL sessions on the 12th.

Yep, mine is next Saturday, the 12th.

Ah ... OK, not asking for details b/c I know how much that annoyed me when they had similar policies on conference. Just thought the last ones were on the 9th.

I thought Ho Chi Minh was dead?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/17/Ho_Chi_Minh_1946_cropped.jpg/225px-Ho_Chi_Minh_1946_cropped.jpg

Just reading through FB and I think I saw a spoiler already :( and it's from a former consultant...not thrilled about it

What I find funny about that is that she had to find it out from a consultant. And we were told too not to divulge that info to our guests either! I think too that these spoilers think they are doing something beneficial to their business but they automatically sabotage their current month if they still need shows and especially sales, instead of looking like a fountain of information, they look the fool and selfish. Think about it, if I attended a party and am on a budget, and I knew what the new products were, I would not place as large an order at this show to hold out for the new stuff I want. Oh well, go figure. Some people NEED TO LEARN TO THINK BEFORE THEY SPEAK AND to think with their brains rather than their egos! What they do effects the rest of us too and they forget that.

Last edited:
What's funny is a consultant on my team received a Spanish version of the new catty in the mail last week, from HO. She doesn't speak (or read) Spanish so we have no idea why or how that catty was sent to her.

Another HO glitch.

I saw that too and I'm guessing I know what happened. The consultant probably sent it to her PRIVATELY and the former consultant innocently "liked" a photo, not realizing that since she was connected to FB, FB would post a link to the wall feed for ALL to see.

I know that former consultant, she's a good, honest person, and I'm sure she didn't mean to spill the beans. Just don't click on photobucket links!

OHHH I see. Even still, the consultant, a good and wonderful person, goofed. That is like taking out a full page ad on the cover of every local news paper! I mean seriously? And she never thought it might be revealed? I mean come on, that is the only reason anyone posts anything on those sites. They are public, not private like anyone thinks they are because there are too many factors involved. Like other people! Every year at NC and now at SL, HO asks us not to tell. Not just because of the SLs that have not been held but also because that info can hurt our businesses in the current month. The best way to prevent this is to, do as asked, and not say anything at all until the time when HO asks us too and once we have our business for the current month set. I do not keep up with my FB so. But even still, I so want to call people but I will not be doing so as I never know what they may say to others. And I still need sales and parties THIS month. If I tell my SIL or mom or best friend, what the new stuff is, and I know they are on very tight budgets, and I NEED them to place an order this month and not be held back because they WILL want several of the new products. I know they will hold back so why would I intentionally or even accidentally, make it harder for myself to get the sales I need NOW because they know what they will want and can get NEXT MONTH. People do not think about the ramifications of a very innocent comment. Even worse, on FB! It not only can hurt their sales but others' as well. If my SIL, who is a FB fiend sees that, she may decide not to order from me this month.

I've had people send me a Private Message for info and I'm not telling. A promise is a promise.

John, it was an honest mistake. The current consultant sent photobucket pics to the former consultant, and when she liked it and commented on it it posted to fb. I didn't click on the link so I didn't see the picture, but I did see the description. I didn't realize that's what it was, I though she was posting a link. This is one of the reasons I wish HO could figure out a way to have all the launches on the same day. I don't care who from HO came to mine. And, the products are revealed in a video so I don't see the big deal about making it happen. Spreading it out over a week just isn't fair.

I have been watching this thread, and I have to admit I am am dying to know--BUT I'll wait!Just now I saw a line in the chat saying "this is a business not a secret club" and complaining about the "please don't divulge" policy. So I had to speak upLots of businesses--big businesses-- have big launches, where some employees know, but the customers don't until the public launch! Think about Apple, or the Harry Potter books--store owners letting people into the store at midnight on the release day, etc. I gotta say, I think they know what they are doing.We can use this to build excitement. I saw a great FB post from a consultant that said something about just coming back from Spring Launch.."and those of you lucky and smart enough to have March parties with me are going to be very, very happy; you will be hugging me!" I think that's a very effective way to do it!

I am not even telling customers yet. We need to respect those who have not gone yet. Sorry to those who were unable to attend. They should get the information from their upline Director.

I am right there with you Pat

BlueMoon said:
I have been watching this thread, and I have to admit I am am dying to know--BUT I'll wait!

Just now I saw a line in the chat saying "this is a business not a secret club" and complaining about the "please don't divulge" policy. So I had to speak up

Yes, that was me. I work for a Fortune 100 company and information is not given to the employees prior to being announced unless there is a confidentiality clause that is signed by the employee. Is that what happened at Spring Launch?

I am trying to run a business and I have hosts that I can not even tell them what the specials are or give them catalogs. And they are not very happy about that.

It just seems like a club house rather a business at times.

Linda - I am with you there. I do totally understand that it WAS or could be an honest mistake. And yes it stinks that they are not all the same day. We all do it. I know I do, a lot. What I am unnerved about is that something went from phtobucket to FB. I am just saying that any public forum, now that includes photobucket, is not some place to post something you do not want spread. Therefore, if a person is knowledgeable enough to know info that should not be spread, then any public forum is not a good idea. E-mail or phone someone. There are no real secrets out there. It is the nature of the internet beast.

Last edited:
evk1972 said:
BlueMoon said:
I have been watching this thread, and I have to admit I am am dying to know--BUT I'll wait!

Just now I saw a line in the chat saying "this is a business not a secret club" and complaining about the "please don't divulge" policy. So I had to speak up

Yes, that was me. I work for a Fortune 100 company and information is not given to the employees prior to being announced unless there is a confidentiality clause that is signed by the employee. Is that what happened at Spring Launch?

I am trying to run a business and I have hosts that I can not even tell them what the specials are or give them catalogs. And they are not very happy about that.

I have never had a host be angry at me not being able to tell them something because the launch hasn't happened yet. If you handle it correctly and build up the same suspense in them that you have for finding something out - then they are just as excited as we are. And they too have always been willing to wait until the launch date because they don't want their surprise ruined any more than we do.

evk1972 said:

You need to get over yourself. Pampered Chef launches things for us to help build excitement. 99% of the time they encourage us to share the info with our customers right away. TPC is the most professional company out there. All sales companies do fun, silly things with their sales staffs to build that excitement and urgency for the product.

The reason it is different for the spring launches is that 2/3 of the consultants will not have their launches until later this week. So if the first group started blasting all the info out there where would the other group's excitement be and why should they even attend? Until this last summer we also had 3 conferences and the same rules applied. Don't say anything until the last group knows. It's common courtesy.

As far as hosts not getting their packet more than 2 weeks before their show is concerned, most hosts do nothing with it until a week or maybe 2 before the show anyway. It is hurting no one for them to have to wait. It's all in how YOU present it. I have never had anyone complain that they didn't get the info early enough - they are always excited about being the first to get to see and tell their friends.

pkd09 said:
I am not even telling customers yet. We need to respect those who have not gone yet. Sorry to those who were unable to attend. They should get the information from their upline Director.

I'm not saying anything yet, either. I've still got dates in February that I'd like to fill but if I go on and on about March, they won't want to book in February. However, I am about to burst at the seams!!! I'm also SO excited about what I earned at Level One of SAL and the Key Product by submitting two December shows!!! Now I just have to wait for it to arrive. They said that it should be delivered by 2/19!!!

I have 6 parties in March already scheduled and not one of my host is "mad" at me for not giving them a catalog. I have one on the 1st and one on the 3rd. Pretty early in the month. It is all how you handle it. They all have their packets, I have have their guest lists. I will mail catalogs when I recieve them. Also, now that you have been to Spring Launch, you can tell your host and customers the information, but we ask that you do not broadcast it to the entire Pampered Chef Community. Don't post the information publicly here and don't blast it on the social networks. How fun was it for YOU at Spring Launch to hear all of the information? Why would you want to take that fun away from us who do not have Spring Launch until later in the week? You are right, there is no confidentiality aggreement to sign, Pampered Chef just believes we are all adults and can keep a secret from each other for 1 week.

I work for a Fortune 100 company and information is not given to the employees prior to being announced unless there is a confidentiality clause that is signed by the employee. Is that what happened at Spring Launch?

As far as I can remember the only thing I have ever had to sign as a consultant was my consultant agreement. However, I know that part of that agreement was that I abide by company policy. In this case, company policy seems to be that if you are going to a launch you don't tell anyone anything you learn there until after the last launch on the 12th and if you aren't going to a launch, then you find out with everyone else after the last launch when the company puts it out for general knowledge. That's the company policy and we all agreed to follow company policy when we signed on. Seems pretty black and white to me.

I myself can't hardly wait to find out.

pcsharon1 said:
evk1972 said:
BlueMoon said:

I have never had a host be angry at me not being able to tell them something because the launch hasn't happened yet. If you handle it correctly and build up the same suspense in them that you have for finding something out - then they are just as excited as we are. And they too have always been willing to wait until the launch date because they don't want their surprise ruined any more than we do.

In my addition to your response - I have been in this business for 12 years and NOBODY has ever had a problem with waiting - they are excited because they are the first ones on the block to show the new products - its just as exciting to them as well - so in respect to Doris who has ALWAYS asked us to not "Spoil" it for others - I will always keep my word and make it exciting for my hosts and guests. The worst part is waiting for the exciting part at either National Conference or Spring Launch and then there's no excitement -because somebody spoiled it for us - it no different than a child peaking before Christmas and knowing everything they got beforehand - where's the excitement there. So I hope everyone uses restraint and has respect for our amazing company and waits till after the 12th to talk. :angel:

I have a host that is having her show towards the end of February (Last Chance / First Glance) We are taking pre-orders at that show for March in addition to her having a February show. Then she will have a March show and take those pre-orders and add it to the rest of the orders for her March show. She will be the past host and the current host. She gets TWO 2 new products at 60% off. She is excited that she booked in February!

Most of my hosts have no idea what the host or guest special is when they book a show with me. Crazy! I book for the dates I want and sell the fact that they are getting free, they are usually plesantly surprised when I ask them at closing which host special they want to get too.

I am sorry I am so well, pissy about this. The only reason is that I spent 4 months planning Patrick's 50th birthday and posted one lousy line on FB thinking it would not get around. Well, a month before his party, he came home and a co-worker asked him about it! Like I said, you never know who will see what and who will pass it on. It never dawned on me that a friend of a friend of a friend would hear about it. I just do not want a simple remark to spoil it for everyone. I am sorry - I love the surprise and I am sure everyone else would love it too! So I do apologize that I got rather bent out of shape about it. I am an adult! This is as close to Christmas morning that I will ever get on the excitement level!

Curlyone said:
I have a host that is having her show towards the end of February (Last Chance / First Glance) We are taking pre-orders at that show for March in addition to her having a February show. Then she will have a March show and take those pre-orders and add it to the rest of the orders for her March show. She will be the past host and the current host. She gets TWO 2 new products at 60% off. She is excited that she booked in February!

Curlyone...just wanted to say that I love you sign tag...the pray. I will have to copy that one. Have a wonderful and blessed evening.

As far as hosts/customers "needing" to know what's coming out in March....it's all in how YOU play it. If you make a big deal out of it, then yes, they'll be more curious or perhaps upset that you won't tell them, etc. But if you don't make a big deal about it- they won't either. Most hosts rarely truly care about the Host Special. They rarely do anything with their catalogs/host packets until 2 weeks prior to the show date. Same with invitations. And because of THAT, that's why PC allows us to PREORDER the supplies for those early March shows.So don't make such a big deal about it. They wouldn't realize it otherwise.

Sorry to those who were unable to attend. They should get the information from their upline Director.

As much as I TOTALLY AGREE with not spilling the products early (frankly, I'd rather wait until I get a changeover kit to share with my customers) I think that some folks should realize that not everybody is on a touchy-feely-happy-friendly basis with their upline director. I did not choose my director.

The person who shared photos with me (NOT the situation referenced earlier) is a team leader who is close to promoting, If she wasn't an hour away, and if I didn't work so many Monday nights, I'd attend her meetings in a second!

And most of that info came through a flurry of text messages that are not easily forwarded so nope, not sharing. I really don't believe I have complete enough information to share anyway, for what it's worth.

Many directors do not share with their team members that could have gone. They feel that early knowledge is a perk of going. I have an awesome relationship with my director (I didn't pick her either) but she isn't sharing even though I was in the hospital so I couldn't be there (and I was going to Charlotte :cry: ). While she totally gets my not going this time, her attitude is that those that spend the time and money to go should get something for it.

I do share with my downline usually but it's usually at a meeting right after I get the new products.

Everyone will know next week. Why is this always such a big deal?

BethCooks4U said:
Many directors do not share with their team members that could have gone. They feel that early knowledge is a perk of going. I have an awesome relationship with my director (I didn't pick her either) but she isn't sharing even though I was in the hospital so I couldn't be there (and I was going to Charlotte :cry: ). While she totally gets my not going this time, her attitude is that those that spend the time and money to go should get something for it.

I do share with my downline usually but it's usually at a meeting right after I get the new products.

Personally, I think it's more of a big deal because this is the shortest amount of time we've ever had between when new products are announced, and the new season starts. It's all well and good for people who say that their hosts don't care...but I have a couple hosts who DO care that they don't have materials yet for their shows the first week of March.

One has a show set up online, but guests can't view the online catalog for March...and MANY of the prices are wrong. Sooo, if someone places an order, the prices they are given are wrong - and they don't have an option of looking at a catalog in person, because I won't even be able to get her catalogs to her until LESS THAN two weeks before her show. She's a real go-getter (which is why she always wants the first Show of the season!) and she's NOT happy about not having materials she needs to be working on outside orders, etc....

I am totally OK with giving her as much info as I can right now - she is my first priority, in my mind, and I will do what I need so that she feels like she can have the best show possible.

ChefBeckyD said:
Personally, I think it's more of a big deal because this is the shortest amount of time we've ever had between when new products are announced, and the new season starts. It's all well and good for people who say that their hosts don't care...but I have a couple hosts who DO care that they don't have materials yet for their shows the first week of March.

One has a show set up online, but guests can't view the online catalog for March...and MANY of the prices are wrong. Sooo, if someone places an order, the prices they are given are wrong - and they don't have an option of looking at a catalog in person, because I won't even be able to get her catalogs to her until LESS THAN two weeks before her show. She's a real go-getter (which is why she always wants the first Show of the season!) and she's NOT happy about not having materials she needs to be working on outside orders, etc....

I am totally OK with giving her as much info as I can right now - she is my first priority, in my mind, and I will do what I need so that she feels like she can have the best show possible.

For reasons like this, I wonder why we can't have Spring Launch in January, like Leadership used to be? I understand they want to do regional trainings so it's accessible to more consultants, but why move it to February?

ChefBeckyD said:

I totally agree with this! I didn't like it last year when they switched to SL in February. It makes it really hard on us to get ready for the new season in two weeks. Many of us want to try out new recipes, have shows coming up, etc.

If more of us told HO how this affects our business maybe they will change something. Did they send out a survey last year? I couldn't remember.

esavvymom said:
As far as hosts/customers "needing" to know what's coming out in March....it's all in how YOU play it. If you make a big deal out of it, then yes, they'll be more curious or perhaps upset that you won't tell them, etc. But if you don't make a big deal about it- they won't either. Most hosts rarely truly care about the Host Special. They rarely do anything with their catalogs/host packets until 2 weeks prior to the show date. Same with invitations. And because of THAT, that's why PC allows us to PREORDER the supplies for those early March shows.

So don't make such a big deal about it. They wouldn't realize it otherwise.

Isn't it odd that HO thinks our receiving catalogs two weeks before our parties scheduled for 3/1 and then mailing them to the hosts is enough time to get outside orders, etc.? It takes 4 weeks sometimes to receive Consultant News--don't we use the same PO? Just a thought.

I realized after I set up a show for the 1st of March, and told the host I'd mail a packet this week, that I'm not going to be able to do that. Unless I send her my copy of the catalog I got at Spring Launch, but I don't really want to do that!

I guess I could send some mini's and then tell her I'll send full size catalogs as soon as they come in.

mountainmama74 said:
I realized after I set up a show for the 1st of March, and told the host I'd mail a packet this week, that I'm not going to be able to do that. Unless I send her my copy of the catalog I got at Spring Launch, but I don't really want to do that!

I guess I could send some mini's and then tell her I'll send full size catalogs as soon as they come in.

That is a great idea..I think that that is what I will do..just give her some minis until I have regular size catalogs..thanks.

BethCooks4U said:

WOW. I think that is sad that she wouldn't share with you. You couldn't help your situation and you HAD planned to go. I see her point for those who don't invest in the time/money and go having to wait.

1. What is "Ho Aksed No Telling Secrets Until the 12th" and why is it important?

"Ho Aksed No Telling Secrets Until the 12th" is a phrase used by Pampered Chef consultants to remind each other to keep any new product information or announcements secret until the 12th of the month. This is important because it allows all consultants, including those who have not attended a Spring Launch event, to experience the excitement and surprise of new products together.

2. What is a Spring Launch and who can attend?

A Spring Launch is a special event held by Pampered Chef to introduce new products, share business updates, and provide training for consultants. All Pampered Chef consultants are welcome to attend, but space is limited and tickets must be purchased in advance.

3. Can I share new product information with my customers before the 12th?

No, it is important to keep the "Ho Aksed No Telling Secrets Until the 12th" policy in mind and avoid sharing any new product information with customers until after the 12th of the month. This helps create a fair and consistent experience for all consultants and customers.

4. How can I stay updated on new product releases and announcements?

Pampered Chef regularly sends out emails and updates to consultants with information about new products and launches. You can also stay connected through the Pampered Chef consultant community and social media groups for the latest updates and news.

5. What happens if I accidentally share a secret before the 12th?

If you accidentally share information about new products before the 12th, don't panic! Just remind yourself to be more mindful in the future and try to avoid any further slip-ups. Remember, keeping secrets until the designated date is part of the fun and excitement for everyone involved.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • RaggedyAunt
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003