• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

It Sure Is Quiet Around Here...

In summary, Rob's job is to go underwater and fix things. One day, he had a really bad day at work and ended up getting stung by a jellyfish. The jellyfish stung him so bad that it caused him to have to go through three in-water decompression stops before he was able to surface and chamber dry.
nope that is not it I hae never downloaded it from CC but I don know you could call the solutions center and they can help you.

Welcome to CS and as KG said it is usually never this crazy

Or clean my desk. I think it would be easier to call Home Office [smile]

Good idea, call HO when you get it and need help just give out a holler to one of us and we'll get you up and running with installing it if you have problems doing it.

On CC they posted instructions on how to install it too. Of course without the CD you can't do much right now.

Some body just said that there was a 3-4 hr wait at HO. The nice thing is they have the call back feature

I sure could pretend like I know what I am doing, that way when I actually get the disc, I will.

Thanks for the good information.

They do keep their word and call you back.

momof2_pc4u said:
I sure could pretend like I know what I am doing, that way when I actually get the disc, I will.

Your welcome. They also have a FAQ on CC. You should download that too and read it.

I love P3 and have been using it since I got it late January.

momof2_pc4u said:

You know, if you're still not comfortable with PP, you should switch as soon as possible! Because they are very different as far as how you do things, it would be so much easier to only learn one. At least, it would for me!;)

momof2_pc4u said:
Or clean my desk. I think it would be easier to call Home Office [smile]
Even easier...if you have broadband connection...log on to CC and download the latest version.

Yes HO office does call you back and I also really like P# it has taken me time to figure out where things are. Just listen to the introdction at the begining and that will help you out tons

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Even easier...if you have broadband connection...log on to CC and download the latest version.

Does CC have a download for P3? I haven't looked recently.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

I thought they didn't have P3 available for download from the site yet. Is it there now?!! If so, GREAT!

Jennie4PC said:
Yes HO office does call you back and I also really like P# it has taken me time to figure out where things are. Just listen to the introdction at the begining and that will help you out tons

The startup guide is pretty good. I asked HO to update it as they put more on it to help everyone find where things are. I asked--now have to wait to see if they "hear" me.:D

We are too funny Debi! So good to be on here and laughing again!

pamperedharriet said:
We are too funny Debi! So good to be on here and laughing again!

Definitely!! That's how it's supposed to be, really!!!

PamperedChefDebi said:
Definitely!! That's how it's supposed to be, really!!!

You know it!:cool: :)

I am personally waiting for the fat lady to sing!

No offense intended to any of my fellow cheffers who may be horizontally challenged!

ohmygoodness. will someone just put me into my senses. i swore i was not going to get involved. i dont know anyone. i just started this forum less then a week ago. BUT i am compelled to say this (after reading 2 days worth of bizzare posts from people)

why is it fair for those who felt the need to bash and bag and berate and ridicule and trash talk and stone throw this girl, to ask that we all grow up and move on about this like it never happened, yet when those who are or were close to this girl want to come on and defend or protect her, they are refused a podium? I see threads closed down but not deleted and yet it is expected that these people move on? Until the issue is dropped, and really dropped, it will still linger like bad mojo. And yes, I said I would just come on and get my PC ideas and I intend to do just that, I just felt the need to maybe be the one to say ENOUGH.

Ok...back to P3

I tried downloading it from CC and it tells me the file is corrupt? what does this mean? I am not a computer person.

Very cute Janet!

Trying to keep the humor going...this morning was fun...maybe I can think of some other crazy thing my husband has done in the last decade??? Hmm....

momof2_pc4u said:
I tried downloading it from CC and it tells me the file is corrupt? what does this mean? I am not a computer person.

What version of Windows are you running?

momof2_pc4u said:
Ok...back to P3

It means that the program has a problem and needs to be fixed.

I haven't gone on CC tonight but you say that they have a download for P3 there?

momof2_pc4u said:
ohmygoodness. will someone just put me into my senses. i swore i was not going to get involved. i dont know anyone. i just started this forum less then a week ago. BUT i am compelled to say this (after reading 2 days worth of bizzare posts from people)

why is it fair for those who felt the need to bash and bag and berate and ridicule and trash talk and stone throw this girl, to ask that we all grow up and move on about this like it never happened, yet when those who are or were close to this girl want to come on and defend or protect her, they are refused a podium? I see threads closed down but not deleted and yet it is expected that these people move on? Until the issue is dropped, and really dropped, it will still linger like bad mojo. And yes, I said I would just come on and get my PC ideas and I intend to do just that, I just felt the need to maybe be the one to say ENOUGH.

Ok...back to P3

This should be a sticky.

My suspicion is that your file transfer was interrupted somehow. If it started to download, you will likely have to delete the aborted transfer and start it again.

You could also start a new transfer and save the file to a different directory.

pamperedharriet said:

I haven't gone on CC tonight but you say that they have a download for P3 there?

It appears to me to only be PP on CC.

PamperedChefDebi said:
What version of Windows are you running?
XP pro, on a really crappy laptop.

momof2_pc4u said:

I for one am tired of all of it and have decided to move on. This is not the normal for this site to have so much mixed emotions and problems. You will be better off pretending that you didn't read any of it. (Just My opinion)

Go on enjoy what the rest of us are doing and getting help, fun and an education on how to do our best.

I am just sorry for the newer people that they had to witness that.

pamperedharriet said:

on the download center, says you can download the spring 2007 version of PP and I tried this. Keeps telling me that the file transfer is corrupt. my computer hates me, thats all.

janetupnorth said:
I am personally waiting for the fat lady to sing!

No offense intended to any of my fellow cheffers who may be horizontally challenged!

Snicker snicker- horizontally challenged. I love it! Will definitely have to remember that one. Thanks for the laugh, Janet!

momof2_pc4u said:
XP pro, on a really crappy laptop.

LOL! Well, it loaded on my semi-crappy computer! XP Pro is what I have on my PC and I had no problems. KG's response is probably most likely.

I guess you need to get a copy of the CD from HO.

pamperedharriet said:
I guess you need to get a copy of the CD from HO.

Yep, they actually did an update to PP right when the released P3. It is a bit confusing.

PamperedChefDebi said:
It appears to me to only be PP on CC.
maybe that is why its not working. who knows. I still say my computer hates me. thats ok, I hate it too.

momof2_pc4u said:
on the download center, says you can download the spring 2007 version of PP and I tried this. Keeps telling me that the file transfer is corrupt. my computer hates me, thats all.

The spring version is for regular Pampered Partner. I don't think your computer hates you at all!

momof2_pc4u said:
maybe that is why its not working. who knows. I still say my computer hates me. thats ok, I hate it too.

LOL! I TOTALLY understand!

Where "overseas" are you?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
This should be a sticky.

My suspicion is that your file transfer was interrupted somehow. If it started to download, you will likely have to delete the aborted transfer and start it again.

You could also start a new transfer and save the file to a different directory.
ok, now if you could just say that in english...ha ha.

I will wait for my husband to come home. he will do it.

PamperedChefDebi said:
Yep, they actually did an update to PP right when the released P3. It is a bit confusing.

There are a lot of people still using Pampered Partner so they are still updating it until they make everyone use P3.

PamperedChefDebi said:
LOL! I TOTALLY understand!

Where "overseas" are you?
right now we are on Mildenhall AFB in England for a civil service job my husband is doing. we actually live (well, dwell most of the year there) in a little town in Mass. I hope to go home by April, but I also hoped to go home in Jan.

momof2_pc4u said:
right now we are on Mildenhall AFB in England for a civil service job my husband is doing. we actually live (well, dwell most of the year there) in a little town in Mass. I hope to go home by April, but I also hoped to go home in Jan.

Where in Mass? I used to live in Mass until 22 years ago when I moved to NH.

momof2_pc4u said:

Cool! I've been there! Are there any other consultants in the area? I have a friend (actually my first Host) who is in England but I cannot remember which base (one of the SMALL ones) and she told me she needed me to fly up there and do a show because there are no consultant there! LOL!

pamperedharriet said:
Where in Mass? I used to live in Mass until 22 years ago when I moved to NH.

Fairhaven. Really, new bedford.

PamperedChefDebi said:
Cool! I've been there! Are there any other consultants in the area? I have a friend (actually my first Host) who is in England but I cannot remember which base (one of the SMALL ones) and she told me she needed me to fly up there and do a show because there are no consultant there! LOL!

I dont know. I am just trying to keep up with work and stay on top of things. that way when I do go home, I can get back into the swing of things again.

I've heard of Fairhaven and of course New Bedford.

It's been years and I mean years since I've been there!

I love it, but if you dont PLAN on coming, you really dont ever go, you know?

momof2_pc4u,I think there is only the old version of Pampered Partner on the web. P3 should be on the CD that was in your kit. You'll need to navigate your Windows browser (not web browser) to the CD drive, then double click Pamperedpartnerplussetup.exe. That will run the installer.If you're still having problems, the folks in tech support are very helpful and patient with all our problems. :)

chefann said:
momof2_pc4u,

I think there is only the old version of Pampered Partner on the web. P3 should be on the CD that was in your kit. You'll need to navigate your Windows browser (not web browser) to the CD drive, then double click Pamperedpartnerplussetup.exe. That will run the installer.

If you're still having problems, the folks in tech support are very helpful and patient with all our problems. :)
Thank you. I just cannot seem to find that cd anywhere. I really need to clean off my desk. So far I have the update for PP and that seems to be doing ok for me. I just wanted to try this P3 out. Maybe I will wait until I get state side.

Kitchen Guy I'm with you. I have really found this site to be inspiring. It has kept me going when I felt like giving up. Your siggy is right on! I found the quote below and I hope that each time I read it I can remember that life is short and in the blink of an eye everything that you thought was important can become so insignificant. My step daughter and SIL have two children, in a matter of hours they lost everything to Hurricane Charlie. My husband had a stroke a few years back, I went to bed with one man and woke up with another. (no jokes please) It has taken me a long time to grief the old man and I am still working on getting used to the new one. Those poor people in Alabama and neighboring states lost everything in the blink of an eye. You could be talking to someone you love on the phone and in a minute or two they could be gone forever. When all is said and done what is a few dollars? What really matters is family, good friends and waking each day knowing that you are doing good things. If you give in faith that is all you can do. I say let's keep on keeping on. Let's inspire and lift each other up.
Live, Love and Laugh!!

<h2>1. What does "coming out of the ether" mean?</h2><p>"Coming out of the ether" is a colloquial phrase meaning that someone is recovering from a state of confusion or disorientation. In this context, it refers to the idea that people are starting to understand and adapt to a new situation or change.</p><h2>2. What is the M-F members?</h2><p>The M-F members are a group of individuals who are part of a specific community or organization. In this case, it could refer to a group of colleagues or employees who are experiencing a change or transition together.</p><h2>3. Why is it quiet around here?</h2><p>The phrase "quiet around here" could mean that there is a lack of noise or activity in the immediate environment. In the given context, it could also imply that there is a sense of calm or stillness as people are adapting to a change or transition.</p><h2>4. What is Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers a wide range of kitchen and cooking products, as well as recipes and cooking tips. We are dedicated to helping people enjoy the art of cooking and creating delicious meals at home.</p><h2>5. How can Pampered Chef help with the transition out of the ether?</h2><p>Pampered Chef offers a variety of products and resources that can help make cooking and meal preparation easier and more enjoyable. By providing convenient and innovative tools, as well as delicious and easy-to-follow recipes, we aim to make the transition out of the ether smoother and more enjoyable for our customers and their families.</p>

1. What does "coming out of the ether" mean?

"Coming out of the ether" is a colloquial phrase meaning that someone is recovering from a state of confusion or disorientation. In this context, it refers to the idea that people are starting to understand and adapt to a new situation or change.

2. What is the M-F members?

The M-F members are a group of individuals who are part of a specific community or organization. In this case, it could refer to a group of colleagues or employees who are experiencing a change or transition together.

3. Why is it quiet around here?

The phrase "quiet around here" could mean that there is a lack of noise or activity in the immediate environment. In the given context, it could also imply that there is a sense of calm or stillness as people are adapting to a change or transition.

4. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers a wide range of kitchen and cooking products, as well as recipes and cooking tips. We are dedicated to helping people enjoy the art of cooking and creating delicious meals at home.

5. How can Pampered Chef help with the transition out of the ether?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products and resources that can help make cooking and meal preparation easier and more enjoyable. By providing convenient and innovative tools, as well as delicious and easy-to-follow recipes, we aim to make the transition out of the ether smoother and more enjoyable for our customers and their families.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy