• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

It Sure Is Quiet Around Here...

In summary, Rob's job is to go underwater and fix things. One day, he had a really bad day at work and ended up getting stung by a jellyfish. The jellyfish stung him so bad that it caused him to have to go through three in-water decompression stops before he was able to surface and chamber dry.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
...we must all be coming out of the ether.

It's ether that or the M-F members are still in shock.

I have to agree...I have had sooo much to read and really nothing to type...LOL. Everyone keeps asking where I am, but I am here. I am just reading and not typing.

Jilleysue said:
I have to agree...I have had sooo much to read and really nothing to type...LOL. Everyone keeps asking where I am, but I am here. I am just reading and not typing.

How's your house after all that PC product got there? Can you find your furniture yet????

Okay, let's liven things up! I got this from my director with a little note about how host coaching isn't really all that bad. This will put it all in perspective.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Next time you have a bad day at work think of this guy.

Rob is a commercial saturation diver for Global Divers in Louisiana . He
performs underwater repairs on offshore drilling rigs.

Below is an E-mail he sent to his sister. She then sent it to radio
station 103.2 on FM dial in Ft. Wayne , Indiana , who was sponsoring a
worst job experience contest. Needless to say, she won.

Hi Sue,

Just another note from your bottom-dwelling brother.

Last week I had a bad day at the office. I know you've been feeling down
lately at work, so I thought I would share my dilemma with you to make
you realize it's not so bad after all .

Before I can tell you what happened to me, I first must bore you with a
few technicalities of my job.

As you know, my office lies at the bottom of the sea. I wear a suit to
the office. It's a wet suit. This time of year the water is quite cool.
So what we do to keep warm is this: We have a diesel powered industrial
water heater. This $20,000 piece of equipment sucks the water out of the
sea. It heats it to a delightful temperature.

It then pumps it down to the diver through a garden hose, which is taped
to the air hose. Now this sounds like a darn good plan, and I've used it
several times with no complaints.

What I do, when I get to the bottom and start working, is take the hose
and stuff it down the back of my wet suit. This floods my whole suit
with warm water. It's like working in a Jacuzzi.

Everything was going well until all of a sudden, my butt started to
itch. So, of course, I scratched it. This only made things worse.
Within a few seconds my butt started to burn. I pulled the hose out from
my back, but the damage was done. In agony I realized what had happened.

The hot water machine had sucked up a jellyfish and pumped it into my
suit. Now, since I don't have any hair on my back, the jellyfish
couldn't stick to it However, the crack of my butt was not as
fortunate.

When I scratched what I thought was an itch, I was actually grinding the
jellyfish into the crack of my butt.

I informed the dive supervisor of my dilemma over the communicator. His
instructions were unclear due to the fact that he, along with five other
divers, were all laughing hysterically.

Needless to say I aborted the dive. I was instructed to make three
agonizing in-water decompression stops totaling thirty-five minutes
before I could reach the surface to begin my chamber dry decompression.
When I arrived at the surface, I was wearing nothing but my brass
helmet.

As I climbed out of the water, the medic, with tears of laughter running
down his face, handed me a tube of cream and told me to rub it on my
butt as soon as I got in the chamber.

The cream put the fire out, but I couldn't poop for two days because my
butt was swollen shut.

So, next time you're having a bad day at work, think about how much
worse it would be if you had a jellyfish shoved up your butt.

Now repeat to yourself, "I love my job, I love my job, I love my job."

Now whenever you have a bad day, ask yourself, is this a jellyfish bad
day?

May you NEVER have a jellyfish bad day!!!!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

I much prefer nitrous oxide myself! :D Makes me much happier.

But don't shock me unless my heart needs it!

Oh Jen! That is too funny! Those Jellyfish stings hurt! Believe me, I know first hand on my..............................FOOT!! Thank God it wasn't my butt!;)

I've been logged on, but not really on if you know what I mean. I'm still trying to get my desk organized. Funny thing is, I just did it not that long ago!! I thought I had cleaned it pretty good then, but now I see I didn't dig deep enough into drawers. I found my totally unused planner from 2005!!!

My mind is also wandering a lot today. I've got something bothering me but don't feel like I should post it. I PROMISE it doesn't have a thing to do with what all was going on, on here this weekend. It's something else. If anyone wants to hear me vent I can send them a PM. My husband didn't have to work today, and he's sick of hearing about it. Poor guy had to go to Bass Pro to get away from it :p

ROFLOL - I'll have to remember that my next bad day...

Jennifer - if you need to vent, shoot me a PM. :)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Still sleeping:D Three out of the four of us are sick over here...Is the room suppose to spin?

Hi there. New here. Actually, I have been looking around for about a week, but honestly, have been afraid to post anything. I think I may have come at an awkward time, I guess. Can't say I havent had lots to read. My oh My. Poor girl...but as a Admin Greg has said (and I assume he is the one who is in charge of this forum???) enough said, right?

So other then all of that, what else goes on around here? Cant wait to get some good ideas!!

LOL, another reason I love my PC job so much, ABSOLUTELY NO way I could possibly get a jellyfish up my butt! :D That was hilarious!

Welcome momof2! Don't worry, this certainly isn't the norm around here. There are a lot of fantastic people on this site and loads of great advice. I think it'll just take a little while for everyone to settle down. But trust me, you'll love it here!

Just logging on for the first time today...trying to get a little work done before I get sucked into CS. :)

Oh, and I'm still drinking my coffee. :D

momof2_pc4u said:
I think I may have come at an awkward time, I guess.
It wasn't your fault. ;)

Welcome to our little asylum!

I have been reminding myself of the Jelly Fish up the Butt day whenever I think my job is hard... It is one of my favorite stories.

BTW - will you guys stop preceeding your threads with OT?

EVERYTHING in the Lounge is Off Topic. That's why it's the Lounge!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

How true! LOl!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

You're right, KG - off to edit my thread. :)

Well first of all, the M-F crowd is probably busy celebrating Casmir Pulaski Day, duh! And second of all...OUCH!

I don't think you can change a tread title. Are we still in the ether? Of course, we are. This place is a gas!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I don't think you can change a tread title.
You're right again - I can't change it...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Are we still in the ether? Of course, we are. This place is a gas!

Yep, you could spend daze here...

After awhile, it's like afrontal lobotomy. I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

KG--it's good to have you back! Missed you!

Thank you. I am sure that I will find wonderful ideas on here but after what I have read, I doubt I will be a big poster. I am truly afraid of just what may happen if I say something someone does not agree with, or openly share. Nope, I will gather my notes and input my good PC IDEAS but thats it. I have enough soap opera available to me on TV, dont need it in my business.

Sorry to hear that. Don't be afraid - what happened the other night is an aberration. The majority of folks here are warm and caring.

I'm here. I had noticed that it seemed to be a little... um... over-calm today.

Glad to see some of the regulars around! :D

Or irregulars, in your case, KG!

rassa-fracking 30 second rule!

speedychef said:
Well first of all, the M-F crowd is probably busy celebrating Casmir Pulaski Day, duh!

I couldn't figure out why there were so many "big kids" at preschool drop off this morning, then I was reminded about today's holiday on the radio when I got back into the car. So dumb!

I think CP day only applies to Chicagoland folks, no?

Origins: This snippet of e-lore began its life on the Internet in October 1998. Whether it's an honest account or not is more difficult to determine than its date of origin, though. A number of the details provided argue against its being anything other than an inventive piece of fiction, so the textual claim of "true story" should be taken with a grain of sea salt.

A diving outfit by the name of Global Industries does operate out of Louisiana. They specialize in deepwater diving, underwater welding technology, and subsea completions. However, those knowledgeable about diving have pointed out that technical divers working in deep water wear dry suits (or even hot water suits for very deep dives), not wetsuits. (A wetsuit is open and allows water to circulate between it and the diver's body. A dry suit seals at the wrist and neck and prevents water from entering.) "Brian's" claim to have been wearing a wetsuit while engaged in a dive so deep that it required three "water stops" (slang for "in-water decompression stops") on the way back up to prevent the bends is therefore suspect.

Should you believe this particular tale about a diver with a jellyfish up his arse? Probably not, but on the other hand there's no harm in enjoying it.

However, I can tell you a true story some day about my husband, a vibrating cell phone and a vascetomy. That one I unsympathetically busted a gut laughing about!

janetupnorth said:
However, I can tell you a true story some day about my husband, a vibrating cell phone and a vascetomy. That one I unsympathetically busted a gut laughing about!

OMG LMAO!:eek:

Ah, it's good to be here with so many friends. As a good friend told me today:

Friendship is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

raebates said:
Ah, it's good to be here with so many friends. As a good friend told me today:

Friendship is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

OMG you guys are a total riot today. Think I may just of pi**ed my pantshttp://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy0030.gif

rennea said:
OMG LMAO!:eek:

Hang on - was just pulling his original e-mail - it took awhile (happened in Dec. '04)...coming soon...making sure I don't need to edit anything!!!!

LOLOLOL! I love you guys! You crack me up!

I think Casmir Pulaski is a Chicagoland holiday. I remember when they first started it when I was a kid, and we thought, "We don't know who he is, but WHEE! A day off school!"
*for anyone who might be interested... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casmir_Pulaski

True story - from my hubby!!!! This will make you laugh!Well on my way to camp I was paged for a one car roll over on 47 north of Backwaters so I turned around and started to head to the accident. I didn't use my lights or siren due to the crappy road conditions. So I just drive over the bridge on Bridge road and something happened. What was it that happened you ask? Well I tell you. My cell phone vibrated because a server status email was coming in. Now normally this wouldn't be a big deal. But remember my nuts were cut off a week ago. I personally feel fine but my right nut apparently is still sensitive. I now know this because the phone in my pocket was close to my nut and as it vibrated it set a hell of a shock trough me. Now I don't know if I he the gas or brake while this happen but next thing I know the car is sliding towards the ditch. Luckily it was the dry side of the road and not the wet side.

Anyway we owe $40 for towing. I know we're not planning on it. They can't take credit cards on the road so I got his card and we need to call it in. The cars fine.

ME

I had never heard of Casmir Pulaski day until I read the Yada Yada Prayer Group books. I feel so deprived to have never had that extra day off from school.

speedychef said:
LOLOLOL! I love you guys! You crack me up!

I think Casmir Pulaski is a Chicagoland holiday. I remember when they first started it when I was a kid, and we thought, "We don't know who he is, but WHEE! A day off school!"
*for anyone who might be interested... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casmir_Pulaski

Pulaski High School is somewhere close to KG's neck of the woods - in Milwaukee actually.

Oh, Janet, that's hysterical!

janetupnorth said:
Well on my way to camp I was paged for a one car roll over on 47 north of Backwaters so I turned around and started to head to the accident. I didn't use my lights or siren due to the crappy road conditions. So I just drive over the bridge on Bridge road and something happened. What was it that happened you ask? Well I tell you. My cell phone vibrated because a server status email was coming in. Now normally this wouldn't be a big deal. But remember my nuts were cut off a week ago. I personally feel fine but my right nut apparently is still sensitive. I now know this because the phone in my pocket was close to my nut and as it vibrated it set a hell of a shock trough me. Now I don't know if I he the gas or brake while this happen but next thing I know the car is sliding towards the ditch. Luckily it was the dry side of the road and not the wet side.

Anyway we owe $40 for towing. I know we're not planning on it. They can't take credit cards on the road so I got his card and we need to call it in. The cars fine.

ME
I'm glad he's alright:)

janetupnorth said:
Well on my way to camp I was paged for a one car roll over on 47 north of Backwaters so I turned around and started to head to the accident. I didn't use my lights or siren due to the crappy road conditions. So I just drive over the bridge on Bridge road and something happened. What was it that happened you ask? Well I tell you. My cell phone vibrated because a server status email was coming in. Now normally this wouldn't be a big deal. But remember my nuts were cut off a week ago. I personally feel fine but my right nut apparently is still sensitive. I now know this because the phone in my pocket was close to my nut and as it vibrated it set a hell of a shock trough me. Now I don't know if I he the gas or brake while this happen but next thing I know the car is sliding towards the ditch. Luckily it was the dry side of the road and not the wet side.

ME

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, and for it being quiet around here, this thread is surely taking off!

janetupnorth said:

ME

I posted it unedited...my husband never was the best typist...

The funny after thoughts...Bridge Road cuts through the Wisconsin River...that would be the "wet side of the road".

Steve had called in that he was responding but never showed up...they were worried at first, then he was the talk of the ER.

A friend and fellow firefighter showed up after the call to try and help Steve out - he is normally a very reserved person, but he laughed so hard he cried (and snorted)! Steve was laughing at him laughing.

janetupnorth said:

ME

Oh my gosh!!! That was was too funny!!!! Just glad he found humor in it too and that he wasn't hurt!

janetupnorth said:

ME

Bahahahahaha - oh your poor husband! L:OLOLOLOLOLOL:eek:

janetupnorth said:
I posted it unedited...my husband never was the best typist...
It's also funny that he inaccurately describes what a vasectomy is, despite having one a couple of days previously.

I am doing ok..found my living room floor..can't imagine having too many shows come in at once..I think Kevin would KILL ME...LOL. I am trying to negotiate for some room in the garage...LOL.
I like the Myspace pages ...seems fun to see other pics than that of just the little avatars...LOL

Maybe a little quiet around here at hte University of Illinois. Students still recovering from hang overs from Friday's "Unofficial St. Patricks Day" at the University of Illinois (all day drinking day since they will be gone on spring break for St. Patricks Day). Out of town college kids come and drink here.

My kids didn't have Polasky day here in Central IL. The schools now can pick what days they take off. They had Lincoln's Birthday but not President's Day off.

Ann R.

<h2>1. What does "coming out of the ether" mean?</h2><p>"Coming out of the ether" is a colloquial phrase meaning that someone is recovering from a state of confusion or disorientation. In this context, it refers to the idea that people are starting to understand and adapt to a new situation or change.</p><h2>2. What is the M-F members?</h2><p>The M-F members are a group of individuals who are part of a specific community or organization. In this case, it could refer to a group of colleagues or employees who are experiencing a change or transition together.</p><h2>3. Why is it quiet around here?</h2><p>The phrase "quiet around here" could mean that there is a lack of noise or activity in the immediate environment. In the given context, it could also imply that there is a sense of calm or stillness as people are adapting to a change or transition.</p><h2>4. What is Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers a wide range of kitchen and cooking products, as well as recipes and cooking tips. We are dedicated to helping people enjoy the art of cooking and creating delicious meals at home.</p><h2>5. How can Pampered Chef help with the transition out of the ether?</h2><p>Pampered Chef offers a variety of products and resources that can help make cooking and meal preparation easier and more enjoyable. By providing convenient and innovative tools, as well as delicious and easy-to-follow recipes, we aim to make the transition out of the ether smoother and more enjoyable for our customers and their families.</p>

1. What does "coming out of the ether" mean?

"Coming out of the ether" is a colloquial phrase meaning that someone is recovering from a state of confusion or disorientation. In this context, it refers to the idea that people are starting to understand and adapt to a new situation or change.

2. What is the M-F members?

The M-F members are a group of individuals who are part of a specific community or organization. In this case, it could refer to a group of colleagues or employees who are experiencing a change or transition together.

3. Why is it quiet around here?

The phrase "quiet around here" could mean that there is a lack of noise or activity in the immediate environment. In the given context, it could also imply that there is a sense of calm or stillness as people are adapting to a change or transition.

4. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers a wide range of kitchen and cooking products, as well as recipes and cooking tips. We are dedicated to helping people enjoy the art of cooking and creating delicious meals at home.

5. How can Pampered Chef help with the transition out of the ether?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products and resources that can help make cooking and meal preparation easier and more enjoyable. By providing convenient and innovative tools, as well as delicious and easy-to-follow recipes, we aim to make the transition out of the ether smoother and more enjoyable for our customers and their families.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy