• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Iso: Sweet & Sour Chicken Recipe

In summary, the ingredients needed for the sweet and sour chicken recipe include chicken breast, cornstarch, vegetable oil, onion, bell pepper, pineapple chunks, garlic, ketchup, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, and water. You can use pork or shrimp instead of chicken, and there is no need to marinate the chicken. The sweet and sour sauce is made by combining ketchup, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, and water in a saucepan. This recipe can be made in advance and reheated later.
Karen
Gold Member
I am looking for a yummy sweet & sour chicken recipe that can be served over rice. I used to purchase the jars of sweet & sour sauce that was made by Chicken Tonight but they've either discontinued the product or none of the grocery stores in my area carry it anymore.:(

My husband and I love to have this and I can not seem to come up with a good recipe for it. Any that you have to share would be great!

Here is one that we use all the time, it can be made with pork as well. Does take awhile to make but it is really good.

4 pounds chicken cut into serving pieces (we just use boneless, skinless breast)
2 tbsp corn starch
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce (we use low sodium)
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 can (8 3/4oz) crushed pineapple
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (I never add this, HEARTBURN)
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Place chicken pieces in shallow 12 cup baking dish.
Drain Pineapples, reserve 2 tbsp of the juice for later.
Combine cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper in a sauce pan.
Cook over medium heat stirring CONSTANTLY (it does stick) until sauce thickens and bubbles, then add the reserved pineapple juice.
Pour over chicken.
Bake at 400 for 30 minutes basting every 10 minutes.
Turn chicken over
Cover with pineapple and spoon sauce all over.
Cook an additional 30 minutes.

Enjoy

1. What ingredients do I need for the sweet and sour chicken recipe?

The ingredients for this recipe include chicken breast, cornstarch, vegetable oil, onion, bell pepper, pineapple chunks, garlic, ketchup, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, and water.

2. Can I use a different type of meat for this recipe?

Yes, you can use pork or shrimp instead of chicken for this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. Do I need to marinate the chicken before cooking?

No, you do not need to marinate the chicken for this recipe. However, if you have time, you can marinate the chicken in soy sauce for added flavor.

4. How do I make the sweet and sour sauce for this recipe?

To make the sauce, you will need to combine ketchup, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, and water in a saucepan. Cook until the sugar is dissolved and the sauce thickens.

5. Can I make this recipe in advance and reheat it later?

Yes, you can make this recipe in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat it in the oven or on the stovetop before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vwpamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kristina16marie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
Replies