• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is The Pampered Chef Fundraiser Program Worth It?

In summary, some consultants turn the show in as a cooking show and keep the rewards for themselves while others donate all of their commission to the charity.
mandydollie
I sure do wish that they would revamp the fundraiser program. I had my first fundraiser and just had the family that we did it for e-mail me to see if they ONLY amount that they got off the $1665 in sales was $249.00. I felt so bad when I had to reply to their e-mail and say that yes, that was what they received.

Has anyone heard if PC is willing to up the percentage of donation? It's almost a turn-off to fundraisers when we can only offer the group 15% of sales. I have another fundraiser in the works for another family, but am worried that they, too will be unsatisfied with the lack of funds that get donated for their hard work.

What some consultants do is turn the show in as a cooking show and keep the rewards for themselves and turn around and write a check for for 20% to the group from their checking account. Even if you have the whole catalog you can use the extra items for incentives.

That's true. I may have to start running it that way. I hate to do that then, but I also hate not being able to give them more money for a donation.

The fundraiser I didWas for my son's preschool. I just ended up donating my ENTIRE commission. I figured it was a good gesture, and does help out the school. In addition, it's a tax write off for me, AND - they now want me back 2 times per year. I figure if I get a few bookings off of each fundraiser, that's gold.

How did you run your fundraiser with them? Did you submit as a cooking show?

Thank you for the idea of running as a cooking show. I agree that there needs to ba a revamp of the fundraiser program. It is long overdo and now that the wedding registry revamp is off and running the home office should turn their attention to the fundraising program. Maybe if enough of us call in, email or write they will do something!

I have done fundraisers this way before... they sell tickets $10.00 or $5.00 a ticket which ever you prefer.... sell them for two weeks at the end of the two weeks lets say you collected $500.00 in ticket sales. $250.00 gets dontated to the fund... the other $250.00 , i would pull 5 names from the ticket sales and those 5 people get to order $50.00 woth of PC products, and i turn in a $250.00 show, you can keep the benifits yourself or raffle them off, you choice !

This way you dont loose a ton of catalogs easy for kids to sell tickets, the charity get 50% of the sales.. evryone is happy !!!

I ran the fundraiserAs a fundraiser. And in the letter that went to everyone participating (which wasn't many - optional fundraiser) it stated 100% of my commission is going to school. So, PC gave them 15% of sales, and I pitched in my 17% bringing it to 32%. On top of that, I had it delivered to my home, bagged it all up, and made it super simple for the preschool - absolutely no work on their end.

that's a great idea. could you post the letter that you used?

I have been hoping that PC would make the fundraising better for years! We can explain how people get the full value of products, etc....but once they hear that 15%, they get turned off. Even if you donate your comission, it's less than they can get with "other" programs.

I agree Lacy. Pampered Chef products are so awesome and I believe that they would sell like hotcakes for a fundraiser, but it's when things like this happen. Today I was discussing the family fundraiser that I did with my mom. She flat out said to me "So, that $50 that I spent on products, only $7.50 went to the Medical Fund." Talk about making me feel terrible. Why can't we donate more? They are already cutting our commission down when we hold fundraisers, so let's increase the donation amount in return. I would say make it levels... sales of up to $1000 get 15%, up to $2500 get 17%, etc... make it worth the organization's time and effort that they are putting forth to sell our products for us.

nikkijo said:
What some consultants do is turn the show in as a cooking show and keep the rewards for themselves and turn around and write a check for for 20% to the group from their checking account. Even if you have the whole catalog you can use the extra items for incentives.

That's a great idea but I need the money more than I need incentives. I know it may pay in the long run for more incentives but I do not have the extra money to be able to do that.

I like the idea of a raffle to make them get more money. You could even raffle on top of the funrdraiser if you wanted to. That way if you did a small raffle to kick in the people would feel they were having a chance to get more. You could do a "split the pot" and half it between the winner and the organization if you did not want to worry about selling so many to have different levels if you were doing it in addition to the fundrasier.

Last edited:
I like the idea of the raffle too, and of doing it as an actual show. Any ideas will help- I feel guilty with it being so liitle also.

I did a catalog fundraiser in November and took the advice I found here: I donated most of my commission (10% so they would get 25% of sales). It pained me to write the check...but I received over 10 bookings from it and it's also generated a couple follow-on orders via my website.

Now I donate 15% so the charity organization gets a full 30% of sales. I also like that it allows me to give back to the community.

Anyway..those are my thoughts on it. :)

kris

Has anyone seen the fundraiser info for May yet? Apparently the HO is usong a sliding scale so that organizations can make more from the fundraiser. Up to 25% is what I have seen. I am not sure but I think that our commision rate stays the same and only the donation amount increases. then again I could have it backwards I am not sure. Has anyone else heard or seen this? or am I just dreaming

I sold for the other kitchen company (TW) for years. They have a pretty good program. The organization makes 40% BUT they have a separate catalog and ALL the products are marked up almost 40%.

So like I saw in a flier that was posted on here, we need to let everyone know that we are not "marking up" the products just so they can make more money. They are just buying product out right and PC is donating the money out of a good gesture. It's all about how we present it. I wish it were more too, but it is what it is. All these fundraiser companies mark their products up almost double in order to give the organization their profit. With PC they are getting their products at the actual value, not an inflatted amount.

My primary reason for joining Pampered Chef was to do fundaisers - I honestly almost didn't sign up because I was disappointed in how little went to the organization. 95% of my business is fundraisers for cancer research. I give my base commision to the participants for the organization but you can see that I get real excited about promotions (consultant incentives) because I really don't make any money. Thankfully I am just a few dollars away from hitting 15K and getting a raise.

Kat

Folks - ! Have you seen what else is out there for fundraisers? "Why can't we donate more? They are already cutting our commission down when we hold fundraisers, so let's increase the donation amount in return. I would say make it levels... sales of up to $1000 get 15%, up to $2500 get 17%, etc... make it worth the organization's time and effort that they are putting forth to sell our products for us."

Think about this: Fundraisers are not to "Make" money - either for PC, or for consultants. (really, they don't make money!) They are a Customer Service. So that PC doesn't actually lose money on them, their check amount to the organizations is low. They still have to pay your upline, and all the people that facilitate your order.

Solution: Don't think of them as money makers! Think of them as EXPOSURE, and as Future Business. With that in mind, you MUST think of them differently, than just another Cooking Show. Get more guests, or get the bulk of the show in Outside Orders. Offer to do a demo at the school/ church/ youth event, as a culminating event to collect orders.

We are providing an incredible service with our fundraisers - wonderfully awesome PC products, and the entire line of those products. Some other 'catalog companies' offer cheapy crappy things that barely meet customers needs, with NO customer service or guarantee. Our items are quality through and through.

Change your perspective on this - it's a service... You are not the beneficiary, they are!

Here's the letterI paste to every envelope. Inside the envelope is some order forms and 1 catalog. On the other side of the envelope I paste the guest special.

Attachments

• Nathanfundraiser.doc
    27 KB · Views: 384
scottcooks said:
Folks - ! Have you seen what else is out there for fundraisers? "Why can't we donate more? They are already cutting our commission down when we hold fundraisers, so let's increase the donation amount in return. I would say make it levels... sales of up to $1000 get 15%, up to $2500 get 17%, etc... make it worth the organization's time and effort that they are putting forth to sell our products for us."

Think about this: Fundraisers are not to "Make" money - either for PC, or for consultants. (really, they don't make money!) They are a Customer Service. So that PC doesn't actually lose money on them, their check amount to the organizations is low. They still have to pay your upline, and all the people that facilitate your order.

Solution: Don't think of them as money makers! Think of them as EXPOSURE, and as Future Business. With that in mind, you MUST think of them differently, than just another Cooking Show. Get more guests, or get the bulk of the show in Outside Orders. Offer to do a demo at the school/ church/ youth event, as a culminating event to collect orders.

We are providing an incredible service with our fundraisers - wonderfully awesome PC products, and the entire line of those products. Some other 'catalog companies' offer cheapy crappy things that barely meet customers needs, with NO customer service or guarantee. Our items are quality through and through.

Change your perspective on this - it's a service... You are not the beneficiary, they are!

Wonderfully said and VERY true! Thank you for making sure we have the right perspective on Fundraisers!

Scott, thanks for that.... that's what I NEEDED to hear! I know that if I change my outlook on them, that I can be more successful with them. Thanks! :)

I also offer $20 per booking--I at least get MAYBES to continue to work on---they will get $3 up front and the other $27 when show is held

I too only advertise it as 25%--sometimes as a show--I get products (as at Christmastime was great) or they get the 15% from PC and I write a check for 10% --left with 10% (I'm a Director) for my costs

I mostly only do fundraisers for the points or new customers:D

I would like to do more fundraisers throughout 2007 to earn more points but I'm not sure where to turn. I approached the school, but was told that they already have their fundraisers set for the year. Any other ideas on the types of groups that I could contact?

Private preschools, cheerleading groups, football cubs, baseball,softball, and teeball clubs, Relay for life organizations, Women's clubs. All of these organizations can benefit and need to try new things. I agree with scottcooks but I usually don't get a lot of leads from my fundraisers unfortunately. but still trying. Hope this list helps!!

One thing I've been thinking about doing, and just NOT sure how to do it, is say that I'll donate $1.00 for each _____ Sold, I'm thinking like the Large Bar Pan or Small Sauté Pan, something where it costs more, but then I'll be "making" more and can afford to donate that.

What do you think??

Lisa

PS,
I also donate part of my commission, so I don't "make" on fundraiser, but it gives you exposure and hopefully booking from it.

That's a great idea to promote the higher priced items and then donate a dollar or something to the organization. I like that idea a lot!

I would be careful about offering your whole commission. You are, after all, spending money on catalogs and supplies to do the fundraiser in the first place.

I also, as Scott suggested, offer a percentage of my commission based on sales.

The new sliding scale for fundraisers is for HWC fundraisers that go through PC to the American Cancer Society. Any other fundraisers you hold for Relay for Life or any other organization do not get the extra, even if they are held in May. It has to be DIRECTLY through PC.

chefkitty said:
Has anyone seen the fundraiser info for May yet? Apparently the HO is usong a sliding scale so that organizations can make more from the fundraiser. Up to 25% is what I have seen. I am not sure but I think that our commision rate stays the same and only the donation amount increases. then again I could have it backwards I am not sure. Has anyone else heard or seen this? or am I just dreaming

found this posted on another thread
"Fundraiser donations for HWC shows will increase. Up to $299 will be 15%, $300-499 will be 20% and $500+ will be 25%!! "

a whole lot of info about the new "Stuff" is in the files under "announcement" or "announcements flyer"

photochef said:
found this posted on another thread
"Fundraiser donations for HWC shows will increase. Up to $299 will be 15%, $300-499 will be 20% and $500+ will be 25%!! "

a whole lot of info about the new "Stuff" is in the files under "announcement" or "announcements flyer"
That is correct, but it will ONLY be for HWC fundraisers this May.

Although I always donate above and beyond what the company gives, through my commission or products, etc, I make sure that the organizations realizes that the customers are getting quality products at a real value price, not just cheap overpriced junk that they are just being forced to buy. We don't raise the prices of our products for fund raisers. We lower our commissions. So we're already donating in that way. Isn't it better for the customer to get a top tier quality product for the "real" price instead of one dollar's worth of wrapping paper for $10? JMHO.

I typed this up directly from the WOW month program that a fellow director took.

Pampered Chef Fundraiser vs. a Candy Bar Fundraiser

 Most candy bar fundraisers yield a 50% profit – pretty high.
 When a candy bar sells for $1 – the group makes…($0.50 a piece).
 If each person on a 10-person team/group sells a $50 box – then each member made how much money? (50% of $50 equals $25)
 $25 x 10 members =$250
 How does 50% of $1 compare to 15% of $60? (Avg. PC order w/free gift)
 15% of $60 = $9.00
 If each member collects just 5 $60 orders each, that’s 50 $60 orders. That’s a $3,000 fundraiser. 15% of $3,000 is $450 - $200 (80%) MORE than the Candy Bar Fundraiser even though the Candy Bar Fundraiser brought in 50% profit!

Think of the possibilities when you hold a cooking show fundraiser for that group. If each member and that members parents gets 5 people to attend the fundraiser, and each of those 5 brings a guest…the possibilities are endless!

The best fundraiser is when you have an excited chairperson!

1. Is The Pampered Chef Fundraiser Program Worth It?

It ultimately depends on your personal experience and the amount of effort you put into promoting and hosting the fundraiser. Some individuals have had successful experiences with the program, while others have expressed dissatisfaction with the amount of funds donated.

2. Is there any talk of revamping the fundraiser program?

There is no official announcement from Pampered Chef about revamping their fundraiser program. However, it is always a good idea to reach out to the company directly and provide feedback or suggestions for improvement.

3. What percentage of sales does the group receive from the fundraiser?

Currently, the group receives 15% of sales from the fundraiser. This means that for every $1000 in sales, the group would receive $150.

4. Can the percentage of donation be increased?

There is no information available about Pampered Chef increasing the percentage of donation for fundraisers. However, it is worth reaching out to the company and expressing your concerns and suggestions.

5. Should I be worried about the amount of funds donated for my fundraiser?

It is understandable to be concerned about the amount of funds donated for your fundraiser. However, it is important to keep in mind that the success of a fundraiser also depends on factors such as promotion and participation. It may be helpful to communicate openly with the group about the expected donation amount and to set realistic goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ltkacz
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
  • sigmaqt95