• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Fundraiser Profits for Your Organization with theFundraiser Program

In summary, I think that if you are upfront about the profit percentage, people are more likely to want to participate.
MeesMom3
I was wondering how everyone felt about the PC fundraiser program. I'm wanting to promote our fundraisers for church groups and daycares, but in all honesty, I'm a little embarrassed to say they can get up to 15%. When I mention this, most of the time, the response I get is "we were looking for something with a higher profit percentage". I really want to do fundraisers as I think that they will lead to many new recruits and customers, but the 15% profit doesn't seem appealing to most people. I know that consultants pay is also a factor, but still...... I guess what I'm asking is do y'all think the profit percentage should be higher, lower, or stay the same for organizations?

I think it should be higher - I started my business just to do fundraisers but I end up giving a lot of my commission by my choice. I feel like if I drop it down then I will get let fundraisers

I do agree that the rate should be higher, but then again.....like has been said time and time again.......PC doesn't up the price of their products for profit. All these other companies increase their product prices and therefore they can offer a greater %.

I'm torn about the whole fundraiser. I don't push it, but then I mention it. I'm not going to turn someone down who wants to try.

Kathytnt said:
I think it should be higher - I started my business just to do fundraisers but I end up giving a lot of my commission by my choice. I feel like if I drop it down then I will get let fundraisers

A lady in my cluster did the exact same thing. Her church youth group needs to raise funds for summer camp and some of the kids REALLY needed the fundraiser. So she made up packets for each kid and they sold on their own. She kept track of each kids sales and gave them each their own 15% profit. She had 1 kid that worked really hard at it, even went door to door. He sold over $500, but he's only going to get $75.00! So because he was the highest seller in the group, she is giving him $100.00 "camp cash" to put towards the camp.

hoosierchef said:
I do agree that the rate should be higher, but then again.....like has been said time and time again.......PC doesn't up the price of their products for profit. All these other companies increase their product prices and therefore they can offer a greater %.

I'm torn about the whole fundraiser. I don't push it, but then I mention it. I'm not going to turn someone down who wants to try.

I agree, some companies do raise the price, but there are several that don't. For instance, their are 3 candles companies in my surrounding area that do not mark the prices any higher than their retail price. And as popular as candles are, I can't compete with a 40 - 50% profit margin, and regular retail prices. I certainly won't turn down anyone that wants it either, but my problem is actually finding someone that DOES want it. Like you, I'm torn about it as well. I just know that there is potential for a TON of new leads by doing fundraisers, I just can't get anyone to bite!

I'm embarrased to even mention that we do fundraisers. In another lifetime, I did fundraising for another direct sales company. Their profit margin was 50%and I actually made about $22,000 in one month. I'll mention fundraising, but I won't push them.

Ok, so I emailed HO about it. I'm sure I wasn't the first person to do this and probably won't be the last. Maybe if enough people inquire about it, they will change it someday...we'll see.

I think the percentage is a little low, but I LOVE that they can order from the whole catalog, not a limited selection, and also that they pay regular, not inflated prices. I think if you have a decent sized group, it can go really well.

Actually our percentage really isn't so uncompetative. When you think about the pricing (and quality) of our items. Yeah the 15% sounds a little low, but when you actually do the math it's pretty good. On a food chopper that's over $4.00....compare that to 50% of a candybar. Here's a nice breakdown that I found out here a while ago that helps to explain the earnings in a fundraiser. hth!

Attachments

• fundraiser breakdown.doc
    30 KB · Views: 243
I got my first fundraiser last night. It is for a church day care. When I explained that most companies have a "special" catalog and that they jack the prices up the director was surprised in some ways and not in others. She was aware that Tupperware did it. When I explained it is the regular catalog and how wrapping paper and cookie dough is gone after its use yet PC products are around for almost a lifetime she was very interested. I am going to put packets together for the families (21 of them) including a catalog, OOF and cooking show invitations to pass out. We are then actually going to do a cooking show on May 2. I am so excited.

pkd09 said:
I got my first fundraiser last night. It is for a church day care. When I explained that most companies have a "special" catalog and that they jack the prices up the director was surprised in some ways and not in others. She was aware that Tupperware did it. When I explained it is the regular catalog and how wrapping paper and cookie dough is gone after its use yet PC products are around for almost a lifetime she was very interested. I am going to put packets together for the families (21 of them) including a catalog, OOF and cooking show invitations to pass out. We are then actually going to do a cooking show on May 2. I am so excited.

Good luck!! I also have my first fundraiser beginning on Saturday! I haven't really pushed them too much, but I have started to mention them. I also talk about the other perks... and for this one, I donated 2 gift baskets for their silent auction...so that will help bring in some money to help offset the lower profit.

Good luck with your fundraisers. May they be great successes.

I think it's low also. I always give 10% of my commission to the organization. I pretty much premote 25% of sales (since all of mine have gone over $600). I've done 4 that have been very successful - over $1000 in sales each. The plus I see is bookings (always get at least one), higher show sales, not as much work (mine are usually catalog type with some having an "open house" ending) and incentive points! Plus it can help raise your commission on the other shows to the next level - you know 27% instead of 25% etc. This month I had two fundraisers that were both over $1000 and I had $6000+ in sales! It's good to do them in months when we have sell-a-thons too, then you earn free product. Just my input!
Joanne

FundraisersI agree that our fundraisers should be a little higher to compete. I mean 10-15% is not much. I also think that people love to spend their money on products that they can actually use.
I really stress this when pushing my fundraisers. No I can't compete with 40-50% from a candle company, krispy kremes, candy bars, or even some knick knack catalogs, BUT
My products are better quality and we have a good selection for every budget. I mean I love candles, krispy kremes, candy bars, and some knick knacks but I won't spend more than $5-10 on these products even if it is a fundraiser.
People who know they will have a tool that will last day after day for years, we also have great warranties, will be more likely to spend more money because they will get what they are getting something worth the money they are spending.
Personally I have already gotten two fundraisers from an ASL Club and from a Leukemia Society organization in town. I hope they are successful, I will keep you all posted. And just because I want to, I add incentives for highest sellers, and even do a 10 for 10 FREE giveaway.
Sell 10 of an item and get that item FREE. Get friends, family, neighbors, etc involved and mention the incentive. Sell 10 large round stones and get yours FREE plus your orders will help the organization reach their fundraising goal!

Debbie :D

[ And just because I want to, I add incentives for highest sellers, and even do a 10 for 10 FREE giveaway.
Sell 10 of an item and get that item FREE. Get friends, family, neighbors, etc involved and mention the incentive. Sell 10 large round stones and get yours FREE plus your orders will help the organization reach their fundraising goal!

Debbie :D[/QUOTE]

Debbie, I really like the idea of sell 10 get, that item free! I may have to try that. I am meeting with the ladies group of my church tonight for a HWC fundraiser and I may just have to offer that! Thanks for the tip. What's great about your area is if you wanted to, you can offer SO MANY outside incentives to your customers like Fiesta Texas or Sea World Tickets, downtown stuff.....sigh......I just love San Antonio!!

Here is my flyer!Here is the flyer I am using for an upcoming fundraiser. You can use it if you want to, and change anything you want to have it suit your needs. I named it 10 of a Kind Special.

Debbie :D

Attachments

• 10 of a kind.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:
I just went to Director Training Day at HO yesterday and Doreen Grass told us to E-MAIL THEM!!

If you have any ideas, concerns or tips, E-MAIL THEM!! They can't change what they don't know about....

I also give an additional 5% to most of my Fundraisers. It is a tax write off and I feel good about doing something for an organization that trusts me enough to work with them.

1. What is the Pampered Chef Fundraiser Program?

The Pampered Chef Fundraiser Program is a unique opportunity for organizations, schools, and community groups to raise funds by selling high-quality kitchen and cooking products from Pampered Chef.

2. How does the Fundraiser Program work?

Organizations can sign up for the Fundraiser Program and receive a personalized online fundraising link. They can then share this link with their supporters, who can shop for Pampered Chef products directly through the link. A portion of the sales will be donated to the organization.

3. What types of organizations are eligible for the Fundraiser Program?

Any organization, school, or community group can participate in the Pampered Chef Fundraiser Program. This includes sports teams, churches, charities, and more.

4. How much money can an organization raise through the Fundraiser Program?

The amount an organization can raise through the Fundraiser Program varies based on the number of participants and their sales. On average, organizations can earn 15-20% of the total sales. Pampered Chef also offers bonuses and incentives for higher sales.

5. Are there any upfront costs or fees for participating in the Fundraiser Program?

No, there are no upfront costs or fees for participating in the Fundraiser Program. Pampered Chef provides all marketing materials and handles the order processing and delivery. Organizations only need to promote their personalized fundraising link to their supporters.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ltkacz
  • MissKris
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Cassie1037
  • raebates