• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Quick Power Cooking for Show Guests Feasible?

In summary, the consultant did a Power Cooking Chicken show using the DCB. They found that it was a quick and easy show to do and that it showcased the DCB well.
jj16
Gold Member
Has anyone done this at your show? If so can you really do it in a manageable amount of time? I would love to offer this but I don't want it to take so long that the guests don't want to book a show. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

jj16:confused:

I did a Power Cooking Chicken show on Friday night as well as last night. Both times, I prepared the same dishes, and they came out beautifuly; the hosts and guests really liked it.

For timeliness, for each show, I cooked the chicken in the DCB at my house and transported it to the hosts house. When the guests showed up, I put a duplicate chicken in the microwave and cooked it while I talked about my business, the interactive show concept, and mentioned other products, etc

Also, while the second chicken is cooking, it gave the guests time to sample how moist and delicious a microwaved bird can be. After the nibbles, I took off some of the chicken and let the guests make the Broccoli & Chicken Stir Fry. As that dish is completed, the second chicken is done. We all nibble on the second bird, too.

Doing it this way gives me a chance to demonstrate how easy the chicken is to make, showcases the DCB in the microwave, lets guests see how well the DCB maintains heat to keep the chicken nice and hot, and so forth.

I'd be interested in hearing how other consultants do a Power Cooking show, too.

WOW - The Power Cooking shows are all about preparation. You can make it a super fast "assembly" show by just precooking the beef (have your hostess do it) in a 12" skillet, add a bit of onion and garlic.Have all the ingredients in stations around a table, or around a large kitchen island, and assign guests to each station (3 stations could be everyone counts off into 3's). My power cooking beef show took 45 minutes by the guests doing all the measuring and adding to large ziploc bags. Be creative with measuring items - use a food prep bowl for 1 cup/ use your cutting board with measure cups / etc.I haven't been asked to do a power cooking chicken show, yet.

Related to Is Quick Power Cooking for Show Guests Feasible?

What is "Power Cooking" and how does it work?

"Power Cooking" is a cooking technique that involves quickly preparing a large quantity of food in a short amount of time. It works by using high heat and pressure to cook food faster and more efficiently.

Can I use any type of chicken or beef for "Power Cooking"?

Yes, you can use any type of chicken or beef for "Power Cooking". However, leaner cuts of meat will cook faster and more evenly.

What are the benefits of "Power Cooking" chicken and beef?

The main benefit of "Power Cooking" chicken and beef is the time saved in the cooking process. It can also help to retain more nutrients in the food and create more tender and flavorful meat.

What equipment do I need for "Power Cooking" chicken and beef?

You will need a pressure cooker or Instant Pot for "Power Cooking" chicken and beef. These devices use high pressure and heat to quickly cook the food.

Are there any safety precautions I should take when "Power Cooking" chicken and beef?

Yes, it is important to read and follow the instructions for your specific pressure cooker or Instant Pot. Be sure to release the pressure safely and handle the hot food and equipment with caution.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Loveh20mi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
Hathery
Replies
Views
Staci