• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Perfect Chicken Quantity for Your Next Power Cooking Show

In summary,The author is doing a power cooking show and is preparing the shopping list for the hostess. For the 3 chicken recipes they are doing, they will need 9 cups of cooked chicken. If you are using Market Day chicken breasts that are individually frozen, those seem smaller so the author would use 9 or 10. Sounds like a lot of chicken! The author needs to dig up her chicken power cooking recipes and provides a file.
mrssyvo
I am doing a power cooking show next week, and I am preparing the shopping list for the hostess. For the 3 chicken recipes we are doing, I will need 9 cups of cooked chicken- how many raw chicken breasts is that?

Wow, that's a good question. Those huge mongo chicken breats that seem to be sold these days....I would guess maybe 7 or 8? If you're using Market Day chicken breasts that are individually frozen, those seem smaller so I'd probably use 9 or 10. Sounds like a lot of chicken!! I need to dig up my chicken power cooking recipes...which ones are you doing?

P.S. It's so weird that your info at the left doesn't say Lombard, IL anymore!!!

I would say 3 per recipe. (approx 1 cup each)

I changed my address in my profile today- it does look weird, doesn't it. I have my last show in Lombard next week (the power cooking show)and busy trying to build my business here in Cedar Lake.
I have attached the power cooking file that I allowed her to chose from. of course, she chose the most difficult ones, but oh, well. I am going to have her cook the chicken prior to my arrival, since it is something she can do the night before. She should be able to poach them in water the night before. I think I will have her get 2 bags of frozen chicken breasts. That would be 6 pounds. Do you thinkthat would be enough?

Attachments

• PowerCookingRecipeHandout[1].doc
    103 KB · Views: 295
measurements1 chicken breast = about 1 cup

mrssyvo said:
I changed my address in my profile today- it does look weird, doesn't it. I have my last show in Lombard next week (the power cooking show)and busy trying to build my business here in Cedar Lake.
I have attached the power cooking file that I allowed her to chose from. of course, she chose the most difficult ones, but oh, well. I am going to have her cook the chicken prior to my arrival, since it is something she can do the night before. She should be able to poach them in water the night before. I think I will have her get 2 bags of frozen chicken breasts. That would be 6 pounds. Do you thinkthat would be enough?
That sounds like plenty to me!

If you are having her cook them ahead, be sure to tell her to "barely simmer" the water. If you boil it, you will get very tough chicken! Almost a simmer (a few slow bubbles here and there) will help it to stay tender!

forget it, I can't read. :)

1. How much cooked chicken do I need for a recipe?

The amount of cooked chicken needed for a recipe will depend on the specific recipe and the number of servings desired. As a general rule, a single serving of cooked chicken is about 3-4 ounces. Therefore, if a recipe calls for 4 servings, you will need 12-16 ounces of cooked chicken.

2. How can I ensure that my cooked chicken is fully cooked?

The best way to ensure that your chicken is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer. The safe internal temperature for cooked chicken is 165°F. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken to check for doneness.

3. Can I freeze cooked chicken?

Yes, cooked chicken can be frozen for later use. Make sure to cool the chicken completely before placing it in an airtight container or freezer bag. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 4 months.

4. How long can cooked chicken be stored in the refrigerator?

Cooked chicken can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Make sure to store it in an airtight container or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.

5. Can I reheat cooked chicken?

Yes, cooked chicken can be reheated. The best method is to reheat it in the oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes. You can also reheat it in the microwave, but be careful not to overcook it as it can become dry and rubbery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedpsalmstress
  • accooks13
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies
Views
Hathery