• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Make Perfectly Juicy Chicken Drumsticks Without Drying Them Out?

In summary, to cook chicken drumsticks in a low-carb way, moisten them with water, sprinkle them with buffalo rub, and cook them in a 350 oven for about 30-45 minutes.
babywings76
Gold Member
What is a good way to cook chicken drumsticks? I'm on a low-carb diet right now and bought a pack of chicken drumsticks and am trying to decide how I want to cook them (and what to season them with.) Normally I'd try just some BBQ sauce, but I'm staying away from sugar right now. My other concern is making sure they don't dry out. Any tips?

Okay, that sounds delicious! Thanks a bunch! I'm making it for tomorrow night, so I can run and get the few ingredients I'm missing for it.

babywings76 said:
What is a good way to cook chicken drumsticks? I'm on a low-carb diet right now and bought a pack of chicken drumsticks and am trying to decide how I want to cook them (and what to season them with.) Normally I'd try just some BBQ sauce, but I'm staying away from sugar right now. My other concern is making sure they don't dry out. Any tips?

I would just moisten them with water, throw some buffalo rub on them, put them in a 350 oven for about 30-45 minutes depending on size. You can then, if wanted, make a dip with blue cheese, greek yogurt and more buffalo rub. Serve with celery!

I've cooked chicken drumsticks (and other chicken parts) just as you would the 30 min. chicken in the DCB. I've used the seasoning mix that is recommended for the 30 min. chicken as well as just sprinkled on any of the PC rubs, plus salt & pepper. The chicken has always come out moist & delicious - and you don't have to turn the oven on!

Do you cook it in the DCB with the lid on or off. I just made it the other day and had the lid on. Looked at the recipe the next day and noticed it said to do it without the lid. Oops!

Teresa LM said:
Do you cook it in the DCB with the lid on or off. I just made it the other day and had the lid on. Looked at the recipe the next day and noticed it said to do it without the lid. Oops!

I have done it both ways, but even if I cook the chicken with the lid off, I always put it back on during the resting phase. I think having the cover on may speed up the cooking time by a minute or two.

What are some tips for cooking chicken drumsticks in the oven?

To ensure juicy and flavorful chicken drumsticks, it is important to preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and pat the drumsticks dry with paper towels before seasoning. Place the drumsticks on a greased baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through. Using a meat thermometer, check that the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit before removing from the oven.

How long should I marinate chicken drumsticks before cooking?

It is recommended to marinate chicken drumsticks for at least 4 hours, but ideally overnight. This allows the flavors to fully infuse into the meat and results in a more tender and flavorful chicken.

Can I grill chicken drumsticks instead of baking them?

Yes, chicken drumsticks can also be grilled for a delicious and smoky flavor. Preheat your grill to medium heat and cook the drumsticks for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally. Again, make sure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit before serving.

What are some tasty seasoning options for chicken drumsticks?

There are many options for seasoning chicken drumsticks, such as a simple salt and pepper rub, a tangy BBQ sauce, or a spicy jerk seasoning. You can also experiment with different herbs and spices, like garlic, paprika, or cumin, to create your own unique flavor combinations.

How can I tell if chicken drumsticks are done cooking?

The best way to tell if chicken drumsticks are done cooking is to use a meat thermometer. As mentioned before, the internal temperature should reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Alternatively, you can also cut into the thickest part of the drumstick to check for any pinkness or use a fork to see if the juices run clear.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gnlf
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gnlf
  • Kate0831
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
Replies