• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Greek Seasoning for Greek Chicken Pitas??

In summary, the author is looking for ideas on how to make a greek chicken pita and also wants to know how to make the greek sauce. She found a recipe online and is going to try it out with different herbs.
pamperedbecky
Here's another thread about the Greek Seasoning.:eek: I want to grill out tonight (it's finally nice and warm!!!) and wanted to make some sort of greek chicken pita. I thought I'd season the chicken breasts with the greek rub and also wanted to make some sort of that greek sauce (Tzatziki Sauce if I spelled that right) to put in a pita with sliced chicken and cucumbers. Any clue how to make that sauce?? I will also do a search on the internet for it, but thought I'd see if anyone here has made it, maybe using the greek seasoning? I'm getting hungry! I may also cook up some cubed potatoes with some kind of seasoning in the grill basket. Yum!!!

Any thoughts or suggestions???

The Food Network site has a recipe for Tzatziki with the Good Eats recipes. It's sour cream, cucumber and garlic. mmm.... That sounds like a great dinner!I've made potatoes in the grlll basket (garlic oil and some powdered horseradish) and they were great!!

I should look there too.....I was just looking for some yummy grilled potatoes that Bobby Flay did yesterday, but found an even better one by him! Here's the Tzitzki sauce I found on some other site.

INGREDIENTS
2 (8 ounce) containers plain yogurt
2 cucumbers - peeled, seeded and diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 lemon, juiced
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
3 cloves garlic, peeled

Here's Bobby Flay's Greek Potatoes with Lemon Vinaigrette (

1 1/2 cups olive oil
6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 large shallot, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano, or 1 tablespoon dried
1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley, plus more for garnish
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 pounds large russet potatoes, cleaned, each cut lengthwise into 6 wedges
1/2 cup chicken stock or canned low-sodium chicken broth

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, shallots, garlic, oregano, and parsley in a medium bowl to blend; season with salt and pepper.

Toss potatoes with 1/2 cup vinaigrette on a heavy, large, rimmed baking sheet. Reserve the remaining vinaigrette. Pour chicken stock around potatoes and season potatoes with salt and pepper. Roast potatoes until tender and golden brown, turning occasionally, about 45 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette and more chopped parsley.

I'm going to cut back on the olive oil. One and a half cups!! Yikes. I'm going to do them on the bar pan, but maybe sometime I'll try them in the grill basket. I suppose instead of some of those herbs, I can just use the greek rub. I think I'll try that.

Thanks, Ann!!!

1. How do I use the Greek Seasoning for Greek Chicken Pitas?

To use the Greek Seasoning for Greek Chicken Pitas, simply sprinkle a generous amount onto your chicken before cooking. You can also mix the seasoning with olive oil to create a marinade for your chicken. For extra flavor, sprinkle some of the seasoning onto your pita bread or vegetables before cooking.

2. What ingredients are included in the Greek Seasoning?

Our Greek Seasoning for Greek Chicken Pitas contains a blend of dried herbs and spices such as oregano, thyme, garlic, and onion. It also includes a touch of lemon for a bright, citrusy flavor.

3. Is the Greek Seasoning gluten-free?

Yes, our Greek Seasoning for Greek Chicken Pitas is gluten-free. We understand the importance of accommodating dietary restrictions and strive to offer a variety of products that can be enjoyed by all.

4. Can I use the Greek Seasoning on other types of meat?

While our Greek Seasoning is specifically designed for chicken, it can also be used on other types of meat such as pork, lamb, or fish. It adds a delicious Greek-inspired flavor to any protein.

5. How long will the Greek Seasoning last?

The Greek Seasoning for Greek Chicken Pitas has a shelf life of 2-3 years when stored in a cool, dry place. Make sure to seal the container tightly after each use to maintain freshness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
CathyP
Replies
Views
wadesgirl