• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make a Greek Salad and Torta at the Same Show with Allergies in Mind?

In summary, the woman wants to do a Greek Salad but none of the 6 o'clock salad recipes work for her because she has food allergies/sensitivities. She asks if the host has a Greek Salad recipe and the host finds one online. The woman will make the salad and the Greek Torta, and she will also add pasta to the recipe.
AnthemChef
I just booked a show with a women who has a lot of food allergies/sensitivities. She really wants to do a salad at her show, but neither of the 6 o'clock salad recipes work for her (darn! I want to make the avocado/grapefruit one!).

She asked if we had a Greek Salad recipe, which I did find online... but it doesn't seem like it showcases many products. Just the mandoline and the measure, mix & pour, really. I'm also tossing the idea around to add chicken to the recipe, so I can show off our cookware. I definitely want to do more, so I SELL more!!!!

I never do more than one recipe, but I thought I might make an exception this time... should I try to make the salad AND the Greek Torta?? Would that be too much?

Thanks in advance for any input!

You could add pasta to it. This will show off the cookware & the NEW colander set as well. I'm not sure what cook book the greek salad is in, but you can also add lots of other items as well to show off some knives & things....HTH

I have a friend that is seriously allergic to so many things it is easier to talk about things she CAN have! She loves basic chicken, cut in strips and cooked in olive oil with a little salt and pepper and garlic. While she mixes everything in the pan as it cooks and eyeballs it, you could
measure oil with the EAMSpoon, garlic press some garlic in, cut up the chicken with the forged cutlery on the bar board, mix it all up in the batter bowl to coat with the mix'n stir (even mix in the pan to talk about heat resistant).Maybe make croûtons in the style of the cheeseburger salad to go with it (even if host has wheat allergy, others would enjoy) to add in the stoneware collection.

The greek torta is fabulous!!! I honestly didn't think I'd like it, but it was sooooooo good!

I think I will stick with just the salad recipe to make things easier (I don't like the idea of making two things - I'm scattered enough as it is!!). I will definitely add the chicken, so I can use the cookware and garlic press. Plus I'll be a little more creative with how we cut up the veggies - cutlery, mandoline, choppers, etc... Thanks for the crouton idea - sounds good!!

I would do the salad recipe and then ask her to get a potato and do the potato demo, and then do your stoneware talk and cookware talk anyway. A good addition to any salad any time is the garlic pull apart breads--I know the original recipe is to bake them in the cookware but I always use the deep dish baker and then I can talk about the stone. Turn it over onto the SA round platter and you talk about SA. Do the cookware demo where you burn the rice--that way you can talk about the cookware.

I don't know what the potato and burned rice demos are.... I'm still pretty new!!

You can use a potato to show different tools (mandoline, peelers, knives, etc) and the burned rice is setting a pan with water and rice on the stove and "forget" about it. By the time you remember, it's burnt on there so bad in a normal pan it would never come out. But in PC cookware it slides right out.

1. What ingredients are traditionally included in a Greek salad?

A traditional Greek salad typically includes tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, kalamata olives, feta cheese, and a simple dressing of olive oil and red wine vinegar. Some variations may also include bell peppers, capers, or oregano.

2. Can I make a Greek salad without using feta cheese?

Yes, you can definitely make a Greek salad without feta cheese. You can substitute it with a different type of cheese like goat cheese or even leave it out entirely for a vegan option.

3. Is there a specific type of lettuce that should be used for a Greek salad?

Traditionally, Greek salads do not include lettuce. However, if you prefer to add some greens, you can use any type of lettuce you like. Romaine or mixed greens are popular choices.

4. What is the best way to cut the vegetables for a Greek salad?

The vegetables for a Greek salad are typically cut into bite-sized pieces. You can chop them into cubes or slice them, depending on your preference. It's important to make sure the pieces are similar in size for even distribution in the salad.

5. Can I prepare a Greek salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare a Greek salad ahead of time. However, it's best to wait to add the dressing until right before serving to prevent the vegetables from getting soggy. You can also prep the ingredients separately and combine them when ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kitchendivinity
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefinbiz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
Replies