• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I elevate a plain salad for a Pampered Chef show?

In summary, if you want to make a salad with a Caesar dressing, you'll need the new mix and pour, the egg slicer, the carrousel cutter, the cheese grater, and the dots bowl. If you want to add bacon, you'll need the bar pan in the oven, the kitchen shears, and the chicken breasts.
chefw
hey all,
I have a show Friday and the hostess just wants me to demonstrate a "salad" - a good ol', plain salad. Any ideas and tips on the different veggies/tools I can use? I'm thinking
cucumber - mandoline
eggs/olives - egg slicer
carrot - crinkle cutter?
tomato - tomato knife
onion-food chopper
cheese - cheese grater
dots large round bowl to display the salad

any other suggestions? thanks!

Measure Mix & Pour for a dressing!

Remember the new salad chopper

hmm...don't have the mix, measure and pour OR the new salad chopper :(

zester/scorer to make the grooves down the cucumber
new corer to take the core out of tomato
broccoli new forged knife
colander bowls to drain veggies
vshaped cutter for radishes I cut around the middle then I have 2 "flowers"

dannyzmom said:
Measure Mix & Pour for a dressing!

Carolyn,

What recipe to you make in this? I tried the Ceasar one and did not like it.

The Colassal Chopped Salad in the new S/B cookbook (actually a recycled recipe from a couple of years ago!) is very good, and shows alot of tools.

If you want to add bacon, you should make it in the bar pan in the oven, then cut it with the kitchen shears.If you don't have some of the new tools, maybe you could borrow them from your director or cluster-mate for the night?I would also shred some fresh cheese on it with the deluxe cheese grater!

Colossal Chopped Salad!

ChefBeckyD said:
The Colassal Chopped Salad in the new S/B cookbook (actually a recycled recipe from a couple of years ago!) is very good, and shows alot of tools.

Was just going to suggest that one! I saw a Cooking Show Live with Marna Ross last spring and that's what she made.

jenniferknapp said:
If you want to add bacon, you should make it in the bar pan in the oven, then cut it with the kitchen shears.
Or chicken breast, too. Heck, saute some chicken in cookware, do bacon in stoneware, and you've covered both collections!

What are the essential ingredients for a delicious salad?

The key to a tasty salad is a variety of fresh, colorful ingredients. Some essential ingredients to include are leafy greens (such as lettuce or spinach), vegetables (such as tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers), protein (such as chicken, tofu, or chickpeas), and a flavorful dressing.

How can I make my salad more visually appealing?

Presentation is key when it comes to making a salad. To make your salad more visually appealing, try using a mix of different textures and colors. You can also arrange the ingredients in a visually pleasing way and top it off with a sprinkle of nuts or seeds for added texture.

What are some creative toppings to add to a salad?

The possibilities for salad toppings are endless! Some creative options to try are dried fruits (such as cranberries or raisins), roasted vegetables (such as beets or sweet potatoes), fresh herbs (such as cilantro or basil), and even cooked grains (such as quinoa or farro).

What is the best way to store leftover salad?

If you have leftover salad, it's best to store it in an airtight container in the fridge. To prevent the ingredients from getting soggy, keep the dressing separate and add it right before serving. Leftover salad can typically last 1-2 days in the fridge.

How can I make a salad that accommodates dietary restrictions?

Making a salad that accommodates dietary restrictions is easy with a little creativity. You can substitute traditional ingredients with gluten-free options, use plant-based protein sources, and experiment with different dressings that are dairy-free or vegan. Don't be afraid to get creative and tailor the salad to fit different dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• natural
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • lilscrapmama
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmelody
  • babywings76