• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Still OK to Serve 12-Year-Old Cool Whip?

In summary, Cool Whip is a non-dairy whipped topping made of water, hydrogenated vegetable oil, high fructose corn syrup, and other ingredients. An unopened container can last up to two weeks in the refrigerator. If it has passed the expiration date, it is still safe to consume within a few days, but best to discard if it has been several weeks. It can also be frozen for up to two months and should be thawed in the refrigerator before use. Signs that Cool Whip has gone bad include an off odor, sour taste, or separation. It is not safe to consume if it has been left out at room temperature for an extended period of time, as bacteria can grow quickly in perishable foods.
pcjulie
I was putting together my trifle for tonight's show and as I was finishing the last layer, I noticed the date on the bottom of the Cool Whip container. It said "Best by 12-16-06". It was in my spare freezer until yesterday and other than being a bit runny at the bottom it looked okay. Do you think it will be okay to serve?

I wouldn't worry about it.

Since Cool Whip is pretty much a "non-food" and it's been in your freezer, I would say it's fine. Not much to it except preservatives and sugar! (but what would we do without it?)

I agree...it should be fine!

Don't ask me...I'll eat pretty much anything. Bryan's favorite story is how we were watching the winter olympics and I was eating yogurt that had promo stuff on it from the SUMMER olympics 2 years earlier. I'm pretty sure he was exaggerating, but I don't know...as long as it looks okay and doesn't stink, it's all good!

What is Cool Whip and how long does it last?

Cool Whip is a brand of non-dairy whipped topping used as a substitute for whipped cream. It is made up of water, hydrogenated vegetable oil, high fructose corn syrup, and various other ingredients. An unopened container of Cool Whip can last for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.

Is it safe to consume Cool Whip that has passed its expiration date?

While Cool Whip does have an expiration date, it is still safe to consume if it has only been a few days past the date. However, if it has been several weeks, it is best to discard it.

Can I freeze Cool Whip?

Yes, you can freeze Cool Whip in its original container for up to two months. Just make sure to thaw it in the refrigerator before using it.

What are the signs that Cool Whip has gone bad?

If Cool Whip has gone bad, it will have an off odor, a sour taste, or will have separated. If you notice any of these signs, it is best to discard the product.

Can I still use Cool Whip if it has been left out at room temperature?

No, it is not safe to consume Cool Whip that has been left out at room temperature for an extended period of time. Bacteria can grow quickly in perishable foods, so it is best to refrigerate Cool Whip after use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
mellissacooks4you
  • lilscrapmama
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies