• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Safe to Use Wilton Baking Strips on an 8 Mini Baker Stone?

In summary, baking strips are fabric or silicone strips that are wrapped around a cake pan to provide insulation and prevent uneven baking. They can be reused and are useful for round, square, and rectangular cakes, but may not be as effective for bundt cakes. When using baking strips with a springform pan, make sure they are snug against the pan. Baking strips can also help prevent a domed cake top, but it is important to use the correct amount of leavening and level the cake batter properly before baking.
Chef.Wanda
Gold Member
The wilton baking strips. Are they safe to use on our 8" round mini baker stone? I use this baker for my 8" round cakes.

I had never even heard of these and had to look them up to see what they were. Based on what I read I would say no - I think the stone would just absorb the moisture and dry out the strips. Also, the sides of our stones don't get hotter than the bottom like the metal pans do, which is what the description says the strips are for.

I would have to say I agree that they wouldn't hurt. But I also think they would be unnecessary in stoneware.

I've made cake in my mini baker - you don't need the strips if your baker is seasoned at all. Stoneware is made for even baking, while the wilton strips are made to create even baking in metal pans. Basically if you're using stoneware - you don't even need the strips, that's why stoneware is SO innovative!

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I can assure you that the Wilton baking strips are safe to use on our 8" round mini baker stone. In fact, they are specifically designed to fit our mini baker and will help ensure that your cakes bake evenly and come out perfectly every time. Happy baking!

1. What are baking strips and how do they work?

Baking strips are fabric or silicone strips that are wrapped around the outside of a cake pan before baking. They work by insulating the pan, allowing the cake to bake evenly and preventing the edges from overcooking.

2. Can baking strips be reused?

Yes, baking strips can be reused multiple times as long as they are cleaned and dried after each use. Fabric strips can be hand washed with soap and water, while silicone strips can be washed in the dishwasher.

3. Do baking strips work for all types of cakes?

While baking strips are most commonly used for round cakes, they can also be used for square and rectangular cakes. However, they may not be as effective for bundt cakes or other shaped pans.

4. How do I use baking strips with a springform pan?

To use baking strips with a springform pan, simply wrap the strips around the outside of the pan and secure them with the metal buckle. Make sure the strips are snug against the pan to ensure even baking.

5. Can baking strips help prevent a domed cake top?

Yes, baking strips can help prevent a domed cake top by keeping the edges from cooking too quickly and causing the center to rise. However, it is also important to use the correct amount of leavening and to properly level the cake batter before baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
cochef
  • Carissidy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
missydivine