• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Difficult to Keep "Holiday" Bookings?

)I usually have no problem booking shows in December, but this year I'm just slightly behind where I'd like to be. As another Military Wife I know what it's like to anticipate homecoming.... I hope and Pray that the issues going on in Korea won't affect his holiday leave!!! Know that there are many of us on this site that have been where you are and will be any support you might need in the comming months. Andrea: Thanks Ladies--- My director is doing an individual cluster challenge and I would love to reach the goal -- I'll try as hard as I can.....but now I'll be better prepared. Thanks!Nicole: I
pckimboyers
Hey all, This will be my first holiday season with PC and I'm wondering if you guys who have been with the company longer have noticed a trend in the season with difficulty in keeping your bookings. So far I have 3 booked for Nov., but none yet for Dec. I'm starting to tremble a bit-- when I think oh no it's going to be another JUNE!:eek: (my june was horrible) Any clues or advice would be greatly appreciated!

This is my first Holiday season with PC as well....... I am kind of wondering the same thing :) I don't want another June either that was really disappointing for me.

I had really high sales the later half of the year last year. November was my highest month last year. I earned level 2 of the incentive last December. I think the shows for the most part tend to hold because of getting Christmas presents. I already have 6 shows booked for November & that wasn't even trying to book November--that was the month everyone wanted. Which made me super excited when I found out that was our sell-a-thon month! I'm trying to hit level 3 this year!

I found December to be a little harder since it's closer to the holidays & people are busier. I plan on doing an open house that month as one show & hope to book a show or catalog show so I can get the December sales incentive.

Don't forget about after the new year though! I ended up with NO shows last January because I was so focused on the end of the year. It took me awhile to get back to where I was. This year I already have several leads for January. I may offer a dollar day incentive to get early January dates & to get them to stick!

I'm going to book up with catty shows and offer a free gift to all catty show hosts when they submit. I'm too busy with my day job in December to do anything but an open house with some other DS reps. I hope that works.

My Decembers are usually terrible. I try to push hard for Oct & the begining of November, but after Thanksgiving it seems like no one wants to have shows. My husband is coming home from Korea on his mid tour for the month of December so a slow month is what I need. I have one catalog show booked for Oct, none for November and 1 Cookie Exchange show scheduled for the 1st of Dec...otherwise, I need to get on the phone and come up with something to entice hostesses. Good luck!

Husband is coming home !!!!
nicolespcshows said:
My Decembers are usually terrible. I try to push hard for Oct & the begining of November, but after Thanksgiving it seems like no one wants to have shows. My husband is coming home from Korea on his mid tour for the month of December so a slow month is what I need. I have one catalog show booked for Oct, none for November and 1 Cookie Exchange show scheduled for the 1st of Dec...otherwise, I need to get on the phone and come up with something to entice hostesses. Good luck!

As another Military Wife I know what it's like to anticipate homecoming.... I hope and Pray that the issues going on in Korea won't affect his holiday leave!!! Know that there are many of us on this site that have been where you are and will be any support you might need in the comming months.
Andrea:eek: :eek:

Last edited:
Thanks Ladies--- My director is doing an individual cluster challenge and I would love to reach the goal -- I'll try as hard as I can.....but now I'll be better prepared. Thanks!

Nicole: I will say a prayer that he arrives safe and sound!

Kim: I didn't have a problem with last year at all. I think the important thing is to touch base frequently with your hosts and make sure you overbook in case they do happen to cancel/reschedule.

Last year I had a Christmas On-line sale that really helped my December sales. I already have 2 bookings for December, and I will be pushing catalog shows for the first part of the month.

November has always been one of my best months. December can be tough with the Xmas deadline; I just try to pack as many shows as I can in the first 2 weeks, then take the rest of the month off!

I do catalog/lunchtime shows for teachers etc.....the week after Thanksgiving, and first week of December. (count them all as Dec. shows - start them in Nov., but close in Dec. and give the hosts Dec. info and order forms) I really don't plan any shows after the 7th or 8th of Dec......I've never had any luck getting people to book for later than that. I do work days that I normally don't for that week, to get in as many as possible! Usually I'll end up with 3-4 Cooking shows, and 4-6 Catalog shows. The nice thing is - the Catalog shows turn out very well! Last year, my Cat. show total for Dec. was over $2500!! The other nice thing is - everything is turned in by the 15th, so it's a great Christmas paycheck!
I already have a Teacher Catalog show, and a Pediatrician's office Catalog show lined up for Dec. Both are starting right after Thanksgiving.
For Cooking Shows, I would suggest a Holiday Theme, and encourage people to invite their friends to come see their decorations! I do Cookie Exchanges, and Dip & Sip Entertaining theme shows....and this year I think I'm going to add Anne Pratt's idea of a "Last Minute Guests" theme.

Something ExtraI am putting my November and December hosts into a drawing for a FREE TURKEY (up to a $25.00 value). This will hopefully make people want to keep there shows!

I can't take credit for this idea. It's from my fabulous upline, Sue Burkhardt.

She books the first 9 or 10 days of December straight. Then she uses the next few days to close and submit those shows before the holiday order deadline. With this schedule, she can get a whole month worth of shows in one week.

To entice hosts to book for December (because it's all too easy for people to say, "I think I'll just wait until January"), she offers a special show for that month only, usually easy, impressive appetizers, but hands on. Guests love that they get to actually try to make the recipes, everyone gets great ideas for holiday entertaining (Sue gives them sheets with the recipes on it), and Sue's got more time to answer questions because she's not stuck making the recipe. And we all know that if you get a tool into a guest's hands during the show, they're likely to purchase it. :)

That's not to say that offering a little booking incentive to book and keep a December date won't help, too.

chefann said:
I can't take credit for this idea. It's from my fabulous upline, Sue Burkhardt.

Guests love that they get to actually try to make the recipes, everyone gets great ideas for holiday entertaining (Sue gives them sheets with the recipes on it), and Sue's got more time to answer questions because she's not stuck making the recipe. And we all know that if you get a tool into a guest's hands during the show, they're likely to purchase it. :)

I like to add a copy of the recipes I do for all my shows so they can try them out at home!:rolleyes:

Nov. and Dec. ShowsThis will also be my first PC Christmas season. So far I have two shows booked in Nov. and I hope to have another booked by the end of this week for Nov. I really want to get that Spring Product incentive. I might even do a catalog show and perhaps have it ready to send off for Dec. 1st, in case I can't get any bookings for Dec.

My big concern is getting shows for January. With everyone all partied out and low on money from the Christmas holidays, will I get any bookings?:eek:

ChefAggi said:
My big concern is getting shows for January. With everyone all partied out and low on money from the Christmas holidays, will I get any bookings?:eek:

That's a big concern of mine too. Last year I had NO shows in January & 1 in February (booked from a Dec. show). I mentioned this earlier, but I think I might offer a Dollar Days incentive if I have a hard time getting bookings for January. I do have 3 people that are interested in that month, but interested doesn't mean it will happen. I do have TONS of November shows already booked, so I'll wait & see if I get any bookings off of those before I start with the incentive. Don't want to have to spend my commission if I don't have to!:)

I had that problem last year, my first experience with after christmas shows...
I found only 3 interested Hosts wanting the 1.5 extra FREE product deal and only 3 for Feb. the Cookware special! Don't know what to expect this year??

Right now in Nov. I have a fundraiser, two cattys and two kitchen shows and I still have 4 Oct. shows left to do. Hopefully I will get more bookings from them. I plan on doing a phone/email sale late Nov/early Dec I haven't decided yet. I might push it to Dec so that helps w/ my 2 show goal. I already have two people who want to host in Jan. I might do the 12 days of December to try to get shows booked.

Related to Is It Difficult to Keep "Holiday" Bookings?

1. Is it difficult to keep my holiday party bookings as a Pampered Chef consultant?

While it can be challenging to maintain a consistent schedule during the busy holiday season, it is certainly not impossible to keep your holiday party bookings as a Pampered Chef consultant. With proper planning and communication, you can ensure that your customers have a positive experience and continue to book parties with you.

2. How can I maintain a good relationship with my holiday party hosts?

One of the best ways to maintain a good relationship with your holiday party hosts is to provide excellent customer service. Be responsive to their needs and questions, and make sure to follow up after the party to see if they need any additional assistance. Additionally, offering special incentives or rewards for holiday party hosts can help to keep them engaged and excited about hosting a party with you.

3. What are some effective ways to promote my holiday party bookings?

There are several effective ways to promote your holiday party bookings as a Pampered Chef consultant. Utilizing social media platforms, sending out personalized invitations, and hosting online events are all great ways to reach potential hosts and guests. You can also offer special holiday-themed products or discounts to entice customers to book a party with you.

4. How can I stand out from other consultants during the busy holiday season?

To stand out from other consultants during the busy holiday season, it is important to offer a unique and personalized experience for your customers. This can include creating festive and eye-catching displays at your parties, providing exceptional customer service, and offering special holiday-themed products or recipes. Additionally, promoting your parties and products through various channels, such as social media and email marketing, can help you to reach a larger audience.

5. What should I do if I have a cancellation for a holiday party booking?

If you have a cancellation for a holiday party booking, it is important to handle it professionally and communicate effectively with the host. Offer to reschedule the party for a later date or provide alternative options, such as hosting an online event or placing an order through your personal website. Additionally, staying in touch with the host and offering support and assistance can help to maintain a positive relationship and possibly lead to future bookings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ellietheresa
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ellietheresa
  • Krista Burson
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies