• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aQuestion on How You Book so Much

In summary, Krista has been struggling with a slump in her business, but has come back up with six bookings for November.
Krista Burson
Gold Member
Hi All!!!! I've been a lurker here for a couple of years, using the tips and advice that i read on here. I do have a question, and I'm sure someone here can give me some pointers. I ALMOST let my PC biz go this year, but with 2 weeks before my year of being inactive was up, I was able to scrape some orders together and become active again. NOW, I am excited again like I was when I first became a consultant in 2005. My question is this.... I read on here all the time how people have 10 shows booked, or their sales are in the thousands each month. HOW DO YOU GUYS DO IT? Just need some pointers to jump start my biz again. I currently have two catalog shows going, one to close in Oct, one in Nov. One cooking show schedule for Nov, with 3 others checking the calendar. My girlfriend in Hawaii wants to do a catalog show also. Now, I haven't had this much going on at once with my biz since I started, so please give me some pointers on how to keep it going because I'm loving it.

Thanks for any advice you can give me
Krista:love:

That's awesome, Krista! Sounds like you're having a nice re-start! Have you done your own show in a while? You can do a grand re-opening or something, especially with the new catalog out now. Or do a "budget-friendly meals" workshop (that's what I'm going to do) that will be really helpful for people and hopefully generate a lot of interest.

At your upcoming Cooking Shows, be sure to ask everyone when they check out about having a show! Almost every show, I have someone who checked "no" on the drawing slip, but end up thinking about it more and wanting to do it. ASK EVERYBODY! I swear I heard that over and over and over from the top performers in the company and I finally started doing that and it worked!

Once you start closing the catalog shows, be sure you let the hosts know you need their contact info!! Follow up with all of the "guests" and do the same thing you would at check out during a cooking show-thank them for their order and ask if they'd be interested in doing their own cooking or catalog show. I've gotten several shows lately from people who were catalog show "guests" and I followed up with them.

Those are just some ideas off the top of my head. Good luck with this fresh start and fresh attitude about your business!

I know someone who sets a goal to have 2 bookings from each show, or at least on her calendar before she closes that show. If you do that, then even if you get cancellations, you won't have any less shows on your calendar (unless you have over 50% cancellation rate).

I think the biggest key for me is to ask everyone. Be aware of your wording, though. You want to make sure you're presenting it as an opportunity for them to earn free and discounted products while having a great time--not as a favor for you.

Consistency is the key. If you try to coast by one month because you had a kicking previous month then just be ready for a slump! This train has to constantly be moving to hit the target.

Congratulations Krista! You are doing really well with your re-launch!

Try to set up at any craft fairs, flea markets, etc....You will get a ton of leads from these places. Then follow-up -- call and ask everyone!

My business has been in flux a lot with life changes, but one rule is SO true: The energy you put in today pays you back in about 6 weeks. If you can push yourself to book an inordinately high number of shows over a 6-12 week timeframe, you can see yourself in a very very different (directorship) light in a few short months.

Consistency is the key. If you try to coast by one month because you had a kicking previous month then just be ready for a slump! This train has to constantly be moving to hit the target.

OUCH! I hear that!

OK, I have been in a HUGE slump, but just came up for air and realized I have SIX bookings for November! (OK, so one wants to "pretend" it's still October, so it won't count for Sell-a-thon, but I can live with that. I think.)

Only ONE of these came from a show.
Two came from vendor fairs.
Two are personal friends (including a fundraiser to help a fire victim rebuild her kitchen)
One is a professional contact who heard me talking about going to conference, said, "You sell Pampered Chef?" (even though I had been carrying the catalog tote to meetings for months) and went from there.

1. How do you consistently book so much with Pampered Chef?

Consistently booking events with Pampered Chef requires a combination of networking, effective communication, and providing a valuable experience for customers. I make sure to reach out to friends, family, and acquaintances to share the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef event. Additionally, I use social media and attend local events to connect with potential customers. During events, I focus on creating a fun and educational experience for guests, which leads to repeat bookings and referrals.

2. What strategies do you use to book events with Pampered Chef?

I have found that the most successful strategies for booking events with Pampered Chef include utilizing the company's online booking system, having a strong social media presence, and hosting virtual parties. I also offer incentives and rewards for guests who book their own events during the party. Building relationships with customers and following up after events also helps to secure future bookings.

3. How do you handle objections or rejections when trying to book events?

Handling objections or rejections when booking events is an important skill to have as a Pampered Chef consultant. I always remain positive and focus on the benefits of hosting an event, such as earning free products and having a fun night with friends. If a potential host is hesitant, I offer to answer any questions or concerns they may have and provide them with more information about the company and our products.

4. Can you give tips for finding new hosts and growing your customer base?

A great way to find new hosts and grow your customer base with Pampered Chef is to leverage your existing network. Ask current hosts and customers for referrals, attend local events and fairs, and utilize social media to connect with potential customers. Another tip is to offer a variety of event options, such as in-home parties, virtual parties, and catalog parties, to appeal to a wider audience.

5. How do you balance booking events with other aspects of your Pampered Chef business?

Balancing booking events with other aspects of my Pampered Chef business can be challenging, but I have found that setting a schedule and prioritizing my tasks helps me stay organized. I make sure to dedicate specific times for reaching out to potential hosts, following up with customers, and hosting events. It's also important to delegate tasks and utilize the resources available, such as the Pampered Chef website and team support, to help manage the workload.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ValM2010
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ShelbyMichalek