• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Words to Use for Booking in Close?

even if you only have a few weeks notice, can be a bit more manageable. For example, you could send out a blast email a few days before the party with all the details and ask your guests to RSVP by email so you don't have to worry about any last minute surprises. When you want to go to lunch with a friend you don't call and say, I would like to meet for lunch, how about 5 weeks from Monday. No you say, how about meeting me next Monday. People will be excited to know they don't have to wait long for the party.
cookie325
Hello all! I'm new here so this is kinda an intro as well as a question. My name is Nicole and I'm a new consultant (kinda) in Wichita, KS. I originally started PC in Feb. 2003, and worked my business consistently, even promoting to Director, until I went through my divorce in 2007. Because of everything going on at that time, I let my business go, lost my team of 10, and got a full time job to take care of me and my four children. I should add the reason I quit my business was that my ex-husband never saw PC as a real business but more as a hobby, so he refused to keep our kids during our divorce unless I had to go to work, and daycare for 4 kids is murder! He's an idiot - that's why I divorced him! :pFast forward to now. I am remarried and just gave birth to my fifth child in March. I have always talked about PC to my new husband, and he knows how much I enjoyed being a Consultant and Director, so he has always encouraged me to start again. So, on April 9th, I signed up again. :) YAY for being back!!So far, I have only done one show - my grand opening - on April 25th. I'm closing it tomorrow, and while the sales aren't much ($330 so far), I'm happy with that. I have another show on the 3rd that has 12 rsvps so far, so I'm really excited. I would like to get one or two more shows in before May 18th (my 30 days) to try to meet my $1250, but I need suggestions for what to say to encourage people to book shows on such short notice. I've never been good about getting people to book in close, so any advice would be great! I'm really hoping to get that $1250 by the 18th...I'm determined! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Welcome back!

Well I have heard the following advice. Here are the words to say... "When you want to go to lunch with a friend you don't call and say, I would like to meet for lunch, how about 5 weeks from Monday. No you say, how about meeting me next Monday. People will be excited to know they don't have to wait long for the party."

Welcome back, but I don't always have the best advice. I have a show guide I give to my hosts that says I will close 3 days after their show. This helps me keep everyone in a good time frame.

I agree with Holly. People know what they're doing next week so they're most likely able to confirm, commit, AND attend. Easy to get guests that way. If a host books for farther down the road but still doesn't send invitations out until 2 weeks before what's the difference? She's only really giving them 2 weeks notice, so why not give them 7-10days instead? Good luck and welcome back! :)

Hi Nicole and welcome! Great big hugs to your hubby for being so supportive.

Usually the suggestion is to let people know what you'll be doing for them when they host a show, but at this point I think you can still get away with "please help me by being one of my charter hosts." You can still tell them about the wonderful benefits they'll receive (including the Charter Host gift!), but let them know why it's important they hold the show before May 18. Who knows, maybe when they hear about all the freebies you'll earn, plus commission, someone will want to sign under you!

offer a free show for booking in close. it makes hosting seem easier when they know they won't need to run to the grocery store! i had a host book a week out, and her party was $843! and i met a new recruit at her party! i focus on the fact that the hosts friends will know what they are doing a week from today, so its almost better than booking months out.

JaimeAnnR said:
offer a free show for booking in close. it makes hosting seem easier when they know they won't need to run to the grocery store!

i had a host book a week out, and her party was $843! and i met a new recruit at her party!

i focus on the fact that the hosts friends will know what they are doing a week from today, so its almost better than booking months out.

Great advice and it is good to hear a success story!

With email, etc. now days, throwing a party together in a short period of time is very doable (?). Some people actually prefer it -- and with nicer weather they can be outside and not worry about cleaning their house -- or offer to have it at your house.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Before I read the one about offering a free show, that thought came to me so I emailed my ex-SIL (I'm still her PC lady despite the divorce! HA!!) and asked her if she would be interested in hosting a show if I picked up the ingredients and she said yes. So she's hosting on the 17th and knows we have to close the next day. I'm hoping to get one or two more on Sunday to provide some breathing room - I really want 4 shows and $1250 in sales by the 18th. I'm hoping I'll have some biters since I'm going to be mailing out the invites (which I've always done for my hosts), and if its before the 15th, I will pick up the groceries. Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'm hoping to report back with some good news Sunday evening!

one idea that worked for a fellow consultant is to say "It's not a wedding". she met her potential host at a show on a Monday and booked for the following Sunday using that phrase. That host also signed up. I only wish I were that lucky!
Good luck and welcome back!

Loretta

1. What are some effective words to use when booking a party?

Some effective words to use when booking a party include "exclusive," "limited," "special," "complimentary," and "bonus." These words create a sense of urgency and exclusivity, making the party seem more appealing and valuable.

2. How can I entice someone to book a party with me?

You can entice someone to book a party with you by offering a special gift or discount, highlighting the benefits of hosting a party (such as free products or discounts), and emphasizing the personalized and fun experience they will have with their friends and family.

3. What words should I avoid when trying to book a party?

Words to avoid when booking a party include "selling," "cost," "obligation," and "pressure." These words can make people feel uncomfortable or pressured, and may turn them off from booking a party with you.

4. How can I make my booking in close more effective?

To make your booking in close more effective, be sure to build rapport with the potential host, personalize your approach, listen to their needs and concerns, and offer a clear and enticing call to action. Also, be confident and enthusiastic in your delivery.

5. What should I do if someone declines to book a party with me?

If someone declines to book a party with you, thank them for considering it and ask if they would be interested in attending a party as a guest. You can also offer to follow up with them at a later time or to provide more information about hosting a party in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennis
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • shawk752
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies