• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Cook's Illustrated Worth It? Honest Subscriber Reviews and Opinions

In summary, most people subscribe to Cook's Illustrated and they like it. They find it helpful and worth the money.
rebeccastt
Silver Member
How many of you subscribe to Cook's Illustrated? Do you like it? Is it worth the money? Do you actually read every issue?

I'm curious about it. I have a copy of one issue and it seems good, but I already subscribe to several other magazines and I don't want another that will just sit there. If it will be useful to me each time then I would get it!

Thanks in advance for your comments!

I got it for a year and let my subscription lapse. But I just purchased the most recent 2 issues in a bookstore and am seriously considering re-subscribing. The reader-submitted tips are great to include on your PWS, and sometimes they review PC products (like the grill pan!).

I like that they don't take advertising, so they aren't swayed by that in their evaluations of foods and tools. And they are very thorough when they test (that appeals to the nerd in me).

I subscribe, too. Great for tips, recipes, etc. The recipes are always dead on and give me a ton of tips to use at my shows.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cooks Illustrated! I think it is the best "real" Cooking Magazine there is!

Like Ann I let my subscription lapse, but am seriously considering renewing it. You can also get their newsletter for free, off the top of my head I think remembering going to cooksillustrated.com. There is also Cooks Country magazine which is more down home recipes and in my area the local PBS channel has the America's Test Kitchen show which is put out by the people who do the magazine.

Like Ann I let my subscription lapse and am considering renewing it. If the cost is a problem I also get their newsletter (cooksillustrated.com) for free and in contains alot of the info. from the magazine. There is also a sister magazine Cooks Country and in my area the local PBS station shows America's Test Kitchen which is also from the magazine

I chose the Cooks Illustrated OnlineI weighed the benefits of the magazine and the online version. The online version won because it has everything the magazine does as well as recipe search. You can get both, but I really recommend the online version.

Robin

I subscribe, and I love it. Don't forget, if you use it for your business, the subscription is a tax deduction.

I get a lot out of it...especially the tips section. Some the recipes get too involved for me...but I still enjoy reading the why's and how's.

kris

I signed up for their free email newsletter. I am also getting a free copy of their magazine too for trying it. Anyway, I know my husband would like it and I used to get it a long time ago. Thanks for bring this up. I am excited to get it again.

Related to Is Cook's Illustrated Worth It? Honest Subscriber Reviews and Opinions

1. Is Cook's Illustrated a reliable source for kitchen equipment and recipe recommendations?

Many subscribers have found Cook's Illustrated to be a highly reputable source for kitchen equipment and recipe recommendations. The magazine conducts thorough testing and research before making any recommendations, and their reviews are unbiased and based on practical use.

2. How does Cook's Illustrated compare to other cooking magazines?

Cook's Illustrated stands out from other cooking magazines by focusing on the science behind cooking and providing in-depth reviews of kitchen equipment. It also offers step-by-step instructions and troubleshooting tips for its recipes, making it a valuable resource for home cooks.

3. Are the recipes in Cook's Illustrated accessible for home cooks?

While some of the recipes in Cook's Illustrated may be more advanced, the magazine offers a range of recipes that are accessible for home cooks of all skill levels. Plus, the detailed instructions and tips make it easier to follow along and achieve successful results.

4. How often does Cook's Illustrated release new issues?

Cook's Illustrated releases six issues per year, with each issue featuring around 30 recipes. In addition, the magazine has a vast online collection of recipes, equipment reviews, and cooking tips that are regularly updated.

5. Is Cook's Illustrated worth the subscription cost?

This is ultimately a personal decision, but many subscribers find that the wealth of information and high-quality content in Cook's Illustrated makes it worth the subscription cost. Plus, the magazine offers a money-back guarantee if you're not satisfied with your subscription.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• abigailhutch
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chef Michelle D
  • itsjustCarla