• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Taste of Home Cooking School Worth the Travel?

In summary, the other consultant from Tastfully Simple that she ususally works with had to back out due to other committments, so she asked the person she works with most often if she wanted to do a TOHCS with her Saturday. She is not so sure about doing it because it is a 2 hour drive and she is not sure about the distance. She has seen others do this type of event and they were not happy with the leads. She is planning to do a party with one group and get a part time, consistant consultant from the leads.
hoosierchef
Question....My director asked me if I wanted to do a TOHCS with her Saturday. The other consultant from Tastfully Simple that she ususally works with had to back out due to other committments.

This show is in another town that is probably 2 hours away. I'm not so sure I want to mess with people that far away. It's not a problem for her, she seems to enjoy traveling far distances to do shows, but I'm not so sure it would be worth my while.

I've seen several others on here have done these types of events. What is your opinion. I would love to work a booth and learn from her, but I'm not so sure about the distance thing.

TIA!

Bumping up...... Thanks.

Tammi You never know if someone from your area will be there. I have people who drive 1 1/2- 2 hrs to go to the TOHCS.

TohcsI personally have not had much success at these types of events. Chef Kearns and I have recently attended two of these cooking schools and the leads were not that great.
These cooking schools tend to bring in the people who want freebies and don't really care about what you are advertising at your booth. That was just our experience but who knows if you would have different results.
I don't plan to do another one anytime soon. I was disappointed with the leads but spending time with Sandra, and watching those recipes was fun.

Debbie :D

I would do it. You never know who is going to be there.

The results:
233 slips filled out!!! We were offering a $25 gift certificate.

15 had no phone numbers, so into the trash they go
89 didn't answer our questions
58 no/not interested
42 maybe
29 yes to either show or business

I'm splitting these with another consultant, but I still have lots of calling to do!!! Woo hoo!! More than anything, I hope SHE gets some shows booked because she really needs it.

Three years ago, another consultant & I did a tohcs.

We sent a thank you letter to all who gave addresses, inviting them to have their own cooking school in their own homes.

I am still doing parties in one group, and got one part time, consistant consultant from the leads.

It more than paid me back for the $200 fee...

1. What is the Taste of Home Cooking School?

The Taste of Home Cooking School is a traveling culinary event where home cooks can learn new recipes, cooking techniques, and kitchen tips from a professional chef.

2. How do I find out if the Taste of Home Cooking School is coming to my area?

You can visit the official Pampered Chef website or the Taste of Home Cooking School website to see the schedule of upcoming events and locations.

3. Do I need to bring anything to the event?

No, all necessary ingredients and cooking equipment will be provided at the event. However, you may want to bring a notepad and pen to take notes on the recipes and techniques being demonstrated.

4. Can I purchase products from Pampered Chef at the event?

Yes, there will be a Pampered Chef booth at the event where you can purchase products and learn more about hosting a Pampered Chef cooking party.

5. Is there a cost to attend the Taste of Home Cooking School?

Yes, there is typically a small fee to attend the event to cover the cost of ingredients and equipment. However, the fee may vary depending on the location and event details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
islandgurlchef
  • lakamper
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • chefjeanine