• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Returning an Unordered Product: Is It Worth the Hassle?

In summary, if a customer brings you a product that needs to be returned, you may choose to order a replacement part instead of taking care of it themselves, or you may refer the customer to Tom Marston's website for instructions on returning the product.
beepampered
If a guest brings you a product that needs to be returned, what do you do? People seem to just want me to take care of their problem which would be good customer service. However, I don't like the hassle and paying for postage when I didn't even sell them the original item.

I ordered a replacement part for someone instead of having them do it themself. Well, it broke at day 40 and it ended up in my stuff after my last party. I now can either drive the product back to her (15 miles and no where near anywhere I go-actually no where near anything) or mail it back to home office. I seem to get bogged down in little issues that get me no where. Okay, there may be some good well but I'm not thinking it's worth the effort.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Express the importance of keeping their receipts!
Also, point out the return information on the back of the receipt -that they can take of it when they have the time.
Let them know that you are available to help them with anything in the future! Such as orders, recipes, hosting, recruiting, etc...

They will remember that you took the time to help them figure out what to do, sometimes that's all they need, rather than have you take care of it.

It's all about customer service. You have to be careful about your bottom dollar but it can be to your advantage to help them out.

I spent quite a bit of time helping someone remember who her consultant was and paid the postage to get her stone replaced once we determined that it was still under warranty. Several months later she called and wanted to know the best way to get our cookware. The commission on her show way covered the cost to get her the new stone.

Another customer made a big deal about something she bought from someone else too but as it ended up I ate the cost of it all and never heard from her again.

Some people will take advantage of you and others will make it well worth your efforts. It's your business. Run it as you feel it right for you and for your customers. Do what you feel is right - it's you that you have to live with in the end.

On the other hand, I am getting bogged down with postage! I know it is tax deductable, but I can hardly afford the out of pocket costs to return two or three products a month.

I noticed when I checked out Tom Marston's website that in the News he lists instructions for warrantied items. I loved that idea. I plan to send anyone with a problem to my website so they can take care of it themselves.

People would give me so much stuff, I would collect it in a box and it would literally take me two weeks to get receipts for everything and then a hefty fee for shipping. Then I started warning them that "I am very slow". I'd explain that I do returns in January and June/July only and while I'd be happy to help them, if they need something sooner, I'd be happy to instuct them how to return it themselves. Everyone still wanted me to do it, but then they'd get all upset that it took so long!! No more!! Yes, I do want to become someone's PC consultant, but maybe they'll browse the website while they're getting instuctions.

If the item was bought through me, and it has been 30 days or less, I tell the customer that PC will pay to have it returned. If they will get the produt to me, I will call HO and get a reference # and take care of the return for them.

If the item was not ordered through me, then I will still make the call to HO and give the customer the reference # and address and instructions on how to return the product, but they have to take care of mailing it themselves. I spend enough money mailing host packets and invites without worrying about a return for an item I didn't even sell to begin with. I find that most people are just glad that I make the phone call to HO and deal with customer service, that they are not even upset that I don't offer to return the item for them.

The extent of it for me is calling or doing an online adjustment for the customer. I'll then inform the customer what they need to do for UPS to come get the item, or how they need to send it back. I've never had anyone ask me to return it for them. Everyone has been very happy when I've taken care of the adjustment for them, and always thanks me for great customer service.

I think that all those ideas are great. And customer service is what it is all about. Do what you are able to and do it to the best of your ability. And remember, treat others how you would want to be treated. If someone is willing and able to take care of it with your coaching then that is great. However, some people will want for you to assist them every step of the way. Imagine working retail in a fine store, one customer may want for you to explain them something and then leave them on their own, and another may want a tour of the store.

But in everything, treat them how you would want you consultant to treat you.

Just my two cents! :)

Jaye

I think I may do this on my website as well. Maybe I'll tell all my guests to call me if they have a problem, I'll do the adjustment, then give them the address to mail their products to.

Thanks for all the comments. It is so hard to balance because I feel like I have so many of my own life's details to take care of, but there I am trying to find a box/envelope to pack something in and spending time at the post office. And then there's the guest who don't know when/with whom they got the product - ugh. You've all got me thinking.

Thanks for starting this thread Bee! It has changed my outlook on this subject.

Paige Dixon said:
I noticed when I checked out Tom Marston's website that in the News he lists instructions for warrantied items. I loved that idea. I plan to send anyone with a problem to my website so they can take care of it themselves.

What is his website to get the wording? TIA!

Thanks, Gillian! I checked it out and copied and pasted it to Word. Will put in on my website in the next day or two!

No problem Harriet! I had to dig through the Tom Marston thread to find it, but it was worth it!!

1. How do I return an unordered product?

Returning an unordered product is easy and hassle-free. Simply contact our customer service team and provide them with your order number and the reason for the return. They will guide you through the process and provide you with a return label if needed.

2. Is it worth the hassle to return an unordered product?

Yes, it is definitely worth the hassle to return an unordered product. We want our customers to be completely satisfied with their purchases, and we stand by our products. Plus, returning an unordered product is quick and simple, so you won't have to deal with any unnecessary hassle.

3. Will I be charged for returning an unordered product?

No, you will not be charged for returning an unordered product. We offer free returns for all our customers, so you can shop with confidence knowing that if you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can easily return it at no additional cost.

4. How long do I have to return an unordered product?

We have a generous return policy that allows you to return an unordered product within 60 days of purchase. This gives you plenty of time to try out the product and decide if it's right for you.

5. Can I exchange an unordered product for a different one?

Yes, you can exchange an unordered product for a different one. Our customer service team will be happy to assist you with finding a suitable replacement product and guide you through the exchange process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • cooknjess
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cooknjess
  • Bren706