• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Strange Product Adjustment Situation

taterbug

Mar 31, 2009
A few weeks ago I submitted three product adjustments:
one for myself, online under my original consultant's (recruiter) number, for a DCB that I bought as a host; another for myself, via telephone under her number, for a pair of Salad Choppers bought as a guest; and another for a guest of mine, via telephone under a conultant that doesn't even sell anymore, for a cracked bar pan.
At the time of making the phone call to HO, I had yet to send back the piece of DCB, so I asked the nice lady if I could send all three items back in the same box. She told me that I could as long as I put all three return numbers on the outside of the package, which I did. I also wrote the return numbers for each item on pieces of paper and secured them on each item with a rubber band.
A couple of weeks ago, the guest's bar pan arrives. About a week or so later, my Salad Choppers arrive, but still no DCB. I called HO yesterday and they told me that they do not show receiving the piece of the broken DCB. I was also advised that this is the exact reason why it is not suggested to put more than one return item in a package.
I was put on hold and the lady came back to tell me that they would go ahead and ship a new DCB to me; however, this particular item would not have a warranty as they had no proof that I had ever actually returned the damaged one......I told her that was fine; I was just glad that they were going to honor the return since they apparently lost the broken piece that I had returned.
She did ask me if I still had the postage receipt from where I mailed the package. She said it should show the weight of the package and since I mailed all three items together, they could use the weight from the receipt to "prove" that I did in fact mail back the DCB. I had to kindly advise her that I didn't mail back the entire thing, only a piece....that would have cost a small fortune!