• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble with Bamboo Spatulas? Our Customer Shares Her Experience

In summary, the customer's spoons have been breaking and she is not sure if it is a material quality issue with the new spoons or if the supplier has switched.
cla519
Has anyone had trouble with these splitting? I have one customer who has returned her's twice and I told her I would look after the problem. Well they sent me another pair and guess what? One of them was cracked in half right in the package. This lady was thinking of doing a show and is now not too sure of our products. She thinks that the customer service is great but if she has to keep returning products especially on her dime for postage it's just not worth it.

I have heard of issues with the Bamboo Tongs but not the spoons. The only time I had an issue with a spoon it was my fault as I was making Frozen Hot Chocolate and my spoon got into a fight with the blades in the blender...

When something keeps breaking, take a digital picture of it and email it into HO with your adjustment request. Make sure they know that the customer has had repeated problems and ask for them to include something small as an "I'm sorry" gift, like a SB, or have it shipped to your house and include the SB yourself.

Has that ever worked Kate? My Mom has the large chillzane bowl, and it has melted twice in her dishwasher. She showed me where in her dishwasher she was putting it and it wan't near the heat element. She gave it to me to send back, and it cracked, and all the chillzane goo spilled everywhere. I hate to return it AGAIN, but I can't afford to just buy a new one!

I haven't used it yet, but I have heard of others on this sight who have. Just make sure to leave a very long note explaining how this is a good customer (leave out the family part) and she has had to return it over and over again and why and attach the picture. You have to actually send an email, not do an online adjustment.

I've had my spoons for a few months and I don't really use them all that much, but I noticed last night that one is splitting down the middle. It's a small crack but I was surprised that it would do that. Wonder if they have had this problem over the years or just got a bad batch of them?!

I noticed 1 of mine is too. I also am wondering about this.

One of my bamboo spoons had a big chunk break off the spoon part. I just ordered some more a couple weeks ago.

I just got some new ones, and they are a bit "splintery" (is that even a word???). They're a bit irritating feeling like that, so I may have to get some sandpaper.

BTW, I've had one that has had a hairline crack in it for a LONG time, and it's yet to break in half or split any further. I still use it. They are probably my favorite utensil that we have.

Wow, I have one that was left by who-knows-who at a potluck about 8 years ago and it still works great! And I love the spatulas for breaking through hard things like frozen solid ice cream. I think they're great.

Different Supplier??Sounds like most of the problems are occuring with NEWER products... Wonder if PC has switched the overseas manufacturuer and it is a material quality issue???

It's very frustrating when there is a problem with a product more than once for a customer. My lady bought her's in Feb 06 and if there was a problem with the spoons you would think that it would have been corrected or pulled out of the catalogue until things were corrected. I haven't even told her that the new spoons that came are cracked as well. I hope they new ones come fast and with no problems.

gilliandanielle said:
Has that ever worked Kate? My Mom has the large chillzane bowl, and it has melted twice in her dishwasher. She showed me where in her dishwasher she was putting it and it wan't near the heat element. She gave it to me to send back, and it cracked, and all the chillzane goo spilled everywhere. I hate to return it AGAIN, but I can't afford to just buy a new one!
Gillian, I know that the use and care doesn't say this, but I was always told NOT to put the Chillzanne pieces in the dishwasher...the washing part is fine, but the heat for the drying cycle is way too hot for the pieces.

There are 4 things I tell my customers NOT to put in the dishwasher...the Cookware, Stoneware, Knives and Chillzanne (including the Ice Cream Dipper).

I always tell them (at EVERY show), and let them know that when they are filling their dishwashers, that if they can't remember 4 things they shouldn't put in there, to give me a call....just another way to keep in touch with them!

What is the "Bamboo Spatula Problem"?

The "Bamboo Spatula Problem" refers to an issue that some customers have experienced with Pampered Chef's bamboo spatulas cracking or breaking during use.

Why are the bamboo spatulas cracking or breaking?

The cracking or breaking of bamboo spatulas is usually due to exposure to high heat or prolonged soaking in water. Bamboo is a natural material and can become weakened when exposed to extreme temperatures or moisture.

Can I still use the cracked or broken bamboo spatula?

It is not recommended to use a cracked or broken bamboo spatula, as it may pose a safety hazard and potentially contaminate your food. It is best to replace the spatula with a new one.

How can I prevent my bamboo spatulas from cracking or breaking?

To prevent cracking or breaking, it is important to properly care for your bamboo spatulas. Avoid exposing them to high heat and do not leave them soaking in water for extended periods of time. It is also helpful to periodically oil your bamboo spatulas to keep them moisturized and prevent drying out.

What should I do if my bamboo spatula breaks or cracks?

If your bamboo spatula breaks or cracks, please contact Pampered Chef's customer service for a replacement or refund. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and are committed to providing high-quality products to our customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCMomto4
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
loreo
  • elizabethfox
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Akamsthang