• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Worth Keeping a Website as a Hobbyist Cook?

In summary, the conversation discusses the decision to cancel a website and become a hobbyist in the Pampered Chef business. The individual is questioning the value of paying for a website when they are not able to maintain a steady cooking show schedule and have not had much success with the website in the past. Other consultants share their experiences and offer advice on the benefits of having a website for showcasing products and connecting with customers, but also acknowledge that it may not be the best option for everyone.
Chef_2_Four
I went ahead and cancelled my website yesterday, my renewal was up on the 22nd of Aug and up until today I was planning on quitting a 100% but now I have decided to be a hobbyist. Will it be worth it to pay for a website when I am not going to have a steady cooking show schedule? I got my website in Feb and only had 3 or 4 orders from it and only a few hosts actually used it. What do you guys think?

I am a hobbyist and do a lot of my own shows exclusively online. Whenever I'm in danger of going inactive I email my entire friends/family with a desperate "i need $200 in sales this month" and include a link to the website.

I think it takes a while for the PWS to really pay off. I have had mine for about 3 years and I get $500-700 in orders most months. (outside of shows!)

I teach full time, and consider myself a hobbyist as well. I think the web-site is valuable for the registry and showers. (An area of my business that I would really like to increase!) I know that they can purchase off the registry on PC.com, but I like being able to personalize.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you have decided to cancel your website. It sounds like you have been struggling with your business and I understand how frustrating that can be. Becoming a hobbyist can be a great option for those who are not able to commit to a steady cooking show schedule. As for whether it's worth it to pay for a website, it ultimately depends on your personal goals and how you plan on running your business. A website can still be a valuable tool for showcasing your products and connecting with potential customers, even if you are not doing regular shows. However, if you feel that it is not generating enough orders or interest, it may be worth considering other options. I would suggest talking to your mentor or other consultants for their advice and insights. Best of luck to you on your journey as a hobbyist!

What is the difference between being a PT and a hobbyist?

The main difference is that a PT is a professional, trained and certified to provide fitness services, while a hobbyist is someone who enjoys fitness as a personal interest or hobby.

Do I need any special qualifications to become a hobbyist?

No, you do not need any specific qualifications. However, it is always beneficial to have some knowledge and understanding of fitness principles and techniques.

What are some common hobbies within the fitness industry?

Some popular fitness hobbies include weightlifting, running, yoga, dance, and hiking. However, there are many more options available depending on your interests and preferences.

Can I make a career out of my fitness hobby?

Yes, it is possible to turn your fitness hobby into a career by becoming a certified personal trainer, group fitness instructor, or pursuing other related roles in the fitness industry.

How can I balance my PT job with my fitness hobby?

It may require some time management and prioritization, but it is definitely possible to balance a PT job with your fitness hobby. You can also incorporate your hobby into your PT job by offering specialized services or classes related to your hobby.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennifer E
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • talkintrac
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pianoam
  • iteachurkid