• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Renew My Pws Subscription?

In summary, it is worth it to keep your PWS if you have few online orders and people are using your website.
Jennifer E
I have been a consultant for about 5 months now and my PWS is up for renewal next week. I have only had a small handful of people ever order anything from my site and I am wondering if it is worth it to keep it. I was thinking that I could tell people that want to look at items online, to go to the PC website and decide what they want and then email me with their choices and I will get back to with the amount, etc. Thoughts or words of wisdom?

I love the benefit of online ordering for shows, online catalog shows, outlet orders, etc. I personally will never go without my website!

I also will not go without my website. I have wedding registries just show up and it awesome! I also love that guest's can order through my site if they can not make it to the show.

I love my website!

Sometimes it takes a while for people to start using it but if you have it on your business cards, catalogs and email signature you should start seeing results! Add a sticker to your catalogs with info on how to access the outlet too!!

The longer you have your website, and the more that you promote it, the better it will be. Over time, your mailing list, and those who use your website will get bigger. If you quit with it now, you'll lose out on all kinds of potential and future business!

Go to the Online Training Center and listen to the audio "Improve PWS Results" to get tips on how to drive more traffic to your site.

I can't wait to get mine! I've have numerous people ask if they can order from me online. Just wish they gave you that benefit right off the bat. Oh well I'm almost there!!! $250 left to go!

sjspchef said:
I can't wait to get mine! I've have numerous people ask if they can order from me online. Just wish they gave you that benefit right off the bat. Oh well I'm almost there!!! $250 left to go!

You can get your PWS before you qualify. You just need a PC debit/credit card.

Jennifer, I'm new too, just over my 90days and also up for renewal. It hasn't generated as much business as I would like at this point, but I love having it as an option for my business. I make sure I have my PWS address listed everywhere I can (within PC policy guidelines) to get maximum exposure. The fee charged is so little in comparison to other types of web services - I am definitely going to renew!

BethCooks4U said:
Sometimes it takes a while for people to start using it but if you have it on your business cards, catalogs and email signature you should start seeing results! Add a sticker to your catalogs with info on how to access the outlet too!!

Very true but once people start using it and see how easy it is to navigate they will come back time and time again! Give it time and promote wherever you can.

I think it's hard to truly say how much business you may be getting. You'll get 1 order out of the blue one day that pays for it! $9 a month is what it breaks down to...I think it's worth it. Whether you have that one show, or one order every so often. Also, customers who are invited to a show may go online to browse before going to the show.If you start doing a newsletter, it will give folks something to go to to shop or browse online without contacting you. (I'm one of those folks who prefers to shop online or under "anonymity" and not have to contact a consultant all the time.) Plus- the OUTLET. That's usually where I get my online orders. My regular customers or newsletter-customers will go online every now and then for outlet items.I also put recipes and things of value on my site as often as I can (news section)...give them a reason to go there.It's worth it to me...I don't make tons of money off of it, but I know it's used.

Take it from someone who didn't renew...

If the $ won't break you - definitely renew it.

I am winding down my business and decided to not renew my PWS. Big mistake. I never had many online orders, so it didn't seem like a big deal to cancel. Not to mention the hassle of taking my website off EVERY label, catty, order form, etc., etc.

Just the other month I only needed a small amount to stay active and figured I would place an outlet order for myself and my mom (as a customer) so I would get commission and it would count toward my sales. Well, it hit me that I can't get outlet orders without a website! I had completely forgotten about that. Ugh! (to clarify: I can go through CC and order outlet stuff as a consultant, but it does not count as sales for me to stay active).

AND, I had a show the other month and the host wanted people to browse online. While they can browse online, I was very worried they might accidently order online and it would not go toward the show.

So, my advice, if you can afford it at all - KEEP IT!

I have a very common name. When I signed up for my PWS I was SHOCKED that I could do website slash dianesmith. Now I can't see myself giving it up ... i did get an order out of the blue and like Kathleen, would worry if guests could not order from it. My last show I got orders from it and recently I had a host with family in Pennslyvania order items from the web!I pay in the spring when I get my tax return so I don't have to worry about this in September.

kam said:
Take it from someone who didn't renew...

If the $ won't break you - definitely renew it.

I am winding down my business and decided to not renew my PWS. Big mistake. I never had many online orders, so it didn't seem like a big deal to cancel. Not to mention the hassle of taking my website off EVERY label, catty, order form, etc., etc.

Just the other month I only needed a small amount to stay active and figured I would place an outlet order for myself and my mom (as a customer) so I would get commission and it would count toward my sales. Well, it hit me that I can't get outlet orders without a website! I had completely forgotten about that. Ugh! (to clarify: I can go through CC and order outlet stuff as a consultant, but it does not count as sales for me to stay active).

AND, I had a show the other month and the host wanted people to browse online. While they can browse online, I was very worried they might accidently order online and it would not go toward the show.

So, my advice, if you can afford it at all - KEEP IT!

Depending on the 6 month or 1 year option it is only $6-7 a month (last time I did the math!). It's so worth it to me.

I haven't used it a ton either, but it has been enough to make it worth it. I had a relative out of state host a catalog show online with it, and I usually set it up for shows whether or not hosts request and use it. I usually get at least one order per show through it. I have even had guests call and ask if they can order online (when they aren't able to come and the host didn't use it for invites) and have given instructions on there.
I guess it depends on your usage and promotion of it, but I personally wouldn't drop it.

It does take a while for people to get a used to using your website. I live in a rural area, and many of my customers don't have (or don't use) the internet. Still, every year mine more than pays for itself. Like Kathleen said, if it won't break you, renew.

babywings76 said:
You can get your PWS before you qualify. You just need a PC debit/credit card.

Okay so I went and reread.... I thought that I couldn't take orders through my website till I became a "qualified consultant" with $1250 in sales. But if I can take orders for shows then I'll sign up today!! I just can't take personal orders till I reach my $1250 mark (which I'm hoping will be Tuesday)!

Ok, ok...I will renew!! Actually I already talked myself into renewing befor I even logged on this evening. My hairdresser is getting married in a few months and it sounds like she is really interested in doing the bridal registry. Thanks for the input, ya'll ROCK!

Jennifer E said:
Ok, ok...I will renew!! Actually I already talked myself into renewing befor I even logged on this evening. My hairdresser is getting married in a few months and it sounds like she is really interested in doing the bridal registry. Thanks for the input, ya'll ROCK!

LOL....No pressure! ;)

Awesome! I'm glad you talked yourself into it ... I do that A LOT. I meant to say before that if I let my PWS lapse, some other consultant would snap up my name. And I remember somebody else who let hers lapse and then found out it was ILLEGAL. (something like erinyourpclady) Seems that because part of the PWS had "in you" it was not allowed!)I was kind of hoping she'd stop in to tell that story!

1. Should I renew my PWS subscription every year?

It is recommended to renew your PWS subscription every year to continue enjoying the benefits and tools offered by Pampered Chef.

2. What are the benefits of renewing my PWS subscription?

Renewing your PWS subscription allows you to have access to exclusive discounts, early access to new products, and the ability to earn rewards and incentives.

3. Can I cancel my PWS subscription at any time?

Yes, you can cancel your PWS subscription at any time by contacting our customer service team. However, please note that cancelling your subscription means you will no longer have access to the benefits and tools offered by Pampered Chef.

4. Will my PWS website be deactivated if I don't renew my subscription?

If you do not renew your PWS subscription, your website will be deactivated and no longer accessible to customers. It is important to renew your subscription to maintain your online presence and continue generating sales.

5. Can I renew my PWS subscription early?

Yes, you can renew your PWS subscription early. Simply log into your account and select the option to renew your subscription. This will ensure that your website remains active without any interruption.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristanmary
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • artcd44