• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Inactive and Renewing Web Site Soon

In summary, Michelle has been inactive for a year and has had no luck with sales. She is still hanging in and doing her best, but she feels terrible and very embarrassed about how this year has gone so far.
michellelinda
I feel awful about this and it's not like I have not been doing my best I am inactive right now I have had no luck with sales I know it's not a matter of luck but I started in October and did very well last year and I have been going out there and giving people information I know that I need to get people's contact info. I know I was not doing this before I don't want to quit and I want to know if I renew my web site in inactive status can people still order? does anything change if I am inactive and have a web site?
I am not quitting and still hanging in and doing my best I do feel terrible and very embaressed about how this year has gone so far the easy thing to do would be just quit but I am not going to I am still going to do everything I can.
I would like to know if you are successful how do you do it?
how to you get sales?
how do you get shows?
who do you ask?
where do you go to ask?
what info do you give to poeple like do you give the guest and host specials of the month and a mini catalog?
let me know because I am not quitting and I have done my best with no results so far
thank you
from Michelle

I thought for sure that my Mom would host a show but she said she did not want to so I was really upset about this I was hoping to get some support and bookings from her friends
I am not ready to quit yet I am thinking about it this year has been very disappointing
for me
if nothing else please pray for me
thank you
from Michelle

Hi Michelle,
Obviously you love the products and the business! Sometimes it can be very discouraging. But just remember that if someone says "no" to you..it is not personal. And the more people you ask..the closer you get to a yes!
I usually strum up a conversation with people and find a way to work in Pampered Chef into the conversation. I talk to waitresses and ask if they like their job.. etc etc. You can ask a bank teller, hairdresser, school..chamber of commerce. Be creative and think outside the box.
You also can carry or wear logowear. That usually starts a conversation. In my workplace, I always keep a catalog visible.
That is just a start to things. If you want, email me anytime [email protected]

I would definitely try giving your other friends/family a call and just ask. Send an IM to people on FB, if they say no, does it really matter, how many of them do you actually see/talk to - I just did this and I have 3-4 potential bookings, now I just need to follow up. Also, look up mom to mom sales in your area, I set up a booth there and got 3 bookings and 2 orders. Do a FB fan page and, not the best on leads but I had a show booked b/c a friend of a friend liked my page.
Good luck!

Are you going to Cluster/Team Meetings and/or connecting with your Director? That is a great place for support, ideas and a boost.

I recommend booths! I try to do at least one per month to get new leads coming in. Also, go to the local churches, non-profits, etc, and offer them fundraiser shows. There is some great info in the fundraisers for pet shelters thread. And about who to talk to...talk to EVERYONE! And I ask people if they say no, is that a no not now, or a no not ever. I also listen to a couple of direct sale speakers... my favorite is Karen Phelps. She does a ton of free webinars and I always walk away with great tips. And you could always try to Mystery Host show...just for some ideas! Hope that helps!

Michelle, I'm glad to hear you're not willing to give up. We have so much fun with The Pampered Chef, I think some of us (*points at self*) forget it is a business, which means we have to be willing to work to make it grow. We just keep hoping shows and orders will fall in our laps (and, sometimes they do!!).

I really want to touch on the subject of your mother (or other family and friends you expected to support you, and aren't). I just came home from a fun party at my sister's house. This is her second show with me (I'm celebrating my 3rd year this month!), and she had it because she wants a skillet and some other things. I was in business for over a year before she agreed to have a party, because she and her husband didn't "believe" in MLMs or DS companies. After she saw the quality of the products, though, and did some research on the company, she became very supportive. Her show today, so far, does not qualify her to get the Skillet at 60% off, but her husband told her to go ahead and get it at full price, and, yes, she has to have the lid, too, it would be silly to get the pan without the lid (his words, not mine). My BIL is a "research the heck out of it, and buy that which has the highest quality, and be willing to pay for that quality" kind of person. If he, of all people, is saying to buy the Skillet, even at full price, and not saying "let me get on the computer to see if there's something better," this is significant! Believe me, he's not doing it to be supportive of me, because he puts quality even above family. He would not buy something he considers to be junk just to make me happy.

Then, there's my own Mom. She lives 3000 miles from me, but, believe me, if I had still lived in CA when I started with PC she would NOT have had a party for me, either. In fact, her first exposure to PC was when I visited CA a couple of years ago and she attended a party a friend hosted. Fast forward 2 years . . . a couple of weeks ago I was on the phone with her and she spend half an hour raving about how much she loves her PC products, and if she ever needed anything, she would definitely go with PC. Since then she has decided to move to VA (where we are), and she'll have to buy all new stuff for the kitchen, so she'll HAVE to have a PC party.

All that is to say, be patient. There are so many people out there who know and love PC products, and they will be thrilled to hold a show so they can earn new products free. Just keep being enthusiastic, and use opportunities to show how wonderful our products are, and how awesome the company, and eventually your for-now non-supportive loved ones will be curious enough to at least attend a party, and maybe even host one.

Speak up and tell people you sell Pampered Chef. Ask if they want to place an order or host a show. It takes a few years to get out of your circle and get the word out that you sell PC to friends of friends.

The last thing you need to worry about is a website, if you are inactive! Get some orders and have yourself a catty show. Get some bookings! Tell people they can order with you over the phone. After you're active you can get your website, but you really don't need one. I got rid of mine. You can tell them to look at pamperedchef.com BUT please call you to order so you will get credit. Unless you're a team leader/director who gets home office leads, it shouldn't really make any difference.

But to answer the questions you first posted, yes, you can have a website if you are inactive, and yes, people can order. You will get the commission/credit.

One of my consultants was 2 weeks away from going 6 months with no sales (and therefore, no longer a consultant), and her website was renewed, and her card charged. Her Reservist dh was being deployed and she was consumed with a whole lot more than PC in that 6 month period.

1. What does it mean when a website is "inactive"?

When a website is inactive, it means that it is not currently being updated or maintained. This could be for a variety of reasons, such as a lack of new content or a temporary shutdown for maintenance or redesign.

2. How long can a website remain inactive before it needs to be renewed?

The length of time a website can remain inactive before it needs to be renewed varies. Some web hosting companies may have specific policies or time frames for inactive websites, while others may not have any restrictions. It is best to check with your web hosting provider for their specific guidelines on inactive websites.

3. What happens if I do not renew my inactive website?

If you do not renew your inactive website, it will eventually expire and become unavailable to the public. This means that your website's domain name will no longer be registered and someone else may be able to purchase it. You may also lose any content or data associated with your website if it is not backed up.

4. How do I renew my inactive website?

To renew an inactive website, you will need to contact your web hosting provider. They will be able to assist you with renewing your domain name and getting your website back up and running. You may also need to update any expired subscriptions or hosting plans.

5. Can I still access my website while it is inactive?

If your website is inactive, it may still be accessible to you as the owner. However, it will not be available to the public until it is renewed and brought back online. This means that visitors will not be able to view your website until it is active again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• michellelinda
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • mtayloruh
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mtayloruh
  • cochef