• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Invitations You Mail Out for Host

In summary, Becky gives the guest list out about 4 weeks in advance. She sends out invitations 2-3 weeks before the show. If the show is booked closer in, she sends them out as soon as possible. Becky has found that sending out invitations early has helped increase attendance.
nikki70563
Gold Member
For the consultants that mail out the invitations for their host could you give me and outline time frame of how you do it how far in advance, etc?

Anyone????

bumping it up to get some input

I ask for the guestlist 4 weeks before the show.
I mail out the invites 2-3 weeks before the show.

If the show is booked closer in, I mail the invites as soon as possible. I find the postcards move more slowly thru the postal system so I like to give them ample time to arrive.

thanks for the help

bump.......

I do mine a little closer in - I have hosts give me their guest list 3 weeks in advance - I send them a reminder postcard from NANCY'S (grrrr.....but that's another thread!) 4 weeks out to remind them. In their host packet is a sheet to fill out for names, addresses etc..... and a SASE to mail back to me. They can also email them to me if they would rather do that. About 80% email them. I mail the invitations out 10-12 days before the show.

Becky - do you give them there host packet when they book are after you get there list of names and what do you have in it?

nikki70563 said:
Becky - do you give them there host packet when they book are after you get there list of names and what do you have in it?

I am not Becky but wanted to tell you waht I do - I no longer give the host packet until I get the guest list - I have lost too many catalogs by giving it to them w/o th eguest list only to have them cancel.

dannyzmom said:
I ask for the guestlist 4 weeks before the show.
I mail out the invites 2-3 weeks before the show.

If the show is booked closer in, I mail the invites as soon as possible. I find the postcards move more slowly thru the postal system so I like to give them ample time to arrive.

How far out do you ask the host to give you the addresses?

Have you really found this to improve attendance? Doesn't it add alot more work to your already busy schedule?

dannyzmom said:
I am not Becky but wanted to tell you waht I do - I no longer give the host packet until I get the guest list - I have lost too many catalogs by giving it to them w/o th eguest list only to have them cancel.

Congratulations on your TPC and diamond! Way to go Carolyn!

its_me_susan said:
How far out do you ask the host to give you the addresses?

Have you really found this to improve attendance? Doesn't it add alot more work to your already busy schedule?

I am not sure which part your suggesting adds more work...so lemme see if I can address it all - LOL...
I begrudgingly started sending out invites for my hosts in Aug of '05. I was "testing it out" and was only going to do it for 2 months. I immediately saw a HUGE increase in attendance and decrease in cancellations.

The "gimme your guest list 1 month before the show" thing...I just started that about 6 months ago. It has saved me from the last minute cancellations. This way I know FOUR WEEKS out if a host is serious or not...and it allows me enough time to attempt to re-book that date. I tell them that if I don't have their guest list by 4 weeks out, I open that date up again, as I cannot afford to be unemployed for the night. Example - I had several flakey hosts in Marcg/April. But since they let me know 4 weeks out that they were flakes, I was able to open their dates up to other hosts...those hosts were then booking in WAY close so you are pretty sure they'll hold. SAved my butt big-time in April.

It's all no more time consuming than chasing down flakey cancelling hosts - LOL

its_me_susan said:
Congratulations on your TPC and diamond! Way to go Carolyn!

Thank you ! :)

dannyzmom said:

I give them the host packet when I book......I only put 2 catalogs in the packet (plus they have their own from the show they attended) For me, losing a couple catalogs is cheaper than the $4.05 it cost to mail a packet priority mail.

dannyzmom said:
I am not sure which part your suggesting adds more work...so lemme see if I can address it all - LOL...
I begrudgingly started sending out invites for my hosts in Aug of '05. I was "testing it out" and was only going to do it for 2 months. I immediately saw a HUGE increase in attendance and decrease in cancellations.

The "gimme your guest list 1 month before the show" thing...I just started that about 6 months ago. It has saved me from the last minute cancellations. This way I know FOUR WEEKS out if a host is serious or not...and it allows me enough time to attempt to re-book that date. I tell them that if I don't have their guest list by 4 weeks out, I open that date up again, as I cannot afford to be unemployed for the night. Example - I had several flakey hosts in Marcg/April. But since they let me know 4 weeks out that they were flakes, I was able to open their dates up to other hosts...those hosts were then booking in WAY close so you are pretty sure they'll hold. SAved my butt big-time in April.

It's all no more time consuming than chasing down flakey cancelling hosts - LOL

How much is postage running you? (Just curious about all of itI guess). I'm hesitant to do it still.

its_me_susan said:
How much is postage running you? (Just curious about all of itI guess). I'm hesitant to do it still.

invites: 24c per postcard...30-40 per show
2.69 approx per host packet mailed 1st class w/delivery conf.
I mail a confirmation postcard (Nancy's) when the show is first booked 24c
I mail a letter with a blank guest list 6 weeks before the show 39c
I mail a reminder posctard to the host a week before the show 24c
After show closes I mail the receipts & a thank you letter - depending on teh size of the show this runs between 39c and 3.69
Well worth it IMO for the difference it's made in my sales/attendance

Thanks for all the help - do you just mail the invitations and the host calls the guest to remind them are what?

nikki70563 said:
Thanks for all the help - do you just mail the invitations and the host calls the guest to remind them are what?

Yep - I mail out the invites and she calls the guests.

dannyzmom said:
Yep - I mail out the invites and she calls the guests.

I do the same.....and like Carolyn, I totally think it is worth my time - I'd much rather spend 20-30 minutes sending out invitations, than all kinds of time worrying about whether or not I'm actually going to have a show!
I started doing it 6 months into my business - I went to a training w/ Christie Northrup (AKA The Lemonaid Lady), and it was something she encourages doing.....well I had been through 6 months of shows cancelling the day of or day before, and I had a strong sneaking suspicion that for alot of the shows, it was because invites hadn't been sent, or had been sent too late....so decided to give it a try - my show average DOUBLED, and I have virtually no cancellations now.....at least, no last minute cancellations!

Does anyone have a letter they send to the hosts to get the invite list? Alot of my hostesses want to do it themselves to save me the trouble, but I'd feel better if I just did it myself.

I mail the invites for them, but tell my hosts that these should be treated as REMINDERS and that they should invite everyone personally (email, phone, etc.) to help build excitement and so that the guests know about it before they get the postcards.

I mail the invitations about 2 weeks in advance.

Mchongpchef said:
Does anyone have a letter they send to the hosts to get the invite list? Alot of my hostesses want to do it themselves to save me the trouble, but I'd feel better if I just did it myself.

I've started putting this in my hostess packets. I have it copied on purple paper and stick it in the show planner along with an excel sheet on hot pink. Most hostesses prefer that I email them the document and type into it (i prefer this too b/c I can dump it straight into a mail merge and get labels)

Attachments

• Guest Invites Instructions.doc
    20 KB · Views: 471
Tara,
Can you post your excel sheet as well please? Thanks.

Thanks for this thread. I've just started doing this as well, telling my hosts that if they have friends/family who are email people we can do e-invites or I will gladly mail out printed invited (I do full page invites on bright paper) for those who are less computer savvy. I can't tell you my results yet, as I took a slow April (my day job had me in tears on more than one occasion), so my May show is my first where I am implementing this. It's good to hear what everyone else does, so I can tweak my system and make this work. So thank you to all for your input!

Thank youThanks very much for your reply. I'm going to start using this right away!

1. How do I request invitations for my upcoming Pampered Chef party?

To request invitations for your party, simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant. They will be able to provide you with physical or digital invitations to send out to your guests.

2. Can I customize the invitations with my party details?

Yes, you can customize the invitations with your party details such as date, time, location, and theme. Your Pampered Chef consultant can provide you with a template to fill in the information or they may be able to customize the invitations for you.

3. How many invitations should I mail out for my Pampered Chef party?

The number of invitations you should mail out will depend on the size of your guest list and the space available for your party. As a general rule, it's recommended to invite at least 10-20% more guests than you expect to attend.

4. Can I track RSVPs with the invitations?

Yes, you can track RSVPs with the invitations by including a response card or requesting guests to RSVP through email or phone. Your Pampered Chef consultant may also have an online RSVP system available for you to use.

5. Is there a deadline for mailing out the invitations?

It's recommended to mail out the invitations at least 2-3 weeks in advance to give your guests enough time to RSVP and plan for the party. However, your Pampered Chef consultant may have specific deadlines for ordering and mailing out invitations, so it's best to check with them for their specific guidelines.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
Replies