• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Mail the Invites for Hosts?

In summary, mailing out invitations for the hosts seems to be a good idea. The benefits (increased attendance and decreased cancellations) outweigh the costs (the $38 cost of postage).
Jeanine - do you have a converted form for word? I can't open Publisher, but I'm really curious as to what your flyers look like! :)

Colleen - can you share your flyers with us? :)

Okay so I started this now with my first January show and so far so good. The host got me back the list and I got the invites out for her. I was really surprised that it worked so far but it has. Now I have a 2nd show in January it hasn't worked with yet. Today was their due date to get me back their form and not a word. I sent them a reminder (it's a co-host situation) so we'll see but I've told them that no reply means the date opens up and they'll have to reschedule. So we shall see...

I have also started doing this with my January shows. I am anxious to see the results !

ChefJoyJ said:
Jeanine - do you have a converted form for word? I can't open Publisher, but I'm really curious as to what your flyers look like! :)

I'm sorry, I don't. Can anyone else help?

I just printed my stats for the last 5 years and her are the show average results. See if YOU can tell the year I started sending out invites?!?!

2003 $484.65 58 cooking shows
2004 $427.97 80 cooking shows
2005 $498.81 103 cooking shows
2006 $597.60 77 cooking shows
2007 $583.11 75 cooking shows

I started January 2006! The number of my shows has dropped, however, my team has grown since I became a director in 2004 so with overrides, production bonuses coupled with the show average increase...my pay checks are awesome. And I have a full time job other than PC.

Here is a copy of the cover letter and the guest list I send out. Now, do I actually cancel their party if I don't have it on time...well, yes and no. I have a party scheduled January 5th. She has ditched me before. I called yesterday and today and it must be she has gone into the Witness Protection program because she won't return my call. Tomorrow's message will be me cancelling her party. I will not send out invitations on Monday, only to have them arrive Wednesday for a Sat. party. She would have to reassure me that she would have at least 10 or more guests confirmed even without the invites sent.

I have several due tomorrow. If I do not receive them tomorrow, I will call them and give them a little longer but not much longer. Depending on the time of year, I won't automatically cancel, but if it is October, November or December...I will! Also, with February's specials...I will cancel because I know I can re-book them.

I am still going with the post cards. Thinking about changing to a flyer for awhile to see if that makes a difference, but I am probably going to concentrate on growing my team more.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Guest List 2006.doc
    90.5 KB · Views: 303
  • Host Bonus from Ann.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 322
I send out all my invites! Since I started doing that I rarely get cancellations. I have gone from a "side job" with a few shows a month to a full calendar and earned $300 in spring products! It really works!

First, at a show I only give the 3-ply invite list (PC has) and give it to the host to be. I give her 1 week to get the list of 40 back to me (with my stamped envelope provided).

When I get it, I send her (or drop off if close) the host packet.

For invites:

clear avery address labels that I fill in the host information (when spaced properly it fits nicely).

Another label I put (not clear) on the bottom of the envelope that says:

Unable to attend? Order online for your friends show at:Welcome to In the Kitchen with Or call xxx-xxx-xxxx
Out of town or state catalog shows always welcome!

I then use the top sheet from the PC guests list (which is a sticker) and place on the card and send. Easy, and done while I watch TV.

oops- Welcome to the kitchen ??? It should have said my web address. I was trying to cover up.

Wow! I just checked my stats:

I started PC in Oct 2005. From then until Oct 2006 I had my customers take care of the invites. I had 36 Cooking Shows in that time and my show average was $538.70.

In Nov 2006 I started sending the invites. From Nov 2006 to Dec 2007 I had 37 Cooking Shows and my average was $729.64.

Completely worth it! Give it a try for a full 3 months and see how much your paycheck increases.

Oh, also prior to sending the invites I had 1 $1000 show. Since I started sending invites I've had 10 $1000 shows!

Awesome job Linda! I wish everyone would give it a try. My feeling is, it's OUR show not their show. If there's something I can do to have a bigger paycheck, I'm going to do it.

<h2>1. Do you mail the invites for the hosts?</h2><p>Yes, Pampered Chef Consultants typically mail the invites for their hosts. This ensures that the invites reach their guests in a timely manner and gives the consultant control over the mailing list. However, some consultants may choose to have their hosts mail the invites themselves.</p><h2>2. Why?</h2><p>Mailing the invites allows the consultant to have a complete list of invitees, making it easier to follow up with guests who did not RSVP. It also ensures that the invites reach the guests in a timely manner and creates a professional image for the consultant and the company.</p><h2>3. Does it benefit you in the long run?</h2><p>Yes, mailing the invites for the hosts can have several long-term benefits. It allows the consultant to have a complete list of guests, which can be used for future shows and follow-ups. It also creates a professional image for the consultant and the company, which can lead to more bookings and sales in the future.</p><h2>4. Do the benefits outweigh the costs?</h2><p>This ultimately depends on the individual consultant and their business strategy. While there may be a cost for postage, the benefits of having a complete guest list and creating a professional image may outweigh the cost in the long run. It is important for consultants to weigh the pros and cons and decide what works best for their business.</p><h2>5. How do I convince my husband that it is a justifiable cost?</h2><p>Start by explaining the long-term benefits of mailing the invites for the hosts, such as creating a professional image and having a complete guest list for future shows and follow-ups. You can also show him how this cost can potentially lead to more bookings and sales in the future. Additionally, consider discussing potential alternative methods, such as having the hosts mail the invites themselves, to find a solution that works for both of you.</p>

1. Do you mail the invites for the hosts?

Yes, Pampered Chef Consultants typically mail the invites for their hosts. This ensures that the invites reach their guests in a timely manner and gives the consultant control over the mailing list. However, some consultants may choose to have their hosts mail the invites themselves.

2. Why?

Mailing the invites allows the consultant to have a complete list of invitees, making it easier to follow up with guests who did not RSVP. It also ensures that the invites reach the guests in a timely manner and creates a professional image for the consultant and the company.

3. Does it benefit you in the long run?

Yes, mailing the invites for the hosts can have several long-term benefits. It allows the consultant to have a complete list of guests, which can be used for future shows and follow-ups. It also creates a professional image for the consultant and the company, which can lead to more bookings and sales in the future.

4. Do the benefits outweigh the costs?

This ultimately depends on the individual consultant and their business strategy. While there may be a cost for postage, the benefits of having a complete guest list and creating a professional image may outweigh the cost in the long run. It is important for consultants to weigh the pros and cons and decide what works best for their business.

5. How do I convince my husband that it is a justifiable cost?

Start by explaining the long-term benefits of mailing the invites for the hosts, such as creating a professional image and having a complete guest list for future shows and follow-ups. You can also show him how this cost can potentially lead to more bookings and sales in the future. Additionally, consider discussing potential alternative methods, such as having the hosts mail the invites themselves, to find a solution that works for both of you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
letmepamperu13
  • Tonimabbott
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • chefsteph07