• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Including Show Expenses After Submitting: Tips & Tricks

I've never tied it to a specific show, but I have used P3 for a long time and it's been a big help with my taxes.
niktim3
Am I able to include my show expenses once I have submitted the show?
I forgot to do this on my last two shows.... ugh!!
THanks
Nicole

yes... i haven't had a problem...

I am going to restart PP3, as it is not letting me!!!
Hopefuly that is what it is!Thanks!
Nicole

Nope.. that didnt work!!
Will call HO tomorrow jsut incase!!
Nicole

That's weird, because I always add postage stuff after the show closes... and there are times that I have had to go back and put in the mileage and things like that too...

There are 2 ways to do it....
1. from the show itself you can click the add expense at thr top of the summary screen (aparently it does not work after the show is closed)

2. go to the add income expense tab (looks like a small dollar bill with a + sign)

I am going to go and try hte second option.....
will let you know, and thanks!
Nicole

No problem here on adding show expenses. I always do it by just clicking on add expense.

THe first option did not work after I submitted, however, the second did!! So thanks!
Is there a way to do just total mileage?? WHat is the current rate for mileage now adays?
Thanks again!
Nicole

It is an automatic calculation for what PC allows. When you click on the "dollar bill" icon, you hit the category pull down menu. Click on mileage and it will put in .4850. It asks for your odometer reading and it will calculate the miles, etc. If I don't have the reading, I just put in 100 to whatever miles I traveled. It automatically calculates it. Don't forget to count trips to the bank to make deposits, post office to mail anything, store to buy any recipe ingredients (even if it is a "home test), to Host's house and back, and any deliveries you have to make. If you work somewhere and people there bought items from you, you can count your mileage to and from work. I used to have a customer in the same city where I worked pick up from me at my office. I could count the mileage to and from work!

Really??
We can count all those incidentals??
WOW!!!
I usually use the trip, so i dont check the starting odometer.. thats all.
THanks for the advice, that pretty awesome news!
Nicole

Since July 1 (I think) the amount per mile is 58.5 cents.

Ok so is this just so you can keep track so when you do your taxes you can just print out reports?

I have never tied my expenses to a specific show...any reason I should change and do that?

I keep track of my expenses on my own and have not put them in to P3 at all. Do those of you who use it find it useful to tie it to shows?

it is 58.5 cents a mile. :) I use P3 to keep track of expenses- if I remember. It helps when it comes time to xerox recipes (once a month) and tax time. That way I have back up if something doesn't come out right. Plus it shows me if I spent too much or show my hubby that I Did in fact scale back in my spending. :) ha ha

P3 hasn't changed the rate. That's weird that it would go up and it wouldn't be changed! I love P3. I only used it 2 months last year and it was a big help with my taxes. You can add things like individual categories you want to use...cell phone (if you use it in your business), groceries (when I test recipes or do a free show and I buy), insurance (the $2 they deduct from our check) so I have it all spelled out. It was much easier for taxes that way!

armywyf said:
I keep track of my expenses on my own and have not put them in to P3 at all. Do those of you who use it find it useful to tie it to shows?

If you track your expenses in P3, you can print a report at the end of the year and have it all itemized for taxes. If you've got a system that's already working for you, it may not be worth your effort to switch over - other than knowing how to do it so you can train recruits.

I like tying things to particular shows. It helps me to see whether a trip to a distant host actually paid for itself. If I ever decide that beyond a certain distance isn't earning anything, I can choose not to do shows outside that range.Plus, for me tying it to shows would help my memory if I were ever audited.

1. How can I include show expenses after I have already submitted my order?

To add show expenses after submitting your order, simply log into your Pampered Chef account and click on the "My Show" tab. From there, select the show you would like to add expenses to and click on the "Add Expenses" button. You can then enter the expenses and save them to be included in your order.

2. Can I add show expenses for multiple shows at once?

Yes, you can add show expenses for multiple shows at once by selecting the "Bulk Add Expenses" option under the "My Show" tab. This will allow you to enter expenses for multiple shows and save them all at once.

3. What types of expenses can I include for my shows?

You can include any expenses related to your shows, such as travel expenses, food and beverage costs, and any supplies or materials purchased for the show. You can also add any additional fees or taxes associated with the show.

4. How will adding show expenses affect my commission?

Adding show expenses will not affect your commission. Your commission is based on the total sales from your show, not including any expenses. However, including your expenses will give you a more accurate view of your profits.

5. Can I edit or delete show expenses after they have been submitted?

Yes, you can edit or delete show expenses after they have been submitted. Simply go to the "My Show" tab and select the show you would like to make changes to. From there, you can edit or delete expenses as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• liz_grinkin
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • kitchenqueen